The OHL Collective

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
Oh Right.

My wife got transferred for her job to Owen Sound.

Hard to do a podcast when your 1.5 hours away from a Jr B team.

Wasn't able to do games mainly because they where so far away plus Owen Sound is snow covered practically the whole season.

That had some serious potential and wish it could have continued.

With my Wife and I preparing a move back to my home town of Chatham, we may do it again but a different format. Who knows at this point though.

if youve gone 0/3 why try to go 0/4?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
C'mon man... doesn't hurt to try. Dude obviously has a passion for it.

Imagine if the inventor of 7up gave up after 6 tries?

fair enough, just didn’t like that he was blaming others. if you’ve done something 3 times and it’s failed every time, usually it’s not on everyone else.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
fair enough, just didn’t like that he was blaming others. if you’ve done something 3 times and it’s failed every time, usually it’s not on everyone else.

I never once blamed others.

Never even implied it.

My exact words where I can't speak on behalf of anyone else and even gave a reason as to why my own content is low.

Please don't put words in my mouth here.

Reactions: Finster8

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario

Also to suggest that I have failed 3 times is BS

OTSN was shut down by myself because I went into a depression after being told to kill myself, and being cyber bullied by someone who was emailing me racial slurs, who messaged my wife and told her to kill herself, how is that me failing? You have no idea the amount of pain I went through mentally. I stopped writing for almost 2 years because of it.

The OHL Collective currently gets over 500 hits a day on our slowest of days and currently this thread has over 16,000 hits, twitter is widely followed, we launched last July, how is that a failure?

I started a podcast while living in a Junior B city and moved far away from any junior b team, how is one supposed to keep up with a JUNIOR B podcast when they are no longer in the loop? How is that a failure?

[mod]

Last edited by a moderator:

jimbarrou

May 17, 2016
London
Also to suggest that I have failed 3 times is BS

OTSN was shut down by myself because I went into a depression after being told to kill myself, and being cyber bullied by someone who was emailing me racial slurs, who messaged my wife and told her to kill herself, how is that me failing? You have no idea the amount of pain I went through mentally. I stopped writing for almost 2 years because of it.

The OHL Collective currently gets over 500 hits a day on our slowest of days and currently this thread has over 16,000 hits, twitter is widely followed, we launched last July, how is that a failure?

I started a podcast while living in a Junior B city and moved far away from any junior b team, how is one supposed to keep up with a JUNIOR B podcast when they are no longer in the loop? How is that a failure?

[mod]

[mod]

I follow the ohl collective on twitter and enjoy your insight and articles. You're doing a great job!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: battfan888

NA Hockey

Nov 16, 2015
I think the content on the OHL Collective has been fantastic by all contributors. I just wish there was more content. Keep up the great work and hopefully you guys keep this project going.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I never once blamed others.

Never even implied it.

My exact words where I can't speak on behalf of anyone else and even gave a reason as to why my own content is low.

Please don't put words in my mouth here.

if not then my apologies, perhaps i was going mostly by what others said about the podcast on western jr b

And this folks is why we can never have good things in life. There's always that one person who's negative and ruins it for everyone.

sebastian is the first guy to jump up and criticize ohl players and personal, which i dont have an issue with. i do the same on the windsor board and get much worse back. in my mind if your the first guy to jump up and offer critizism, you should be ok with getting it back, especially considering its 1/10 of what you give out.

i give, i get, i understand thats all part of the process on here and in sports, i get it worse then what was said here by hl11, and at no point do i attack to the point that a mod needs to step in and edit the post because what was said was offside.

Buttsy

Jul 28, 2015
London
I think the content on the OHL Collective has been fantastic by all contributors. I just wish there was more content. Keep up the great work and hopefully you guys keep this project going.

Agreed, be it right or wrong I enjoy reading others views. I like the fact a few folks with amateur writing skills have an opportunity to fulfill an interest. Regardless Thanks for the reading opportunities and hopefully you can find a few others to contribute.

Fastpace I can’t believe you have not taken up the challenge! No disrespect but you always have something to add and you have thick skin when it comes to the naysayers!

Lol keep up the articles I enjoy reading them.

Reactions: SebJHockey

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Greyhounds Report: Western Swing - The OHL Collective - Peter F

http://theohlcollective.com/ohls-3-ups-and-3-downs-week-of-feb-18th/- Anthony C

2019 Not Kind To North Bay Post Trade Deadline - The OHL Collective - John H

Windsor Spitfires Winning Streak Snapped In Tight Game With Greyhounds - The OHL Collective - John M

Just to fill everyone in on what is going on over at the collective,

- We are currently wrapping up our busiest month traffic wise.

- We have added a social media team who is now handling the IG and Twitter and have done an awesome job getting people engaged.

- We have added 2 new people to help out as managing editors.

- We have added a Merch store which has been quite successful! We have about $150 going to the London Children's hospital from one of our shirts we are selling. (All proceeds go to charity)

- We've got some exciting things coming up including giveaways, and much more.

Finster8

aka-Ant Hill Harry
Jan 18, 2015
Grimsby
Good to see your busy and enjoy reading the articles. The season is just starting to heat up and creating some rivals makes good hockey. It will be an interesting finish. Keep up the good work.
Love the charity money going to such a great spot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->