Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
Last 5 games of the season:

LA (A)
Calgary (H)
LA (H)
S.J. (H)
Van (A)

Now logic dictates that we lose these games but I have a feeling we are going to ruin at least one teams party by beating them in one or more of these last 5 games. Getting a couple of players back, PP is working, goalie possibly steals one. Some team will be lamenting a late season loss to the Oilers.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
I suspect they lose all those games. The defensive capability of the team has gone completely in the tank over the last couple of weeks, putting in some laughable efforts against eastern conference teams.

Calgary has the Oiler's number, LA outright toyed with the Oilers when they played two weeks ago, and betting on the Oilers beating Vancouver in their own city tends to be a poor bet(especially considering Van has owned the oilers this year).

SJ is probably the most vulnerable having lost a bunch of games to cellar teams this year(a status which they nearly share now), but a veteran western conference team that the Oilers match up poorly against that is on the ropes going into the end of the season? The team might end up needing another 60 save performance out of Scrivens to get a shot at winning that game.

AJGass4

Aug 19, 2011
If we beat Calgary, it would turn a horrific season into one feel good moment for me.

Could care less if we win any of the other games.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
We are getting way more shots and scoring way more goals under Nelson. Giving up more for sure but the team has a shot showing the offensive side, much like with Kruger. Have some offense? You have a shot. The Eakins debacle of no offense at all means you have no shot.

Crobby

Sep 14, 2009
We are getting way more shots and scoring way more goals under Nelson. Giving up more for sure but the team has a shot showing the offensive side, much like with Kruger. Have some offense? You have a shot. The Eakins debacle of no offense at all means you have no shot.

..and its way more entertaining. The year is a write-off so if we're going to lose at least make it 5-4 and not a 1-0 snoozefest

#OilerPositives

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
If we beat Calgary, it would turn a horrific season into one feel good moment for me.

Could care less if we win any of the other games.

Beating Calgary is the only one that interests me.

Indeed. In fact I hope we lose both LA games just to make Calgary's position more difficult.

i feel exactly the same then LA plays vancouver in the playoffs and gets rid of them in 4 then all is right again

dem

Mar 17, 2002
I'm starting to lose faith that the Flames will miss the playoffs :cry:

OiledUp

Sep 17, 2011
We'll lead 4-0 going into the third against Calgary and lose 6-4.

The win will ofc be crucial to Calgary making the playoffs for their cinderella run being down 3-0 in all series eventually winning the Stanley Cup in the fourth OT period after losing 1-5 after two periods in game seven of the Stanley Cup final. Obviously outshot by a 2:1 margin.

Book it, as is the popular saying.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
We'll lead 4-0 going into the third against Calgary and lose 6-4.

The win will ofc be crucial to Calgary making the playoffs for their cinderella run being down 3-0 in all series eventually winning the Stanley Cup in the fourth OT period after losing 1-5 after two periods in game seven of the Stanley Cup final. Obviously outshot by a 2:1 margin.

Book it, as is the popular saying.

Pretty much this. I could see Calgary making it to the Stanley Cup final
They just keep finding ways to win which is mind boggling considering Gio is out

Replacement*

Checked out
Apr 15, 2005
Hiking
LA players serving notice that they are primed and fine with being spoiled. Could see them losing to Edmonton. lol couple games ago Muzzin scored the winning goal in his own net. Inadvertent, yes, but this is an LA team that seems prone to disaster right now. They just don't believe this season and not much passion left.

Exhausted team needs some rest. Even last night barely getting through Yotes with a rook scoring the only goal.

Kings are virtually staggering. Wouldn't surprise me to see them lose multiple games in a row again.

Gunnersaurus Rex

Jan 14, 2008
They'll be spoilers alright. Draft spoilers.

The Oilers will beat Vancouver in the last game to move ahead of the Maple Leafs in the standings and finish 27th. The third worst team will win the draft lottery and Connor McDavid will become a Leaf.

FiveFourteenSixOne

5-14-6-1
Sponsor
Jan 28, 2006
Edmonton

The Oilers will beat Vancouver in the last game to move ahead of the Maple Leafs in the standings and finish 27th. The third worst team will win the draft lottery and Connor McDavid will become a Leaf.

if McDavid becomes a Leaf, I'm going to vomit into a plastic bag and then drown myself in it.

Beerfish

Apr 14, 2007
I would have no big problem with McDavid being a Leaf. There are many other teams out there I would be more choked about.

New Jersey is the #1 team on my list to not get McDavid.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

There's pretty much zero chance of us passing the Leafs - they're still a full 10 points ahead of us, and would likely have the tie breaker. We'll either finish 29th or 28th - I'm guessing 28th.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I would have no big problem with McDavid being a Leaf. There are many other teams out there I would be more choked about.

New Jersey is the #1 team on my list to not get McDavid.

Gross, the media outburst for McDavid in Leafland would make any and all coverage unbearable.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'm starting to lose faith that the Flames will miss the playoffs :cry:

They're still playing way over their heads sustained by unsustainable PDO and 3rd period comebacks.

I would hate if they made the playoffs, but even if they do it's just for the privilege of getting swept by one of the big dogs.

They're this year's Colorado from last year.

Tyrolean

Feb 1, 2004
They're still playing way over their heads sustained by unsustainable PDO and 3rd period comebacks.

I would hate if they made the playoffs, but even if they do it's just for the privilege of getting swept by one of the big dogs.

They're this year's Colorado from last year.

I'd rather they make the playoffs and get swept than have a chance at the lottery.

Summary

Oct 13, 2009
I'd rather they make the playoffs and get swept than have a chance at the lottery.

After all the suck we've been rewarded for, don't even care if they did win the lottery. My absolute favorite for it would be Ottawa though, as long as the odds are.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad