The only mock draft you will ever need...

MarkovtoSubban

Mar 11, 2009
Toronto
...at least until the end of the season.

Made some projections, have the Devils and Ducks making the playoffs and I guess the Canucks beat the Caps in the Cup finals.

Congrats Vancouver. And now your 2011 1st round:

1-EDM – Adam Larsson, D, Skelleftea (SWE)
For all the love of the Nuge, Larsson makes the team so much better right away.

2-OTT – Gabriel Landeskog, C, Kitchener (OHL)
With Alfie fading, the Sens secure their new captain and leader.

3-COL- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, C, Red Deer (WHL)
Avs can’t resist adding the “Next Sakic†to the current young core.

4-NYI- Sean Couturier, C, Drummondville (QMJHL)
Time will tell but the Isles may soon have the best top line in the NHL: Couturier-Tavares-Nino!

5-FLA – Tyler Biggs, RW, USNTP (USHL)
With a deep group of forward prospects, the Panthers add some drive and leadership.

6-ATL – Jonathon Huberdeau, C, St. John (QMJHL)
Following up Burmistrov with another slick playmaker gives the Thrash a new look at center.

7-BOS- Dougie Hamilton, D, Niagara (0HL)
Has the size and skill to play the game any way needed. Thank You Kessel!

8-STL-Ryan Strome, C, Niagara (OHL)
The highly-skilled impact center the Blues need to complement a deep group of forwards.

9-CBJ-Ryan Murphy, D, Kitchener (OHL)
After holding their breath for 8 picks, BJs get the puck-mover they’ve been dreaming about.

10-CAR-Mika Zibanejad, C, Djurgjarden (SWE)
Fast and physical, Z-bad gives the ‘Canes a powerful 1-2 punch with Staal down the middle.

11-BUF-Duncan Siemens, D, Saskatoon (WHL)
Big and tough blueliner draws comparisons to Scott Stevens, future partner to Tyler Myers.

12-MIN-Joel Armia, RW, Assat (FIN)
Inevitably, the top ranked Finn goes to Minnesota to play with Koivu, Granlund and Miettinen.

13-OTT-Nicklas Jensen, LW, Oshawa (OHL)
With Peter Regin, gives the Sens a Danish contingent to balance the seven Swedes in the system.

14-CGY-Matt Puempel, LW, Peterborough (OHL)
Bit off the board or draft day steal depending on how you look at it. Sniper had a bad season.

15-NJD-Sven Baertschi, LW, Portland (WHL)
Swift winger with good passing skills who battles hard, reminds some of Zach Parise.

16-NYR-Brandon Saad, LW, Saginaw (OHL)
Power forward in the making slides to 16 but has the size and speed to be a force.

17-ANA-Rocco Grimaldi, C, USNTP (USHL)
California kid brings speed and intensity to complement Etem, Palmieri and DSP.

18-DAL-Nathan Beaulieu, D, St. John (QMJHL)
After passing on Fowler last year the Stars get a puck-mover, will he pan out as promised?

19-MTL-Mark McNeill, C, Prince Albert (WHL)
Resisting the temptation to assign the top-ranked French name, Habs get tough center with size.

20-PHX-Dmitrij Jaskin, RW, Slavia Prague (CZE)
Skilled Czech winger has good size and plays a physical game, could be NHL ready very soon.

21-CHI-Ty Rattie, RW, Portland (WHL)
Shifty playmaker has already become accustomed to wearing a ‘Hawks jersey.

22-EDM-Mark Scheifele, C, Barrie (OHL)
Having to pass on the Nuge hurt, but Scheifele is a playmaker who could make the top line click.

23-TBL-Zack Phillips, C, St. John (QMJHL)
A very good playmaker with quick hands who could make bullets for Connolly and Ashton.

24-TOR-Boone Jenner, C, Oshawa (OHL)
Strong puck-pursuit skills and team-first mentality continues the Burke rebuild. Thank you Kabs!

25-PIT-JT Miller, C, USNTP (USHL)
Hometown boy can play the wing or center and continues the Penguins cap-friendly growth.

26-SJS-Jamieson Oleksiak, Northeastern (NCAA)
With Oleksiak 6’7, Petrecki 6’5 and Doherty 6’8 the Sharks have size on the backend to spare.

27-TOR-Lucas Lessio, LW, Oshawa (OHL)
Not the skilled tandem of Seguin-Knight but Lessio-Jenner will improve the Leafs penalty kill.

28-DET-Jonas Brodin, D, Farjestad (SWE)
The next “next Lidstrom†might actually have the skills, poise and smarts to make the tag stick.

29-WSH-Seth Ambroz, RW, Omaha (USHL)
With plenty of Russians, Swedes and goalies in the system, Caps look for the “next Knuble.â€

30-VAN- David Musil, D, Vancouver (WHL)
Hometown boy has size, strength and bloodlines to be a major force on the Cup winners blueline.

Will start working on the second round mock right away.

Macch

Mar 22, 2010
Time will tell but the Isles may soon have the best top line in the NHL: Couturier-Tavares-Nino!

Love it. Hopefully the Isles can land one of the top 4

I can't wait till Couturier falls into the Isles lap. There is no reason his stock should be taking a hit.

Last edited:

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Probably the best mock I've seen in atleast a few weeks. Great job.

Confound

Vindication
Oct 28, 2010
Maine
...at least until the end of the season.

Made some projections, have the Devils and Ducks making the playoffs and I guess the Canucks beat the Caps in the Cup finals.

Congrats Vancouver. And now your 2011 1st round:

1-EDM – Adam Larsson, D, Skelleftea (SWE)
For all the love of the Nuge, Larsson makes the team so much better right away.

2-OTT – Gabriel Landeskog, C, Kitchener (OHL)
With Alfie fading, the Sens secure their new captain and leader.

3-COL- Ryan Nugent-Hopkins, C, Red Deer (WHL)
Avs can’t resist adding the “Next Sakic†to the current young core.

5-FLA – Tyler Biggs, RW, USNTP (USHL)
With a deep group of forward prospects, the Panthers add some drive and leadership.

6-ATL – Jonathon Huberdeau, C, St. John (QMJHL)
Following up Burmistrov with another slick playmaker gives the Thrash a new look at center.

7-BOS- Dougie Hamilton, D, Niagara (0HL)
Has the size and skill to play the game any way needed. Thank You Kessel!

8-STL-Ryan Strome, C, Niagara (OHL)
The highly-skilled impact center the Blues need to complement a deep group of forwards.

9-CBJ-Ryan Murphy, D, Kitchener (OHL)
After holding their breath for 8 picks, BJs get the puck-mover they’ve been dreaming about.

10-CAR-Mika Zibanejad, C, Djurgjarden (SWE)
Fast and physical, Z-bad gives the ‘Canes a powerful 1-2 punch with Staal down the middle.

11-BUF-Duncan Siemens, D, Saskatoon (WHL)
Big and tough blueliner draws comparisons to Scott Stevens, future partner to Tyler Myers.

12-MIN-Joel Armia, RW, Assat (FIN)
Inevitably, the top ranked Finn goes to Minnesota to play with Koivu, Granlund and Miettinen.

13-OTT-Nicklas Jensen, LW, Oshawa (OHL)
With Peter Regin, gives the Sens a Danish contingent to balance the seven Swedes in the system.

14-CGY-Matt Puempel, LW, Peterborough (OHL)
Bit off the board or draft day steal depending on how you look at it. Sniper had a bad season.

15-NJD-Sven Baertschi, LW, Portland (WHL)
Swift winger with good passing skills who battles hard, reminds some of Zach Parise.

16-NYR-Brandon Saad, LW, Saginaw (OHL)
Power forward in the making slides to 16 but has the size and speed to be a force.

17-ANA-Rocco Grimaldi, C, USNTP (USHL)
California kid brings speed and intensity to complement Etem, Palmieri and DSP.

18-DAL-Nathan Beaulieu, D, St. John (QMJHL)
After passing on Fowler last year the Stars get a puck-mover, will he pan out as promised?

19-MTL-Mark McNeill, C, Prince Albert (WHL)
Resisting the temptation to assign the top-ranked French name, Habs get tough center with size.

20-PHX-Dmitrij Jaskin, RW, Slavia Prague (CZE)
Skilled Czech winger has good size and plays a physical game, could be NHL ready very soon.

21-CHI-Ty Rattie, RW, Portland (WHL)
Shifty playmaker has already become accustomed to wearing a ‘Hawks jersey.

22-EDM-Mark Scheifele, C, Barrie (OHL)
Having to pass on the Nuge hurt, but Scheifele is a playmaker who could make the top line click.

23-TBL-Zack Phillips, C, St. John (QMJHL)
A very good playmaker with quick hands who could make bullets for Connolly and Ashton.

24-TOR-Boone Jenner, C, Oshawa (OHL)
Strong puck-pursuit skills and team-first mentality continues the Burke rebuild. Thank you Kabs!

25-PIT-JT Miller, C, USNTP (USHL)
Hometown boy can play the wing or center and continues the Penguins cap-friendly growth.

26-SJS-Jamieson Oleksiak, Northeastern (NCAA)
With Oleksiak 6’7, Petrecki 6’5 and Doherty 6’8 the Sharks have size on the backend to spare.

27-TOR-Lucas Lessio, LW, Oshawa (OHL)
Not the skilled tandem of Seguin-Knight but Lessio-Jenner will improve the Leafs penalty kill.

28-DET-Jonas Brodin, D, Farjestad (SWE)
The next “next Lidstrom†might actually have the skills, poise and smarts to make the tag stick.

29-WSH-Seth Ambroz, RW, Omaha (USHL)
With plenty of Russians, Swedes and goalies in the system, Caps look for the “next Knuble.â€

30-VAN- David Musil, D, Vancouver (WHL)
Hometown boy has size, strength and bloodlines to be a major force on the Cup winners blueline.

Will start working on the second round mock right away.

Would love Hamilton, anyone know what type of player he compares to best in the NHL?

ronnyweed

Aug 7, 2008
Ontario
the leafs taking 2 generals, love it

Altho I have a feeling that both the lightning and the rangers will have interest, with steve thomas (tampa) and adam graves (rangers) watching every generals game.

Was not surprised at all when the rangers grabbed thomas last year.

jablueblue

Jul 22, 2009
Looks good, only thing that really had me caught off guard was Biggs at 5, can Flordia really afford to go with a safe pick at this point?

danishh

Dec 9, 2006
YOW
perfect first for the sens IMO.

isles better watch out, if the sens draft jensen no way nielsen doesnt sign with us in 2012. The Herning Crew will be our third line.

one tweak i might make would be carolina. Love zibanejad as a player and think he'd be a good pick there, but carolina has heavy tendencies to the CHL in first rounds.

sg58

Jul 15, 2008
One thing that caught the eye was Zibanejad to Canes at 10. Jimmy Rutherford have shown resistance to drafting Europeans, especially early. Haven't drafted a Euro in the first two rounds in 10 years, the 'Canes.

Reverend Mayhem

Lowly Serf/Reluctant Cuckold
Feb 15, 2009
Port Coquitlam, BC
I really liked that. Looked fairly accurate.

Maybe one thing that bothered me is that it has been a big philosophy that Columbus doesn't like to use their first pick to draft defenseman, but with pretty much every prospect you could think of in their system can fill the hole playing with Nash (Filatov, Voracek, Brassard, Johansen take your pick) I could really see them taking a guy like Ryan Murhpy if they are in that position.

So yeah, no complaints :P

EDIT: I think Jonas Brodin might be my new favourite player, get him to play forward and Vancouver takes him

Sedin-Sedin-Brodin

The All-Brother line.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
^ Agreed on Zibanejad.

Staal
Sutter
Dalpe
Boychuk

They have enough C depth already, they should be taking BPA at that point instead of position.

I also don't agree with the Grimaldi pick but other than that it's fine.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island

isles better watch out, if the sens draft jensen no way nielsen doesnt sign with us in 2012. The Herning Crew will be our third line.

one tweak i might make would be carolina. Love zibanejad as a player and think he'd be a good pick there, but carolina has heavy tendencies to the CHL in first rounds.

Nielsen is going NOWHERE. This works out great for the Isles as well, They could have great center center depth for years to come Tavares, couturier, Bailey, Nielsen. Bailey would likely be moved to the wing.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
I will be so freakin' pissed if Florida selected Biggs at #5. Biggs at fifth would be one really bad selection. We know we are cursed, but come on. We are not trying to ruin it for ourselves. Strome or Huberdeau I think is more likely, even though Biggs sounds like a player Tallon could like. Still hoping for the Islanders to pass us so we can draft Couturier, who is too perfect for Tallon and our need.

Last edited:

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

:laugh:

Nah I don't see it.

So long as the isles don't try to lowball him,I expect Frans to be an isle for the next several yrs.Like Moulson,KO and Tavares,he talks pretty highly about the front office and owner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad