OT: The Olympics

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Well he stuck all three landings, except only one of them were stuck on his feet.

That was insane

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
dag. The 2nd group of women skateboarders. The first introduced is a South African who was 36, the next was a Japanese girl who is 12. wow. I wonder how they determine age eligibility for different sports.

Chloe Kim was 13 and 'too young' even though she was an xgames medalist to go to the 2014 Winter Olympics for snowboarding.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
dag. The 2nd group of women skateboarders. The first introduced is a South African who was 36, the next was a Japanese girl who is 12. wow. I wonder how they determine age eligibility for different sports.

Chloe Kim was 13 and 'too young' even though she was an xgames medalist to go to the 2014 Winter Olympics for snowboarding.

What channel did you watch on? Didnt think it was televised until 9.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Simone coming to the beam now

"The epitome of what the next generation of role models should be" ~Nastia

LET'S GO SIMONE

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
BILES WITH THE BRONZE LET'S GOOOO

What a legendary medal

Bruh you know that was this morning right?

Still amazing though with the whole worlds eyes on her, half of which preferred to see her fail because they are worthless shitheads.

Last edited:
Reactions: Embiid

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Bruh you know that was this morning right?

Still amazing though with the whole world eyes on her, half of which preferred to see her fail because they are worthless shitheads.
I didn't see it and managed to not spoil it for myself. What do you want from me

But yes, you are right. "She quit on her country" is the worst type of bullshit from the worst type of people

Reactions: Rebels57

Cody Webster

Jul 18, 2014
Glad to see someone who proclaimed themselves as the GOAT be able to come out and get herself a bronze after taking a few days off. Good for her

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
They got diving on.

People theoretically fly all over the world just diving into pools in the US, China, England and shit. Just diving.

you can get a full ride through college for diving.

there’s nothing wrong with what they do but that just seems weird

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
They got diving on.

People theoretically fly all over the world just diving into pools in the US, China, England and shit. Just diving.

you can get a full ride through college for diving.

there’s nothing wrong with what they do but that just seems weird

When someone gonna pull off this dive tho?

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Glad to see someone who proclaimed themselves as the GOAT be able to come out and get herself a bronze after taking a few days off. Good for her
Did she proclaim herself the goat though?

By the way, she's still the goat. Also, more importantly, a human being with emotions and feelings and a traumatic past who owes you or anyone else nothing.

DancingPanther

Foundational Titan
Sponsor
Jun 19, 2018
Womens park skateboarding finals underway!
I was talking with my brother last night and it's interesting to think how the Tony Hawk video games which were HUGE back in the day actually may have had a detrimental effect on skating.

Their cartoonish and over the top "style" kind of undermines what is physically possible/realistic. The games ended up being more mainstream than actual skateboard competitions and in a way destroyed most people's perspective of the reality of skateboarding and renders everything lame.

It's almost like if people thought pro hockey wasn't what they thought it would be because they played NHL Hitz every day.

I was also blazed af talking about this but I really do think that.

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
I was talking with my brother last night and it's interesting to think how the Tony Hawk video games which were HUGE back in the day actually may have had a detrimental effect on skating.

Their cartoonish and over the top "style" kind of undermines what is physically possible/realistic. The games ended up being more mainstream than actual skateboard competitions and in a way destroyed most people's perspective of the reality of skateboarding and renders everything lame.

It's almost like if people thought pro hockey wasn't what they thought it would be because they played NHL Hitz every day.

I was also blazed af talking about this but I really do think that.

Interesting perspective that only a blazed person would think of
2IVtRjD.gif

Flybynite

Feb 25, 2018
Watched the skating qualifying and now its the finals and the three Japanese skaters and the British skater (who is actually half-Japanese) are like heads and shoulders above everyone else.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->