The Olympic refs are...

Status
Not open for further replies.

g52*

the worst I have ever seen. Who picked these amateurs to referee the games? They call every single thing. Every team is diving like crazy and they are getting away with it by drawing the call.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
g52 said:
the worst I have ever seen. Who picked these amateurs to referee the games? They call every single thing. Every team is diving like crazy and they are getting away with it by drawing the call.

International rules, international refs. It sucks, I don't think it's the way hockey should be played (ie. rewarding diving) but that's the way it goes over there.

There's three NHL refs over there too, but I have yet to see them.

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
trippyime said:
International rules, international refs. It sucks, I don't think it's the way hockey should be played (ie. rewarding diving) but that's the way it goes over there.

Well, I've seen quite a few diving penalties so far this tournament.

g52*

Juni said:
must be the "we're losing, look for someone to blame" thing

No it isnt. I know Team USA sucks. But I watch all these games everyday and everyone is diving. Modano/Blake and Zetterburg are the worst offenders.

Panopticon

Apr 20, 2004
Helsinki
trippyime said:

Well, Kovalchuk got a penalty today for diving, so I'm pretty sure they call those too if they'd just see them.

Ovechkin_mvp

Feb 6, 2006
g52 said:

bla bla bla

stop crying already

Dec 29, 2004
None of them are nearly as bad as Chris Lee and some of the other NHL refs. I think they are doing an outstanding job, especially considering the 1 ref system. I am becoming convinced that the NHL needs to fire half their refs.

Hockey_Nut99

Nobody gives a sh** about these tune up games except a few teams. canada will step it up when it counts.

I think it's sad how you see some of these European guys play like they have a fire under their a**, yet you barely see them hit and play like this in the NHL.

That's why you can never win a cup with a Euro leading your team

Makarov

Jun 10, 2002
Montreal, QC
Visit site
trippyime said:

HECK NO...

They fell for that pathetic farce we were seeing in the NHL for 3 months early this season where it was NOTHING but a specialty teams game...

Its took the NHL months to get things slightly right, these guys only have 2 weeks...

Vikke

ViktorAllvin twitter
Feb 22, 2004
Västervik, Sweden
twitter.com
Hockey_Nut99 said:
Nobody gives a sh** about these tune up games except a few teams. canada will step it up when it counts.

I think it's sad how you see some of these European guys play like they have a fire under their a**, yet you barely see them hit and play like this in the NHL.

Way to generalize!

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Ovechkin_mvp said:
bla bla bla

stop crying already

How come talking about officiating is crying to you?

What is it with the ignorance of some posters, if the topic doesn't appeal to them, it must be stupid or crying! Don't read it, don't post.

I enjoy talking about officiating. It's essential to the game and can make for good debates.

Makarov

Jun 10, 2002
Montreal, QC
Visit site
#37 said:
I am becoming convinced that the NHL needs to fire half their refs.

You're absolutely right, infact I think they're working on demotions to the AHL after some of the pathetic refereeing we have seen in the NHL this season...

Tricolore#20

PK PK PK
Jul 24, 2003
Toronto
Visit site
Hockey_Nut99 said:

The problem is that Canada hasn't been improving since the beginning of the tournament. If you are tuning up, you should be improving gradually, getting better and better for the big games. That isn't happening here, and that's why people care.

Dig Out Your Soul

Ex Storm...
Aug 8, 2005
Makarov said:
HECK NO...

They fell for that pathetic farce we were seeing in the NHL for 3 months early this season where it was NOTHING but a specialty teams game...

Its took the NHL months to get things slightly right, these guys only have 2 weeks...

I don't think they're getting it right at all. Some of these games HAVE been all special teams, and then you get Finland vs. Canada where Canada had half a powerplay all game until late in the third when the ref called two TERRIBLE penalties against Finland just to make it look even.

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
The guy officiating the Finland-Canada game was much better than Marouelli and Van Massenhoven have been.

Those two make me wish Kerry Fraser was there. :shakehead

Corto

Faceless Man
Sep 28, 2005
Braavos
Hockey_Nut99 said:

And there's an example why neutral fans will more often than not cheer for more humble teams, a la Finland, every time they play Canada.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad