The only mock draft you will ever need...

FrozenJagrt

Dec 16, 2009
As a Leafs fan and a Jacobs fan, I truly do feel that if Jacobs is available when the Leafs are up in the second, Burke picks him. I can't see him passing up on a guy like Jacobs.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
As a Leafs fan and a Jacobs fan, I truly do feel that if Jacobs is available when the Leafs are up in the second, Burke picks him. I can't see him passing up on a guy like Jacobs.

How many times have you seen him, and have you seen him live?

He was good when I saw him in November or December, but his production has totally fallen through the floor. I still like him as a project, but only after the top 50-60.

Analyzer*

Mark McNeil would be nice, but personally I'd rather Olesiak for the habs.

I wouldn't be upset with either of them. Potential for Olesiak is, well probably higher for him than McNeil and the habs need d.

So, they'll take some no name kid from Apple Valley high school.

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
"are you going to do the 3rd round - would love to see it if you are considering it."

you talked me into it!

62-EDM-Reece Scarlett, D, Swift Current (WHL)
Classy defender plays a composed and clever puck-movers game.

63-OTT-Chris Gibson, G, Chicoutimi (QMJHL)
Finnish-born goalie has all the traits of that country’s elite.

64-NYI-Logan Shaw, RW, Cape Breton (QMJHL)
A big winger who plays a grinder’s game, could produce more on a better team.

65-NYI-Destry Straight, C, Coquitlam (BCHL)
Slender forward has dominated this season and is headed to Boston College

66-FLA-Tyler Wotherspoon, D, Portland (WHL)
After three forwards, Panthers take the best defenseman available.

67-ATL-Scott Oke, LW, Saint John (QMJHL)
Huberdeau’s teammate is a thick and truculent winger.

68-CHI- Robbie Russo, D, USNTP (USHL)
The Chicago native is a sleeper pick, has great instincts and could be a star. Off to Notre Dame.

69-STL- Brett Ritchie, RW, Sarnia (OHL)
Scouts are divided on the upside for the big winger but has the frame to be an NHLer.

70-CBJ-Liam Liston, G, Brandon (WHL)
Has impressed with his positioning and reflexes while playing on a bad team.

71-CAR- Jeremy Boyce-Rotevall, LW, Timra (Sweden)
The Hurricanes continue to defie the trend by picking more Europeans.

72-BUF-Tobias Rieder, RW, Kitchener (OHL)
The quick hands of Rieder inject some much-needed skill into the Sabres pool.

73-MIN- Max Le Sieur, RW, Shawinigan (QMJHL)
Solidly built winger plays a physical game and has decent hands.

74-NSH-Adam Reid, LW, USNTP (USHL)
The 6’4 winger is committed to Norteastern, not likely to score much but projects as a grinder.

75-EDM-Samu Perhonen, G, JYP (Finland)
The top ranked Euro goalie’s name translates into “Butterflyâ€.

76-NJD - forfeit

77-FLA- Zakhar Azamasztev, D, Novokuznetsk (Russia)
Mobile and well-built, has a reputation for big hits and a hot temper.

78-ANA-David Broll, LW, Sault Ste, Marie (OHL)
After taking two small centers, Ducks need some size and toughness on the wings.

79-DAL-Patrick Koudys, D, RPI (NCAA)
Haas great size, hard shot and excellent mobility, still growing into his frame.

80-MTL- Artem Sergeev, D, Val D’Or (QMJHL)
Plays a stay at home game but with exceptional skating and desire. Smart and savvy.

81-BOS-Mike McKee, D, Kent HS (CON)
Boy-monster was almost 12 pounds at birth and still growing at 6’5 and 230 lbs.

82-CHI-Neal Goff, D, Stillwater HS (MIN)
The youngest player in the draft, already 6’5 and coached by Phil Housley. Another steal.

83-LAK-Jean Francois Leblanc, C, Val D’OR (QMJHL)
Lanky center has great upside as a playmaker who plays a responsible game.

84-STL- Joachim Nermark, C, Linkoping, (Sweden)
Swede has a solid all-around game. Ranked much higher, could be a Wings-style steal.

85-FLA- Matt Nieto, LW, Boston University (NCAA)
Began the season flirting with the first round, has speed and skill to go with a high work rate.

86-PHI-Keegan Lowe, D, Edmonton (WHL)
Solid defender, unspectacular but has good positioning and reads the game well.

87-SJS-Luke Lockhart, RW, Seattle (WHL)
Not the biggest but competes all over the ice and has a hard shot with quick release.

88-TOR- Justin Sefton, D, Sudbury (OHL)
Hard as a rock, one of the toughest fighters in the league, choppy skater but can improve.

89-DET-Markus Granlund, C, HIFK (Finland)
Will he have the same chemistry with Pulkinnen as his brother? Could be a steal.

90-FLA-Connor Murphy, D, UNSTP (USHL)
Son of Panthers coach Gord Murphy, plays a similar style. Headed to U of Miami-Ohio.

91-VAN-Olivier Archambault, LW, Val D’Or (QMJHL)
Stocky winger has another Alex Burows written all over him.

BPD

Jul 7, 2009
New York City
Could see the Rangers packaging the 2 2nds to move up for a guy like Klefbom though - looks to be right up our alley - big guy, big shot.

Bennrocks

Mar 19, 2011
I can likely see Joe nieuwendyk from dallas taking oleksiak instead of beaulieu, he goes very hard after NCAA

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
Chicago has six picks in the first three:

Jurco----Catenacci----Rattie
Goff---Russo
J.Gibson

Florida did pretty well too:

Kokhlachev-Nieto--St. Croix---Biggs
Wotherspoon--Arzamastsev--Murphy

They already have Bjugstad, Brickley, Howden, Donskoi from last year.

Building through the draft. Now they can afford Gudbranson's demands too!

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
psst... chicago's giving up their lowest 2nd to ottawa in exchange for campoli.

which in this scenario means the gibson pick.

but ottawa could take both gibsons. Put one in college and leave the other in the CHL.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009

Not 100% sure, but I think it's their latest 2nd. Chicago has to decide 48 hours before the draft which one Sens get, and it would be stupid not to give up the latest. I could be wrong, but I believe this is correct.

Florida with 7 picks in the top90 this year too. It's gonna be great. Still hating Biggs at #5th.

McManked

Ooh to be a Gooner
Jan 16, 2011
Edmonton, AB
Was curious about that myself.

31-EDM-Rickard Rakell, RW, Plymouth (OHL)
With Lander and Paajarvi, the skilled and intense Rakell creates a solid second line for the Oil.

32-OTT-Victor Rask, C, Leksand (SWE)
You can never have too many Scandinavians in the prospect pool says the Sens brass.

33-COL-Scott Mayfield, D, Youngstown, (USHL)
Smooth-skating defenseman has imposing size and brings a physical element to the game.

34-NYI-Joe Morrow, D, Portland (WHL)
Islanders have any number of offensive defenseman, Morrow could be a steadying influence.

35-FLA-Alex Khokhlachev, C, Windsor (OHL)
“Koko†brings elite hands, speed and some excitement to the Panthers forwards group.

36-CHI-Tomas Jurco, LW, St. John (QMJHL)
With three picks in the second, ‘Hawks can take a risk on securing the next Marian Hossa.

37-TOR-Oscar Klefbom, D, Farjestad (SWE)
Big Swede with a big shot, bit erratic and sometimes too aggressive, just like his captain.

38-STL-Vlad Namestnikov, C, London (OHL)
Blues get another stylish and skilled center that could possibly play alongside Tarasenko.

39-CBJ-Mario Lucia, LW, Wayzata HS (MIN)
Size, speed and his dad is going to be his coach at the UofMinn next year.

40-CAR-Phil Danault, LW, Victoriaville (QNJHL)
Fast and tenacious fore-checker projects as a strong third-line winger with some pop.

41-STL-Adam Lowry, LW, Swift Current (WHL)
Big winger plays a throwback crash and bang style just like his Dad used to.

42-BOS-Shane Prince, LW, Ottawa (OHL)
Adds some offensive dimension to the prospect pool, a skilled winger to play with Seguin.

43-NSH-Colin Jacobs, C, Seattle (WHL)
Big strong right-handed center taken could step into Arnott’s skates sooner than later.

44-CHI – Dan Catennaci, C, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
“Cat†is one of the fastest skaters in the draft and uses his speed to play a two-way game.

45-NSH – Philippe Hudon, RW, Choates HS (CON)
Strong and smart winger is a top student-athlete and committed to Cornell University.

46-NYR-Vince Trocheck, C, Saginaw (OHL)
Plays a combative two-way game and has potential to grow into a Top-6 center.

47-ANA- Mikka Salomaki, C, Karpat (FIN)
A high-octane center has a non-stop motor and reminds a few of Saku Koivu.

48-DAL-Stefan Noesen, RW, Plymouth (OHL)
A Texan who was educated and motivated by Stars outreach programs is reclaimed.

49-FLA-Michael St. Croix, C, Edmonton (WHL)
One of the highest skill levels in the draft, held back by playing on a weak team.

50-NYI –Joe Labate, C, Holy Angels HS (MIN)
A 6’4 center who has dominated his age group and is headed to Wisconsin in the fall.

51-PHX – Marcel Noebels, LW, Seattle (WHL)
Big winger who has all the rough tools needed to be a power forward.

52-CHI-John Gibson, G, USNTP (USHL)
An embarrassment of riches for the ‘Hawks, star goalie prospect fourth pick of the draft.

53-LAK-Maxim Shalunov, LW, Chelyabinsk (KHL)
Kings have talent everywhere, Shalunov is a risk they can afford to take.

54-TBL-Myles Bell, D, Regina (WHL)
Big shooter who is all over the ice at times, with time could become a solid two-way player.

55-OTT-Gregory Hoffman, C, Ambri (SWI)
Strong competitor has great awareness and instincts with a well-rounded game.

56-PIT-Nick Shore, RW, Denver U (NCAA)
Pioneer Freshman is not as big as his older brother Drew, but faster and quicker hands.

57-SJS-Adam Clendening, D, Boston U (NCAA)
Has been a consistently strong offensive player, potential replacement for Boyle on the blueline.

58-PHX-Xavier Ouellet, D, Montreal (QMJHL)
Slick-skater with high offensive upside, needs to work on his strength and positioning.

59-DET – Max Friberg, RW, Skovde (SWE)
Not sure how the Wings always get these sleeper Swedes, Friberg starred with Jarnkrok at WJC.

60-NYR-Mike Paliotta, D, USNTP (USHL)
Lanky defender has great frame and upside, wore an “A†this year and is headed to UofVermont.

61-VAN-Stuart Percy, D, Mississauga (OHL)
The astute first-pass is key to the Canucks success and Percy does it better than most.

Is there any reason you didn't add the 3rd Sens 2nd Round pick from the Campoli trade? Is it because it's conditional?

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa

which in this scenario means the gibson pick.

but ottawa could take both gibsons. Put one in college and leave the other in the CHL.

I'd take the first Gibson and gladly switch the second for Ritchie, but that's just me.

Great mock Kyle.

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
Not 100% sure, but I think it's their latest 2nd. Chicago has to decide 48 hours before the draft which one Sens get, and it would be stupid not to give up the latest. I could be wrong, but I believe this is correct.

Florida with 7 picks in the top90 this year too. It's gonna be great. Still hating Biggs at #5th.

yeah, that's what i meant, lowest = worst to me.

so as it stands, the chicago pick. Outside chance that it's the flames pick if they go farther in the POs.

Future

Feb 8, 2011
Ontario
I can't see Jensen moving up that high. Peumpel might but I don't think Jensen would.

*Crosses fingers* Imagine getting Jensen and Jenner.

In a perfect world we would also take Jurco as with our second.

Last edited:

Amputechture

Jun 24, 2007
Toronto
I can't see Jensen moving up that high. Peumpel might but I don't think Jensen would.

*Crosses fingers* Imagine getting Jensen and Jenner.

In a perfect world we would also take Jurco as with our second.

I really don't get the hype with Jenner. Ive been to a bunch of gennies games this year and I am really not a fan of Jenner. He seems to have some pretty high hockey IQ and the Gens use him in all situations, but his skating is just terrible. It's like watching someone skating on sand. I see him as a 3rd line centre in the NHL. He could be so good, but man that skating is rough.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
64-NYI-Logan Shaw, RW, Cape Breton (QMJHL)
A big winger who plays a grinder’s game, could produce more on a better team.

65-NYI-Destry Straight, C, Coquitlam (BCHL)
Slender forward has dominated this season and is headed to Boston College

Anaheim holds the rights to the lower of the Islanders two 3rd rounders(for Wisniewski)

weems

Jul 3, 2008
I really don't get the hype with Jenner. Ive been to a bunch of gennies games this year and I am really not a fan of Jenner. He seems to have some pretty high hockey IQ and the Gens use him in all situations, but his skating is just terrible. It's like watching someone skating on sand. I see him as a 3rd line centre in the NHL. He could be so good, but man that skating is rough.

I would hardly say his skating is "terrible".

His balance looks like more of a issue then his speed.

I'm assuming the hype comes with the fact he's got good size, his compete level is off the charts, he has some offensive ability and is also said to have great leadership qualities. Players that have all these attributes usually have a good chance to become very solid NHL players, the types that would take a puck in the face to win a hockey game. I've only seen him play twice but both times he was all over the ice making things happen basically every shift. He looks like a less offensively gifted Mike Richards. Someone you can play in just about every situation and will consistantly bring energy and effort. Funny enough If I remember correctly some people where concerned with Richards foot speed going into the draft and thought it was one of the reasons he fell to late first. Jenner might not have the top end some other players in the 15-30 range do, but he's a pretty solid bet to become a NHL player and his floor is pretty good (strong 3rd line centre with tons of leadership intangibles).

I would love for the Leafs to take this kid with one of there two firsts.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
As pointed out the Sens will get the Hawks worst 2nd round pick

21-CHI-Ty Rattie, RW, Portland (WHL)
Shifty playmaker has already become accustomed to wearing a ‘Hawks jersey..

36-CHI-Tomas Jurco, LW, St. John (QMJHL)
With three picks in the second, ‘Hawks can take a risk on securing the next Marian Hossa.

44-CHI – Dan Catennaci, C, Sault Ste. Marie (OHL)
“Cat” is one of the fastest skaters in the draft and uses his speed to play a two-way game..

68-CHI- Robbie Russo, D, USNTP (USHL)
The Chicago native is a sleeper pick, has great instincts and could be a star. Off to Notre Dame.

82-CHI-Neal Goff, D, Stillwater HS (MIN)
The youngest player in the draft, already 6’5 and coached by Phil Housley. Another steal..

I liked the 1st 4 picks but do not like Goff pick

We need to improve our RW depth in system and we already are D heavy in system and at NHL level so I would prefer to use only 1 of our 1st 5 picks to go D

Issacar

Jan 19, 2011
I'm not sold on Mark McNeill with the Canadiens. In a "perfect situation", they probably would be looking out for a natural RW since they only have Brian Gionta, Ian Shultz, Aaron Palushaj and Danny Kristo and only 1 of these players is in the NHL right now.

But I can fancy him, he is right handed, so he could be transformed into a RW. Would be an interesting line :

PacMan - Desharnais/Eller/Leblanc - McNeill. Interesting mix of size, talent and whatsnot.

edit : Forgot to toss in Brendan Gallagher and Alexander Avtsin who are/could be worthy of mention

Last edited:

Amputechture

Jun 24, 2007
Toronto
I would hardly say his skating is "terrible".

His balance looks like more of a issue then his speed.

I'm assuming the hype comes with the fact he's got good size, his compete level is off the charts, he has some offensive ability and is also said to have great leadership qualities. Players that have all these attributes usually have a good chance to become very solid NHL players, the types that would take a puck in the face to win a hockey game. I've only seen him play twice but both times he was all over the ice making things happen basically every shift. He looks like a less offensively gifted Mike Richards. Someone you can play in just about every situation and will consistantly bring energy and effort. Funny enough If I remember correctly some people where concerned with Richards foot speed going into the draft and thought it was one of the reasons he fell to late first. Jenner might not have the top end some other players in the 15-30 range do, but he's a pretty solid bet to become a NHL player and his floor is pretty good (strong 3rd line centre with tons of leadership intangibles).

I would love for the Leafs to take this kid with one of there two firsts.

Interesting analysis.

I've seen about 9 Gens games this season live and a bunch more on TV.
I would definitely say that his speed is of incredible concern. He does have many solid qualities as you have listed above, and I did mention that the Gens staff feel comfortable enough in putting him in all situations on the ice. He is definitely a leader on the team and is very vocal when he is on the ice. Those are all qualities that I would be looking for as a scout/GM for an NHL team. However, when watching him skate, I cannot help but feel this will be what holds him back at the NHL level. He has a strong competitive level to his game and I think that will be what keeps him in the NHL, but I see a 3rd line centre out of him, who can chip in offensively at times. I do not see anything even remotely close to Mike Richards in him aside from his competitiveness/leadership.

GM17*

Saint John - never abbreviated ;D

If they don't forfeit their pick, NJD will likely trade down for Beaulieu or pick Strome/Murphy straightup to fill their needs. Definetly won't be a LWer with Rolston Elias Parise Kovalchuk all at that position.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad