The Offseason Thread II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
No need for that petty BS. Jarmo should have kept that to himself.

Yep. And this is what I mean, in relation to the “loyalty” charade.

“Jones and his agent are scumbags for not letting us trade him to Buffalo, since that was the best option for us.”

“Bye Cam. Enjoy Philly.”

Long Live Lyle

Feb 10, 2019
Chicago, IL
He was PLD's agent too so F him with a piece of rusty rebar.

Also remember he was Zach Werenski's agent until Werenski replaced him last year.

Not sure how either case is the agent’s fault. Seth tells him where he wants to extend. Which is his right as a UFA.

PLD? Sure, that was a bit of a tool move on his end, but also not sure how that’s the agent’s fault.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Not sure how either case is the agent’s fault. Seth tells him where he wants to extend. Which is his right as a UFA.

PLD? Sure, that was a bit of a tool move on his end, but also not sure how that’s the agent’s fault.
I firmly believe that Brisson is the one who leaked wanting out to Pierre LeBrun to start that mess for his client's benefit. I think he also played a hand on the Jones side as well with leaking that news. I'd be willing to bet that Brisson might have been leaning in Jones ear to tell him to get out after the ugliness of PLD.

I have no idea why but I'd be curious to know why Zach decided to change agents after the PLD debacle and before the Jones trade.

Columbus Jack

He's from Columbus
Nov 25, 2009
PA
I think we won`t see Brisson`s players very long time here... :sarcasm:

This is what Seth wanted, his agent just does what he wants him to do. You can't hate Seth, he's earned it but Jarmo is calling a spade a spade. Seth wants what he wanted, at the end of the day there's seldom loyalty to teams who don't win consistently. And as far as Jarmo talking about building a SC winner, he's 100% in the right to say what he said. That core wasn't winning a Stanley Cup (especially after Bread left) and the quicker you move on the quicker you have a chance at winning one.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Werenski posted a story on his Instagram welcoming in Kent Johnson with a “welcome to columbus bro” caption. Doesn’t mean anything since Johnson obviously plays at his alma mater, but maybe it shows he’s committed to being a part of the turn around.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Werenski posted a story on his Instagram welcoming in Kent Johnson with a “welcome to columbus bro” caption. Doesn’t mean anything since Johnson obviously plays at his alma mater, but maybe it shows he’s committed to being a part of the turn around.
I think there are things that could be construed either way but I also think he is young enough that he could feel like he's not wasting his prime years. Maybe the fact he switched away from Brisson as his agent plays a part. Maybe he has had a conversation with JD and Jarmo and the reaffirmed to him that moving Seth meant they want him to be the cornerstone of the future. I don't know or recall if he was a very vocal Torts supporter like some other players. He may be more welcoming of the new direction.

Or we could be totally wrong.

Youngguns80

A worthy goal is easy to defend
Sponsor
Jan 24, 2021
Ohio
Wonder if Dominik Kahun would be of interest to the Jackets? Middle 6 center. Probably a 3/4C on a good team though.

I think Roslovic will be a good 2C but probably a stretch at 1C. Texier & Boone have the 3c & 4C covered.

I don’t think we need a 3C/4C but I could be wrong

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
I think there are things that could be construed either way but I also think he is young enough that he could feel like he's not wasting his prime years. Maybe the fact he switched away from Brisson as his agent plays a part. Maybe he has had a conversation with JD and Jarmo and the reaffirmed to him that moving Seth meant they want him to be the cornerstone of the future. I don't know or recall if he was a very vocal Torts supporter like some other players. He may be more welcoming of the new direction.

Or we could be totally wrong.

He was pretty vocal about his support in Torts, iirc

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Maybe, but if there is a defenseman in the league that could benefit from being more open offensively, it is him.

Agreed, also a reason why I'm not dragging Seth Jones like a lot of others on HF. I think he's going to do great there. Although I hope he doesn't

Reactions: Viqsi

VT

Jan 24, 2021
Slovakia
IMHO one of the main reasons for Seth's leaving may can be the lack of a winning culture at CBJ. Look, Tampa's players don't want to win, they know they're going to win, and that's why they're the best. It's not just about the quality of the players. It's the same with other teams, to varying degrees, some that they know that they will play in the PO, others that they will win (even though they have problems with that, maybe Toronto :sarcasm:). Our goal for the season is to play in the PO and IF we play there, we will play our best. Torts was trying to eliminate this problem. But the old core couldn't do it. At least Foligno-Atkinson-Savard were the main guys in the locker room, they always got a lot of time on the ice. Where it led, we all see. We need a new, winning core, players who know we're going to win. I think that's what Jarmo and Brad Larsen were talking about and why John Davidson has come.

Yes, Chicago isn`t a contender now but it has a winning culture, still some their players won SC.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
IMHO one of the main reasons for Seth's leaving may can be the lack of a winning culture at CBJ. Look, Tampa's players don't want to win, they know they're going to win, and that's why they're the best. It's not just about the quality of the players. It's the same with other teams, to varying degrees, some that they know that they will play in the PO, others that they will win (even though they have problems with that, maybe Toronto :sarcasm:). Our goal for the season is to play in the PO and IF we play there, we will play our best. Torts was trying to eliminate this problem. But the old core couldn't do it. At least Foligno-Atkinson-Savard were the main guys in the locker room, they always got a lot of time on the ice. Where it led, we all see. We need a new, winning core, players who know we're going to win. I think that's what Jarmo and Brad Larsen were talking about and why John Davidson has come.

Yes, Chicago isn`t a contender now but it has a winning culture, still some their players won SC.
And therein lies the problem. Seth Jones was one of the leaders, he wore a letter. If he's leaving because of a lack of winning culture he was part of the problem.

I agree that the leadership core needs to change and that's why I'm completely cool with Atkinson being traded. That old core were also Torts biggest supporters.

Kevo22363

Sep 28, 2017
Hilliard, OH
And therein lies the problem. Seth Jones was one of the leaders, he wore a letter. If he's leaving because of a lack of winning culture he was part of the problem.

I agree that the leadership core needs to change and that's why I'm completely cool with Atkinson being traded. That old core were also Torts biggest supporters.

I agree. Really, maybe you make a clean break from the leadership group. That would mean Boone too and maybe Zach. I still wish we knew what took place at the “emotional” dinner meeting at Jarmo’s house when the season ended. Perhaps that’s where everyone’s intentions became known. I will say that so far, JD/Jarmo have handled things pretty well.

Fred Glover

Chief of Sinners
Nov 17, 2007
Ohio

Chicago has a culture all right

Reactions: thebus88

Byrral

Aug 2, 2006
Columbus, Ohio
Been busy this weekend but not out of touch.

Props to Jarmo who again turned a "handcuffed" situation into gold. Who knows where any of this leads but our team is headed in a new direction and I'm glad for the change. I see and infusion of skill in the system now and can't wait to see it develop. Our prospect pool made a significant improvement over the weekend.

Sorry to see Cam go (love to see Jake back). Is Jarmo being "hardass" as most have painted him to be really a bad thing? Is he the reason all these stars are leaving? He's offered to pay some of these guys the most money they were ever offered but they still chose to leave.

Need to find the solution with the goalies.

Is Zach part of the future or is he part of wave that plans to leave as well (not worried about the return with Jarmo making the moves).

What Patrik are we going to see now and down the road and does he fit on the team.

Jenners the only leadership guy left from the past. Is he future trade deadline bait as well? I don't see a captain being named this season.

The Metro is hard so they will probably be in the bottom of the standings. But the rebuild is on the way and I'm really excited about how quickly the shelves got filled and the potential going forward.

On paper they are worse on the ice right now but as an orginization I like the turnaround to a quick rebuild mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad