The OMENS --signs point to TURRIS

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
1. Last May (2006) I (hawksfan50) first saw Kyle Turris as a 16 yr old as Burnaby won the RBC Cup and I started posting in several forumns that I wanted to draft this kid for the B;ackhawks in 2007 ...(MY ORIGINAL "FROLOV"* hunch)

*back in 2000 I had this hunch that Frolov would be the best Russian on that draft--but no--the Hawks did not listen to me,and instead too the busts Yakoubov and Vorobiev.. I willnever forgive them that mistake,for it was like I hadthis psychic "hunch" about who was going to be the best NHL'er of this trio..

2. Taking my "Frolov" hunch further--I had expected the Blackhawks to be mid-pack this season--not counting onthe injuries that ruined their year,and back in September I expected TURRIS to be taken in the last third of round one at best--because he was amere BCHL'er--yet I hoped the Blackhawks would nab him "early" at mid round...

3. THEN --once Turris moved into tOP 5 consideration by mid-year,jumping to a potential #1 overall by seasdon's end (as per CSS #1 NA skater ranking),I stated
in this and other forumns that THE HOCKEY GODS WOULD NEVER LET US WIN THE LOTTO -so we had no chance at Turris once he looked top 4 and we finished with the 5th pre-lotto..BUT lo and behold --the hockey gods relented --and by this providence Turris was back in the picture for the Blackhawks
potential pick...

4. Jonathan Toews (who I also touted last year as my first choice for the Blackhawks to take) has chosen to wear #19 for the Blackhawks this season;

Kyle Turris wore #19 for Burnaby! Co-incidennce????

5. STEVE YZERMAN chose Toews to play for Team Canada at the WHC--they win Gold,Toews impreses everyone --including himself--and gains the confidence to turn pro this year;

Last night between period in the SENs-Duckks Game 2--Don Cherry asks several of the top draft-eligibles who their favourite NHL player is...TURRIS answers: STEVE YZERMAN!!! Co-incident linkage????

6. Thua all the OMENS and LINKAGES point to the JT-KT tandem as back-to-back draft first rounders 2006 and 2007 for the Blackhawks (also a good marketing slogan for the Hawks "T n T" ) ---but if you add the 3rd "linkage" you get:

JT-KT-DT !!!! (surely this is an OMEN from the hockey gods that signals IT WAS MEANT TO BE!)...

In short--all Tallon has to do is look at this sequence and the linkage coincidences and be convinced SOMEBODY is telling him the CORRECT thing TO DO:

TAKE TURRIS!! TAKE TURRIS! As with the russkie troika of 2000---hawksfan50's
great "hunch" bout who will turn out best FOR TE B:LACKHAWKS has been pre-approved by the hockey gods in deciding between KT PK and JVR..all signs point to Kyle Turris...

It surely is a sign that IF Tallon proceeds as directed -- the Hawks will be Cup Champs down the line with "TnT" ...make it so!!!!

Last edited:

Gardebut30

Jun 8, 2004
*back in 2000 I had this hunch that Frolov would be the best Russian on that draft--but no--the Hawks did not listen to me,and instead too the busts Yakoubov and Vorobiev.. I willnever forgive them that mistake,for it was like I hadthis psychic "hunch" about who was going to be the best NHL'er of this trio..

Shouldn't there come a time when you can stop patting yourself on the back for a few correct guesses and just let things go?

A-Fan

Mar 11, 2002
Visit site
1. Last May (2006) I (hawksfan50) first saw Kyle Turris as a 16 yr old as Burnaby won the RBC Cup and I started posting in several forumns that I wanted to draft this kid for the B;ackhawks in 2007 ...(MY ORIGINAL "FROLOV"* hunch)

TAKE TURRIS!! TAKE TURRIS! ...make it so!!!!

Boy are you gonna be mad when they announce "From the London Knights, the Blackhawks are proud to select RW Patrick Kane."

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
I like the Frolov hunch. Sounds like the Kings will end up with Turris :)

1. Kane - just because you don't want him
2. Philly - Riemer
3. Phoenix - Voracek
4. LA - Turris.

Odontya

May 24, 2006
What does Turris have over Kane?
Kane has been accepted as the most skilled offensive player in the draft. Turris is faster, he has the better shot but he isn't even close to as dynamic as Kane is. Turris is a Marleau at best. Kane has a lot more skill and puts the puck in the net. I'd say he's like a Semin and Datsyuk blend. Anyways, there's no reason to set up competition against Toews so early and no way will Turris be better than Toews. They need scoring wingers and reliable centers. Turris would be great but you have to take Kane over him. We'll get our other center in next years draft. In a weak draft like this it's just stupid to take a high risk so early. Even in the end, Kontiola does almost everything Turris does except he's slower.

Snowhawk

Dec 22, 2006
Ontario
Before reading all of that I was really hoping the Hawks would take Turris as well. Now.... the thought of his post at this time next year frightens me!

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
If I was picking for Chicago, I'd probably go with Turris. I believe Turris is the most skilled player in this draft, and, Chicago has the offensive depth to take a chance on him. I think he would pay big dividends for them, as well.

But, I'm guessing they go with Kane. The "too small for the bigs" knock is now gone, and, Chicago seems to be sold on this kid.

Westguy13

Apr 6, 2005
Not KC...

*** mate... just ***...

Anyway yeah so uhh Nostraworthless any other insights for us? Who's drafting Tavares next year? and will Chepranov come over in the next 2 years? Lastly... will Aki Berg ever make his triumphant return to the NHL to show that he truely is the greatest hockey player in the history of the world?... and lotto numbers can I get those to? Lastly, when will Wally112pac finally give up on his beloved Blackhawks and become a hermit?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad