The OHL Collective

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
Seb - with all due respect your Power Rankings make no sense to me. I agree Power Rankings should not be based on standings alone. But they should be based on what team is the best in the league at any given time. I can't for the life of me fathom how you think Ottawa or Niagara would not be in the top 10 or how Peterborough is the best team in the league. I know it's based on opinion but there needs to be some logic. There definitely could be arguments made for London, Ottawa, or Niagara being the top ranked team. I think by doing the rankings the way you have chosen, you don't leave much room for discussion as most (me anyway) can't make sense of it.

Just my opinion.

Reactions: Otto

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
Seb - with all due respect your Power Rankings make no sense to me. I agree Power Rankings should not be based on standings alone. But they should be based on what team is the best in the league at any given time. I can't for the life of me fathom how you think Ottawa or Niagara would not be in the top 10 or how Peterborough is the best team in the league. I know it's based on opinion but there needs to be some logic. There definitely could be arguments made for London, Ottawa, or Niagara being the top ranked team. I think by doing the rankings the way you have chosen, you don't leave much room for discussion as most (me anyway) can't make sense of it.

Just my opinion.

They aren't mine.

Also, I am fairly certain they are based on how a team does per week. Overall record, standings has no bearing.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
They aren't mine.

Also, I am fairly certain they are based on how a team does per week. Overall record, standings has no bearing.
Sorry about that . My bad. In any case that's how I feel. Standings don't need to be the sole factor. But if you can put me in touch with whoever does the rankings I will take both Niagara and Ottawa over North Bay.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history

Just my opinion.
Reading this it completely turns me off of ever checking this out

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
No... because they don't make sense

They are weekly rankings based on how a team does over the course of 1 week. (Monday To Sunday)

How does that not make sense?

We chose not to do it the way the CHL does it because the way the do theirs is flawed.

We take what teams do over the course of a week and rank them based off of that.....

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
i didnt think this site was alive anymore, content has fallen off a cliff.

Ill be honest,

I am almost ready to pull the plug on it at this point.

But ill at least finish the season out. Even with the 2-3 posts we make a week, it is what it is for now.

Hopefully it changes.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
I've got some posts in the works, however with a sick mother, a baby, a nagging wife, and work its going to be hard for me to put out more then say 1 a week.

I can't speak for the others on the site at this point.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
As for the weekly power rankings, if anyone has any issues with it, take it up with the poster. You can leave comments and suggestions on the article. He doesn't come on here at all.

He's a nice reasonable guy, he will take any advice or feedback

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
I can't speak for the others on the site at this point.

Ill be honest,

I am almost ready to pull the plug on it at this point.

But ill at least finish the season out. Even with the 2-3 posts we make a week, it is what it is for now.

Hopefully it changes.

isnt this like the third or fourth media thing you have done that has fallen off? not trying to be mean at all but at some point after try 3/4 its not just everyone elses fault?

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
isnt this like the third or fourth media thing you have done that has fallen off? not trying to be mean at all but at some point after try 3/4 its not just everyone elses fault?

It's the 2nd. I stopped doing the 1st one after I was attacked racially on various articles by the same online trolls.

When I said I was going to pull the plug on this site its because the 2 people I went in on this site with have school commitments and its not fair to expect them to help. I'm not passing blame on anyone I just can't speak on their behalf, not sure where you catch me blaming anyone?

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
It's the 2nd. I stopped doing the 1st one after I was attacked racially on various articles by the same online trolls.

3rd one wasnt a blog, the podcast that died half way through the year? only reason i remember it was because on the jr b forum (i go to alot of viper games) there was some vocal talk about it and why it didnt continue.

OHLFan90

Dec 24, 2013
Ontario
3rd one wasnt a blog, the podcast that died half way through the year? only reason i remember it was because on the jr b forum (i go to alot of viper games) there was some vocal talk about it and why it didnt continue.

Oh Right.

My wife got transferred for her job to Owen Sound.

Hard to do a podcast when your 1.5 hours away from a Jr B team.

Wasn't able to do games mainly because they where so far away plus Owen Sound is snow covered practically the whole season.

That had some serious potential and wish it could have continued.

With my Wife and I preparing a move back to my home town of Chatham, we may do it again but a different format. Who knows at this point though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->