The once-new "what's going on with Panarin" thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio
True, but he should have waited to at least try to get more.

That's kind of been the point of those of us that have countered the 'trade Panarin right now' posts. If that is the type of package that is being offered for Panarin, I'd rather throw the dice and see if the Jackets can make a run this year. Then, make the final decision at the deadline - if they are in the mix, having Panarin this year and losing him for nothing is a better option than getting a bag of magic beans.

Monk

Feb 5, 2008
That's kind of been the point of those of us that have countered the 'trade Panarin right now' posts. If that is the type of package that is being offered for Panarin, I'd rather throw the dice and see if the Jackets can make a run this year. Then, make the final decision at the deadline - if they are in the mix, having Panarin this year and losing him for nothing is a better option than getting a bag of magic beans.

Nailed it

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Exactly.

Even if you upgrade the 2nd rounder to a likely mid 1st and add a 40 point player, that package is still not very desirable for Panarin.

Reactions: cslebn

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
At least hf can be unanimous about one thing.... That Skinner trade is bad

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Exactly.

Even if you upgrade the 2nd rounder to a likely mid 1st and add a 40 point player, that package is still not very desirable for Panarin.

I don't know about your alternative scenario. I'd take a mid 40 point player, a mid to high 1st (not lottery protected) and a decent to good prospect/roster player. Although I doubt Rangers do it Hayes + 1st + Namestikov probably works for me. If Hayes doesn't work trade him at the deadline.

In any case unless Panarin agrees to an extension with the trading partner I think he is here and should be if the return is anything like Carolina's. Common sense has to rule over being po'd.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
I don't know about your alternative scenario. I'd take a mid 40 point player, a mid to high 1st (not lottery protected) and a decent to good prospect/roster player.

I wouldn't. There needs to be at least one high end asset coming back for me to trade Panarin.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I don't know about your alternative scenario. I'd take a mid 40 point player, a mid to high 1st (not lottery protected) and a decent to good prospect/roster player. Although I doubt Rangers do it Hayes + 1st + Namestikov probably works for me. If Hayes doesn't work trade him at the deadline.

That doesn't make the Jackets better. It makes them far worse this year and only infinitesimally better in future years than if they did nothing. Maybe the draft pick would turn into something. But Hayes and Namestnikov are not very good - they'd be battling for ice time with the abundance of middle-six types we already have, and probably provide next to no extra value per amount of ice time they get.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Source: Artemi Panarin would seriously consider returning to...

The Blackhawks may have made a mistake trading away Artem Panarin, but it’s one they could potentially rectify.

The Blackhawks would be “very seriously considered” by Panarin if he were to become an unrestricted free agent after next season, according to a source.

Panarin’s agent Dan Milstein wouldn’t comment on the possibility of Panarin returning to the Blackhawks or anything about Panarin’s future when reached on Friday.

The Blackhawks traded Panarin to the Columbus Blue Jackets as part of a package deal that brought Brandon Saad back to Chicago in June 2017.

Panarin, 26, has been unwilling to negotiate a new contract with the Blue Jackets. He also recently set a Sept. 13 deadline for a new deal to happen this season. The Athletic’s Aaron Portzline has been reporting on Panarin’s situation throughout the offseason.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
If he really would go back to Chicago (assuming he agrees to an extension) I'd try like heck to work out a trade. Personally I'd take Saad back although others here don't want him. Throw in a first and either deBrincat or Boqvist and I'd make the deal.

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
If he really would go back to Chicago (assuming he agrees to an extension) I'd try like heck to work out a trade. Personally I'd take Saad back although others here don't want him. Throw in a first and either deBrincat or Boqvist and I'd make the deal.

I know this might be a suicide mission but what about trading for Brent Seabrook?

He is still a second pairing dman who we could partner with Werenski because of his wheels whilst making Murray and Jones the top shutdown pair. Alternatively, Seabrook could be a solid regular partner for Murray.

Getting Chicago out of cap hell and giving them Panarin = very nice return...not to mention assets gained by trading another defenseman out.

Panarin + Kukan = DeBrincat + Seabrook + 1st

Of course, this could be a terrible idea in two years time if Seabrook declines further but Seattle and the expansion draft might be a way out if it comes to that.

cslebn

80 forever
Feb 15, 2012
I know this might be a suicide mission but what about trading for Brent Seabrook?

He is still a second pairing dman who we could partner with Werenski because of his wheels whilst making Murray and Jones the top shutdown pair. Alternatively, Seabrook could be a solid regular partner for Murray.

Getting Chicago out of cap hell and giving them Panarin = very nice return...not to mention assets gained by trading another defenseman out.

Of course, this could be a terrible idea in two years time if Seabrook declines further but Seattle and the expansion draft might be a way out if it comes to that.

Kukan doesn't need to be there and Chicago adds of Seabrook is there

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005

I really have no interest in bringing back Saad.

Reactions: MoeBartoli

grindline

Mar 29, 2013
England
Chicago adds A LOT if Seabrook is in the trade. Also, no way I would add Kukan. That trade isn't close to enough for Panarin.

Kukan could be replaced by Harrington.

I genuinely think Chicago will miss the playoffs even with Panarin because of how insane some of the strength in the Central division is. Any lottery pick is potentially a great asset worth having though I would be delighted if Jarmo acquires even more in return.

Nanabijou

Booooooooooone
Dec 22, 2009
Columbus, Ohio

Never mind if he declines, this is a terrible idea if he stays the same. He's signed for 6 (SIX!) more years at 6.8 million. And they get Panarin and the cap space to sign him? This is a big NO from me. Let Chicago figure out their own way to sign Panarin in a year.

Jackets16

Jan 7, 2005
Kukan could be replaced by Harrington.

I genuinely think Chicago will miss the playoffs even with Panarin because of how insane some of the strength in the Central division is. Any lottery pick is potentially a great asset worth having though I would be delighted if Jarmo acquires even more in return.

Agree to disagree. The trade isn't good for Columbus. We would be giving Chicago the best player in the trade while taking back a terrible contact. That is bad for Columbus.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Other than blah I don't think you'd find anyone here willing to take on Seabrook.

Unless it was some crazy ass deal like Saad+deBincat+Boqvist+1st+Anisimov and they take Dubi off our hands. That ain't happening so no to the idea of Jackets taking Seabrook.

Hello Johnny

Apr 13, 2007
Yeah we'd better be getting a hell of a lot more than DeBrincat and a 1st if we took Seabrook....

Reactions: cslebn

JacketFanInFL

Brick by Brick
Mar 27, 2006
Central FL
New rumor: he posted a picture of himself driving a construction tractor which means he’s going to “dig” in and demand a trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad