The once-new "what's going on with Panarin" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

db2011

Oct 10, 2011
Brooklyn
Harmless banter that unsurprisingly is being blown out of proportion if you ask me.

To me there's no question. The whole conversation is on that level. It's like when I'm shooting pool and miss and say "this table is all messed up" or make a bad break and blame it on the rack. I see it as the farcical fall-back when forwards banter about not scoring- "no one's passing it to me!" As a joke.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
To me there's no question. The whole conversation is on that level. It's like when I'm shooting pool and miss and say "this table is all messed up" or make a bad break and blame it on the rack. I see it as the farcical fall-back when forwards banter about not scoring- "no one's passing it to me!" As a joke.
I said that but was informed that he was being 100% serious during the interview.

Zzzzz

Dec 7, 2018
I said that but was informed that he was being 100% serious during the interview.
It wasn't an interview, it was a chatter with his friend, and Artemi definitely wasn't being serious during that. He teases everyone everywhere and every time.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Artemy Panarin has no deadline for deciding on his future.
“I don’t think about it at all,” Panarin said on Thursday. “Although sometimes there are thoughts, but nothing serious. There are no specific deadlines. When I want, then I’ll think about it. Now I don’t want to.”
On question what price he estimated for himself he said: “This is the hardest question, it is impossible to answer it. I will look at the market price. Doesn't matter how i play this year, I already had three quite good years in the NHL, we’ll summarize that and call our price. "

Панарин: оценивать себя буду по рынку

Zzzzz

Dec 7, 2018
Thanks!
Doesn't matter how i play this year
I just can't find this quote in the russian source. He said something like "I can say nothing about my stats of this season. Let things happen as they will".

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Thanks!

I just can't find this quote in the russian source. He said something like "I can say nothing about my stats of this season. Let things happen as they will".
So are we gonna play editor and context? then this "I can say nothing about my stats of this season" is definitely not there.
"Как сыграю, так и сыграю" - there is no word for word translation, but then he says, that he already has 3 seasons of good play, so... it doesn't matter. He doesn't think this year will affect his contract.

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Thanks!

Btw about just joking/teasing about his teammates, Eronko is joking too i guess?
"Main reason for Panarin to leave, he wants more respectable partners, and Dubois and Atkinson are not that, and i heard how he spoke quite disdainfully about his linemates already"

that was way before Radulov Panarin chat.
https://youtu.be/

Zzzzz

Dec 7, 2018
Well, people often put words he never said in his mouth.
He didn't tell it doesn't matter. It's matter, but he doesn't know how will he play. It's a different things.

Zzzzz

Dec 7, 2018
Eronko is joking too i guess?
Who is that? Journalist? First time watching this video. He said 'he heard'. Everyone can say the same or opposite thing and what?

Kane told that Artemi always yelled on him 'pass me, pass me more'. Tbh, PLD and Cam are great but not so good passers as Kaner was. And, yes, Artemi can joke about this.

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
I missed this part of the conversation if it was on HF. By whom were you informed? Thanks.

There is a video, he wasn't joking. Also called his apartment - a hut. "Do you guys want me to show my bar? Ugh no.. there is nothing to show here, we are living in a hut."

Maylo originally translated the video and understands Russian humor way better than I do fwiw.

Reactions: The Bread Man

Maylo

It never happened.
May 20, 2017
Who is that? Journalist? First time watching this video. He said 'he heard'. Everyone can say the same or opposite thing and what?

Kane told that Artemi always yelled on him 'pass me, pass me more'. Tbh, PLD and Cam are great but not so good passers as Kaner was. And, yes, Artemi can joke about this.
Yeah yeah, everything is misunderstanding and a joke with adorable Breadman. Yesterday Portzline said that Panarin long shifts are rubbing his teammates in a wrong way "tired me is still better than rested you" smth like that. It was a joke too, i guess.

Zzzzz

Dec 7, 2018
everything is misunderstanding and a joke with adorable Breadman
I feel myself lil confused with your tonе. Do you blame me in something or not? Panarin is not an angel, he's had to prove his abilities during all his life, because many people had doubts about it. And now he has ambition to be a big star, obviously.
As far as I know he is rarely being a serious 'for camera'. I know it 'coz I read and listened to many Artemi's interview since he was playing for SKA.
In regards to his 'rubbing teammates', I know nothing about it. This is only rumors. Somebody prefes to spread rumours, somebody doesn't.

Last edited:

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
I think what Maylo is saying is that hes saying it in a kidding manner, he means no ill will, but at the same point, its absolute truth. We dont have a center on this team that really can play with Panarin. Pld is more of a power forward at the center position. Wennberg is a perimeter player, that doesnt carry play. He wants to make the quick pass, not carry the puck, and since he wont shoot, doesnt open the ice up for his teammates. Boone Jenner, and Dubi ? Not really hard to see what hes saying.

Zzzzz

Dec 7, 2018
hes saying it in a kidding manner, he means no ill will, but at the same point, its absolute truth.
That what I'm trying to say. Yeah, it's truth, and he's teasing his linemates because of that, but there is not disrespect for them.
Well, read-only mode, sorry for many messages, good day to all.

KJ Dangler

Oct 21, 2006
Columbus
That what I'm trying to say. Yeah, it's truth, and he's teasing his linemates because of that, but there is not disrespect for them.
Well, read-only mode, sorry for many messages, good day to all.
I think you can say things in a kidding manner to take the burn away, but there’s also usually truth in what’s being said . So I think Maylos translation is dead on , and Bread is absolutely bothered by this . I would also say it’s just another reason why Bread is just doing his time here , and there is 0 chance he resigns here . At some point Jarmo has to address the skill level at the forward position . Is Pld a #1 c ? Possibly in the future . He sure is productive . Not sure he’s a great passer at this point . That’s where you really need a skilled center that can jump up to #1 duties if necessary . We don’t have that . Wennberg is a #3 C , at best. He doesn’t like to carry the puck , he doesn’t occupy time or space , and most of his assist , are quick relay passes . Boone certainly can’t play with Bread , nor can Dubinsky or Nash . My hope is , that once Bob is gone after this season, they use that money , and actually bring in some skilled forwards . Look at how slow our puck movement is on the power play . That’s not scheme , it’s having a lack of skilled forwards , like a Duclair, Milano, Bjork, all on the ice . Torts is enfatuated with heavy players . Bread came from Chicago, which had many high end skilled puck movers .

Reactions: Cyclones Rock

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
Riiight.
Won't translate a thing anymore, no worries.

2 things:

1. Seems to me he was speaking broadly about translations, not yours specifically. I can assume you agree there is a lot of bad/lazy translating going on out there, generally speaking.
2. I think it's interesting that someone disagrees with your translation. Doesn't mean you're up to no good, that's just the nature of language. Lots of ways to interpret things. I appreciate multiple voices chiming in on this, and someone disagreeing with you shouldn't be reason to call it quits. Keep 'em coming!

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
I think you can say things in a kidding manner to take the burn away, but there’s also usually truth in what’s being said . So I think Maylos translation is dead on , and Bread is absolutely bothered by this . I would also say it’s just another reason why Bread is just doing his time here , and there is 0 chance he resigns here . At some point Jarmo has to address the skill level at the forward position . Is Pld a #1 c ? Possibly in the future . He sure is productive . Not sure he’s a great passer at this point . That’s where you really need a skilled center that can jump up to #1 duties if necessary . We don’t have that . Wennberg is a #3 C , at best. He doesn’t like to carry the puck , he doesn’t occupy time or space , and most of his assist , are quick relay passes . Boone certainly can’t play with Bread , nor can Dubinsky or Nash . My hope is , that once Bob is gone after this season, they use that money , and actually bring in some skilled forwards . Look at how slow our puck movement is on the power play . That’s not scheme , it’s having a lack of skilled forwards , like a Duclair, Milano, Bjork, all on the ice . Torts is enfatuated with heavy players . Bread came from Chicago, which had many high end skilled puck movers .

But again... if Panarin is one of those skilled players you're talking about, why does he get so much ice time? It feels like you're having your cake and eating it too.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Is Pld a #1 c ? Possibly in the future . He sure is productive . Not sure he’s a great passer at this point . That’s where you really need a skilled center that can jump up to #1 duties if necessary . We don’t have that . Wennberg is a #3 C , at best. He doesn’t like to carry the puck , he doesn’t occupy time or space , and most of his assist , are quick relay passes . Boone certainly can’t play with Bread , nor can Dubinsky or Nash .

What a strange compilation of random thoughts.

1. PLD is a top line center. That really isn't a question. What is the question is what his eventual upside will be (top line, elite, franchise - he's not generational). Sure he has more development to do, but he's clearly a big minutes center who can produce. He's already shown he can hold his own with the top centers in the league, even if he's not one of the six or seven. He's certainly in the top half of top line centers.
2. We just throw out goofy stuff at times. Jenner could certainly play with Panarin (man does the nick name Bread blow). If this team develops another good LW I could easily see Panarin being moved up and down in the top six for matchup reasons, assuming Jenner is allowed to play his game long term with Torts. Right now we're actually in a more rare spot for this franchise, we have more depth on the RW. We've been jacking around with Jenner for too long.
3. Wennberg has all the tools to play in the top six. As I said before the question for him is if he's ever going to get it, like Atkinson did (and Malhotra before him). To suggest he's only peak at a #3C for his career is to dismiss his potential. He could easily be a top line center with the tools he has.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->