The once-new "what's going on with Panarin" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
Yeah yeah, everything is misunderstanding and a joke with adorable Breadman. Yesterday Portzline said that Panarin long shifts are rubbing his teammates in a wrong way "tired me is still better than rested you" smth like that. It was a joke too, i guess.
I'm not doubting this, but where is the article? I subscribe to the Athletic, so I can go there.

Thanks in advance.

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
I didn't see the Instagram chat -- this is a thing? -- but I heard about it. Was told it was two player joking around, jabbing each other and their teammates. I don't think that rubbed anybody the wrong way. But the lengthy shifts don't win any friends in the dressing room. 1:00, 1:05, 1:10 sometimes, OK. But these 90-second and 2 minute-plus shifts are ridiculous. From the outside it looks like a player with tremendous stamina and will to win. But to other players it can come off as a lack of respect. It's saying "a tired me is better than a rested you." You could make that case some nights, but when the shifts get too out of hand that's not cool to the other guys on the team.

Recap: Blue Jackets Q&A with Aaron Portzline

#9 is a bit of a diva me thinks.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Yep he may have all the tools, but to be honest, I dont think he has the will/ drive to get better. I mean we are on what, close to 3 years of Torts telling him to shoot the puck, hes lucky to have 1 shot per game. He doesnt carry the puck, if you watch, hes always trying to make the quick pass.

As far as Jenner, yeah, I guess he could play with Bread, but honestly, I think Bread needs players that can skate with him, on his line.

The former: That was covered in the "Will he get it?". Other players have, he might not.

The later: I find the talk about Jenner's skating mostly urban legend. Jenner is quite capable of getting in scoring position and Panarin is quite cable of getting him the puck. Jenner is also quite capable of help Panarin get space on the ice. Is Jenner the best skater? Of course not, but he's not nearly as crappy of a skater than those around here make him out to be. It's quite overblown.

Reactions: thebus88

major major

Feb 18, 2013
. He's already shown he can hold his own with the top centers in the league, even if he's not one of the six or seven. He's certainly in the top half of top line centers.

[ Not all of this is a reply to you.]

I'd bet on Dubois joining that upper half of #1C's group, but I don't think he's there yet.

The puck control just is terrible some nights and though he has some great defensive attributes, it's not all put together. On the Brodie goal, you see his issues come together - a bad pass from PLD goes right to Gaudreau, and then Dubois gets outraced back to the net by Brodie. This is the same Dubois who outmatched Tavares for a stretch the week prior. Typical inconsistent kid.

Others have mentioned his sloppy passing - he needs to be less sloppy about it, for sure, but passing doesn't necessarily have to be his strength just because he's a center. Dubois has amazing goal scoring upside - last summer I put him right up there with Atkinson.

I'm open to new line combos but I like the top line and I'm not concerned with Panarin not getting the sweet feeds. Panarin has defenders all around him, it makes sense that he's doing the feeding. It wouldn't be the first time a star player starts his career as a goal scorer and ends up as a playmaker, once they get double-teamed it's the best thing to do.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
Regarding Jenner: the guy has worked really hard to add skill, especially in puckhandling. He's not the most skilled guy but he doesn't stick out like he used to.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
"Tired me is still better than rested you" - I empathize with Panarin's teammates if this is the way they're taking it. It sucks for whichever LW has to follow Panarin, you only get half a shift. It would be better if Artemi was just double-shifted with shorter shifts, because "rested Artemi is better than tired Artemi" - it seems like that's not possible if Artemi doesn't shorten his shifts.

I'd be frustrated if I'm a LW on the Jackets. I'm a second line center on a men's league team. The top center is a great scorer. Good friend but get off the f***ing ice.

Finner

Dec 8, 2018
Just read a new what says that Panarin is going to talk about new contract with Blue Jackets. Time for that is going to be January. Sorry for bad english

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
2 things:

1. Seems to me he was speaking broadly about translations, not yours specifically. I can assume you agree there is a lot of bad/lazy translating going on out there, generally speaking.
2. I think it's interesting that someone disagrees with your translation. Doesn't mean you're up to no good, that's just the nature of language. Lots of ways to interpret things. I appreciate multiple voices chiming in on this, and someone disagreeing with you shouldn't be reason to call it quits. Keep 'em coming!
Guy does a lot of interviews. A lot. Sometimes i don't bring them here because it's all the same. He already mentioned before, that "he's not worried if he will have a bad season, then he will sign for less money." source for our new editor. -> https://prostoprosport.ru So he pretty much echoed that previous statement about this season. I don't do "interpretations".

He wasn't joking about not getting enough passes. Here is the last one with his favorite person again. (god i can't stand Lysenkov) Where he brings that qoute about not getting enough passes, and he's discussing how he accepted that role too much, so he will try to drive to the net himself.

The only qoute worth mention in that 30 minutes interview (aside of them making fun of Columbus - the city, again) is this.

- Some questions about your future contract. Why do you have a new round of talks with Columbus in January?
- It's just.... right now i just want to play hockey. I was adamant in the summer about contract talks, but not so adamant now. So we’ll talk in January.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Can’t watch the video as I’m away, so maybe this is wrong, but judging the “I’m not so adamant now. We’ll talk in January.” Could mean He’s finally willing to talk extension with us?

Reactions: GoJackets1

Zzzzz

Dec 7, 2018
(god i can't stand Lysenkov)
Me too.

Wow, what a reaction on the question about Blackhawks. It calls 'love cannot be ordered'. He's stopped talks with Habs in 2015 as Hawks had called him. Well, await the course of events

Last edited:

Viqsi

"that chick from Ohio"
Oct 5, 2007
40N 83W (approx)
Lets all gather around the campfire and sing a few songs while the smores roast :vhappy:
That's the unfortunate thing about generally being cautiously optimistic about things - when you get good-sounding news like that, it doesn't really add much to your mood. :( ;)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
That's the unfortunate thing about generally being cautiously optimistic about things - when you get good-sounding news like that, it doesn't really add much to your mood. :( ;)

My mood would be lifted if Artemi played better.

I'm not going to get worked up about future years.

Madifer

Oct 2, 2018
Here is my forecast: Panarin doesnt get traded by CBJ. In the summer he ends up with a contract that is too risky for the team that signs him. Too many millions and too many years.

Would CBJ sign both Bob and Bread for lets say 6 years and $120m combined cap over these six years? or 20m a year for example 12/8.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad