The Olympic refs are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Esko6

Sep 14, 2004
Finland
It seems that after every tournament and every game someone states that the referee was the worst ever. As a fair and balanced observer I can say that the referees have been exceptionally good.

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Corto said:
And there's an example why neutral fans will more often than not cheer for more humble teams, a la Finland, every time they play Canada.

Exactly.

I hate the arrogance some of our fans show, especially when they blame losses on factors like biased officiating, flukes, jetlag, stupid international rules, etc. Seems to be a common trend, and I wish some people would just acknowledge that Canada got beat fair and square, instead of thinking some sort of conspiracy was created.

A countless number of the greatest players in the world come from countries outside of Canada, so it isn't impossible for Canada to lose.

BCCHL inactive

g52 said:
the worst I have ever seen. Who picked these amateurs to referee the games? They call every single thing. Every team is diving like crazy and they are getting away with it by drawing the call.

This is what fans of the NHL have long asked for, and this season, they got it. I don't understand how what was asked for is now a problem.

Hockey_Nut99 said:
That's why you can never win a cup with a Euro leading your team

Shutup and go back to the 1950s, where this sick prejudice was actually accepted.

The officiating has been good at the Olympics. The only change that needs to be made, is to add the second referee. As good of a job as they're doing, the professional game needs two referees.

Ola

Apr 10, 2004
Sweden
No I agree with G52. I thought the same thing earlier.

The refs are really swollowing the dives allot so far. In the US game there where allot of hooks, but as soon as someone fell they called it, all the time. Swe-Rus, every dive was awarded. In that game there was a NHL ref and I was suprised about it.

It should be brought up because it will get ridiculous bad if dives are awarded in the gold medal round. Players will dive all the time.

BTW, reading through the posts in this thread seriously makes me wonder I spend time at this site... :shakehead

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Esko6 said:
It seems that after every tournament and every game someone states that the referee was the worst ever. As a fair and balanced observer I can say that the referees have been exceptionally good.

I think I have to agree with this. The Russian had a tough time in the Canada game the other day but I don't think he necessarily called a bad game.

Randall Graves*

g52 said:
the worst I have ever seen. Who picked these amateurs to referee the games? They call every single thing. Every team is diving like crazy and they are getting away with it by drawing the call.
Mike Modano has the dive of the Olympics so far! he should be in beijing in 08

Vladiator

Jan 2, 2005
New Zealand
Hockey_Nut99 said:
Nobody gives a sh** about these tune up games except a few teams. canada will step it up when it counts.

I think it's sad how you see some of these European guys play like they have a fire under their a**, yet you barely see them hit and play like this in the NHL.

That's why you can never win a cup with a Euro leading your team

You mean euros like Forsberg, Fedorov, Khabibulin, Jagr?

Blades of Glory

Troll Captain
Feb 12, 2006
California
g52 said:

You are going to get flamed. However, you are partly right. It is obvious that the refs won't call a penalty UNLESS a player falls to the ice, and people are falling all over the place because of it. Nothng pisses me off more than looking at the referee, and seeing him put his arm in the air AFTER a guy hits the ice. If you call the penalty, it should be on the initial contact, not because he hits the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->