OT: The offseason is boring now, how about sports cards/memorobilia?

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I'm bored with this offseason. There have been different mentions of sports cards/collectibles in different threads. I figure why not start a thread that encompasses it all in one. Anyway, I just bought the baseball card I always wanted when I was younger but could never find.

m_6oDPoWqWDLakkodTAshdg.jpg

EDIT: If there is already a thread about this, I apologize.

Shadeslayer813

Jul 12, 2009
Fort Drum
Luca Sbisa PC Thus far,

07-08
------
07bap.jpg

08-09
------

Series 1
series108.jpg

Series 2
series208.jpg

MVP
mvp.jpg

Ultra
ULTRA.jpg

Ultimate
Ultimate.jpg

Ice
ice.jpg

BAP
bap08.jpg

OPC
opc08.jpg

Champs
champs.jpg

Artifacts
artifacts.jpg

Collectors Choice
Ultimate.jpg

SPA
spa.jpg

SPGU
spgu08.jpg

SPX
spx08-1.jpg

Black Diamond
BD08.jpg

OPC Premier
opcpremier08.jpg

Rookie Class
rookieclass.jpg

Powerplay
powerplay.jpg

Trilogy
trilogy.jpg

Black
black-1.jpg

The Cup
cup08.jpg

09-10
------
OPC
opc09.jpg

Shadeslayer813

Jul 12, 2009
Fort Drum
Heroes And Prospects
itg09.jpg

Series 2
09series2word.jpg

OPC Update
opcupdate.jpg

BAP
09bap.jpg

ITG Update
itg10.jpg

Team Issue
teamissue.jpg

10-11
------
Panini Score
10score.jpg

Panini Adrenalyn
panini.jpg

OPC
10opc.jpg

Dunross
dunross.jpg

11-12
------

OPC
11opc.jpg

Score
11score.jpg

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
That's a lot of Sbisa.

That's how I am with Frank Thomas. Dude is my favorite player of all time in any sport. I wouldn't even be able to list all the Frank Thomas cards I have. Ironically (or maybe not), I don't have any of his autographs on balls, bats, jerseys, etc. Just a card collection. I really should invest in some of that stuff before he goes to the HOF next year.

I have a couple cool things I recently got framed that I will post pictures of later when I get home from work.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I never really got into cards...

However, I have managed to get some pucks, pics, jerseys signed at the Flyers carnival. Also a couple of game used sticks autographed. Met 10 Flyers for autographs) so far - not bad for 2 carnivals (met Simmonds 2x).

Sometimes the frames are more than the stuff you are putting in them. The jersey frames I like to use are like $200 each.

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
I never really got into cards...

However, I have managed to get some pucks, pics, jerseys signed at the Flyers carnival. Also a couple of game used sticks autographed. Met 10 Flyers for autographs) so far - not bad for 2 carnivals (met Simmonds 2x).

Sometimes the frames are more than the stuff you are putting in them. The jersey frames I like to use are like $200 each.

Yeah, that's true. I won a Giroux signed jersey from CSNPhilly a couple years back in the March Madness tournament and haven't gotten signed becuase I refuse to pay that much. I used to live in Harrisburg and there was a shop that framed stuff for dirt cheap, but where I live now it is like $400 to frame a jersey. Screw that. So now it just hangs in my guest room on a hanger.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Here's my list of memorabilia covering all sports. I didn't want to blow up the thread with pictures but if anyone wants to see any I will post them.

Game Worn Jerseys:

Brayden Schenn 2nd Period 2012 WC (First NHL Goal)
Luke Schenn 2013 White Set One (Photomatched)
Claude Giroux 2011-2012 White Set One (Photomatched)
Brayden Schenn 2011-12 Phantoms Black
Sean Couturier 2012-13 Phantoms Black
Simon Gagne 2013 Stanley Cup Banner Night (Photomatched)
Paul Stastny/Peter Forsberg Retirement Night Warm-Up Jersey (Signed by Both)
Eric Lindros 1996-1997 Orange
John LeClair 1998 All Star Game

Game Issued Jerseys:

Simon Gagne 2013 Purple Kings
Cole Hamels 2009 World Series (May be Game-Worn)

Team-Issued Jerseys Later Customized:

Claude Giroux Orange
Wayne Simmonds Orange
Brayden Schenn Orange
Vinny Lecavalier Orange
Luke Schenn White
Shea Weber Gold (Signed)
John Tavares Blue

Game-Used Equipment:

Matt Read 2012 Winter Classic Bauer Custom Bauer Stick (Photomatched-Signed)
Wayne Simmonds 2012 Winter Classic Gloves
Simon Gagne Stick
Paul Stastny Stick (Signed)
Oliver Ekman-Larsson Rookie Year Stick (Signed)
Kimmo Timonen Stick
Sean Couturier Rookie Year Stick
Sean Couturier Pants (Photomatched to NHL Debut and First NHL Goal)
Brayden Schenn Skates (Photomatched to Winter Classic)
Danny Briere Skates
Chris Pronger Skates
Peter Forsberg Game-Issued Gloves
James van Riemsdyk 2011-12 White Helmet
Oskars Bartulis White 2009-10 White Helmet (Winter Classic Sticker inside)
Part of Phillies Bench from 2007-2010 (I believe those are the years)
Cole Hamels Game Used Bat
Chase Utley Game Used Bat
Domonic Brown Game Used Bat
Hunter Pence Spray Painted Cleats
Ball Used During Halladay's Perfect Game in Florida (Caught by little brother at game)

Nameplates:
Brayden Schenn 2012 Winter Classic (Signed)
Mike Richards 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Media Day (Signed)
Brad Lidge 2008 Opening Day
Charlie Manuel 2008 Opening Day
Cole Hamels 2012
Roy Halladay 2013 Opening Day

Autographs:
2012 Winter Classic Megaticket (Signed by everyone but Timonen, van Riemsdyk, Zolniercyck, Bourdon, Meszaros, and Bobrovsky)
2008 World Series Ball Signed by Hamels, Utley, Howard, and Rollins
2012 Winter Classic Puck Signed by Schenn (Inscribed with First NHL Goal)
Official Flyers Puck Signed by Jagr
Official Flyers Puck Signed by Briere
Official Flyers Puck Signed by Giroux
Three Pictures from 2012 Winter Classic Signed by Schenn
Patrick Roy Signed Photo
Peter Forsberg Signed Stick
Ron Hextall Signed Stick
Cole Hamels Signed World Series Photo (Inscribed with WS MVP)
Matt Stairs Signed 2008 World Series Ball

Yeah, that's true. I won a Giroux signed jersey from CSNPhilly a couple years back in the March Madness tournament and haven't gotten signed becuase I refuse to pay that much. I used to live in Harrisburg and there was a shop that framed stuff for dirt cheap, but where I live now it is like $400 to frame a jersey. Screw that. So now it just hangs in my guest room on a hanger.

I know I said I wasn't going to post pictures in the thread but I figured i'd give this suggestion to you. I've posted about it a few times on the boards. Here is how I display my jerseys. The display case itself I buy at AC Moore. I believe the starting price is $129.99 but it is ALWAYS on sale, normally around 35-50% off so you can get them for as low as $65. All I do is put a thumbtack in the board behind it and put a hanger upside down in the jersey and hang it on the thumbtack.

Screenshot2012-09-12at84943PM.png

280423EA-89D9-4501-851A-94D10EBC7C59-1273-00000104EB5B3A56_zps7b8a4f84.jpg

FF0D6107-50D5-4710-817C-CB6F98EBAE1A-2118-0000017F23D8FEF9_zps8a4d8452.jpg

Even if you don't want to buy a display case you can display them like this. All I do is put the thumbtack in the wall and just like in the case put a hangar upside down in the jersey and hang it on that.

5D7CF57F-6361-4E48-839F-356C866D8787-742-000000CEA4B4CBB9_zpsc8583368.jpg

daynus

Nov 25, 2002
Good Ole Saskatchewan
Visit site
wow that are some great collections

you guys have. ill just do a quick list of some of my cooler items, gretzky rookie card opc,2 ray borque rookie cards, a color personalized autograph from terry crisp, taken at the spectrum, holding the stanley cup 74. a red authentic autographed joe sakic 2002 olympic jersey, a white authentic team canada 2002 jersey with iggy,simon gagne and 10 other autographs, a personalized glenn hall black and white photo, lindros,borque and gordie howe autographed 8.5 x 11 color photos.

OriginJM

matt stromes skating coach
Feb 4, 2010
pelle lindbergh card with game used pad insert is probably my best

nsGK1la.jpg

with signed datsyuk stick coming in 2nd

GSjKWi1.jpg

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I don't have near.ly as much stuff as Hollywood - wow. That is awesome.

I like this frame:
http://www.thatsmyticket.com/hl-340-w-b.html

Its like $179. With shipping, its right around $200. The same frame is sold by other vendors for $50-$100 more... This is the best place I have seen to buy one... I have seen cheaper options, but I really like how this one has the built in hangar, and the jersey floats free in the frame for the most part (ya gotta figure out what to do with the sleeves)

I have 3 of them - I hope to get 1 more jersey signed at the next Carnival, and get another frame. That's all the room I have for jersey frames in my home office.

After that, I'm probably sticking with pucks (to be signed). I don't really have anymore room for photos either.

One of mine:

simmonds1_zps58e8d5af.jpg~original

jagr1_zpsca5670b0.jpg~original

I hope to get Giroux to sign this next year... (I have a photo and jersey signed by him at the carnival already)

canvas1_zpse6f7466f.jpg~original

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
In terms of signed stuff... not much! Just a Forsberg signed Avs puck and a Keith Tkachuk signed half size helmet.

I have loads of McFarlane figures and bobbleheads (mainly from the late 90's) and a few limited edition cards from the 90's.

My favourite thing is not even 'memorabilia' though... a Couturier home jersey, was surprisingly hard to get over in europe, even though it was mailed from NA.

shipwreck

HFBoards Sponsor
Sep 7, 2011
Texas
I usually don't care to buy autographed stuff. I like to get it in person, as I'm always left wondering if its real. Only signed hockey stuff I have bought are the 3 signed sticks I have. Bringing a stick to the carnival back and forth from Texas is too big of a hassle - especially when I have to use crutches to get around (I have bad knees - I can't stand up in lines all day like that).

I have a two signed game used sticks - one used and signed by Talbot and another used and signed from Grossman. But, I bought them straight from the Flyers charity directly (earlier this year). So, that should be legit for sure. Since the team itself essentially sold it... And, I have a signed Giroux one - only signed item I have bought from a private company - Hockey Ink. Otherwise, I was luck enough to get all my stuff signed in person.

My fav item is that signed Jagr jersey :)

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Damn, your collections are insane. I have a couple cool things but nothing really that great. Here are a couple highlights:

b4UFRHJ.jpg

Bobby Hull Puck

tzuJlI8.jpg

Dave Schultz Hammer

kk68Gfy.jpg

2008 WS Rally Towel and Ticket

aBgudWx.jpg

First/Last Game at the Vet

42THcCy.jpg

My personal favorite, not really signed, but a promotional poster from the early 1990s from the Capitals with Al Iafrate on a motorcycle for some reason (my friend has another from the series, with all the team's Euro players wearing suit jackets over their jerseys and it said "Washington Foreign Ministry" or something like that).

I have a bunch of other stuff but nothing too great. These are just my faves.

EDIT: Forgot my Giroux jersey...

1ajxr84.jpg

Last edited:

ted2019

History of Hockey
Oct 3, 2008
pittsgrove nj
When I was in My early 20's, I collected early 50's Parkhurst's and 1930's OPC. My favotire was a 1933 World Wide Gum a Aurel Joliat PSA 6 and a 1951-52 Maurice Richard rookie graded PSA 7.

Ilya Bryzastor

May 13, 2013
Philadelphia
I always wanted a Shoeless Joe Jackson card , I got a Chuck Klein card from Ebay a few years back , I also own an Ovechkin , Giroux , Pronger , Hextall , Hall , Lemieux and Lidstrom Jersey.

funghoul

Pejorative Sluro montalbon
Jul 14, 2010
upper drugs
hollywood, you got the bomb collection goin on over there. When you selling tickets for a walk through? You seriously have the makings of a museum. its like a minny hall of fame in your house. All i have is a game worn timonen set 1 from 10/11 away jersey. I have a couple pucks and some other authentic jerseys but my basement is all flyers and hockey. Behind my bar is a wall of tickets with the coolest being from all the away games i went to with pictures of me in front of the ice. I loved buying a game worn jersey tho. their insanely expensive but I was about to become addicted to buying them until my wife caught me with $1500 in cash about to buy a pronger jersey and flipped out about me spending that much on a jersey and us having kids to take care of and blah blah blah! you get the point. Having game worn equipment is cool as hell tho and the closest you can get to the game. The most insane dude is that gretzky guy. who had all of gretzky's jerseys and sticks to the point where gretzky went to take a look at everything. I will be buying more gameworns tho, just can't let the wife know. ha

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Wow very cool stuff everyone!

This is the beauty I picked up last week, was extremely excited!

That is real sick. I just picked up a couple more cards today. I realize these aren't really valuable, they are just nostalgia-related for me. Haha.

$T2eC16FHJIkE9qU3iL3YBRPSuzVvs!~~60_3.JPG

$(KGrHqIOKo8FHYLqRDQOBR9wyEshT!~~60_12.JPG

$(KGrHqN,!k8FF-p5pwp+BRmY+FSVkw~~60_3.JPG

kolankosf

Jul 5, 2013
Red Deer, Alberta
I've been a Flyers fan since the start of the Lindros Era... but always collected wrestling autographs. I started my hockey autograph collection about 3 years ago when I got an autographed 2 patch Shea Weber rookie card (Boy was I crushd when Nashville matched the Offer Sheet), but my collection thus far includes (In the order I got stuff signed)

1) Jeremy Roenick black Koho Jersey - Auto'd, sent to his home, and have the return envelopes
2) Claude Giroux 2012 WC Jersey - Auto'd at a signing by AJ Sportsworld
3) Bernie Parent vintage jersey white - Auto'd, Sent to him, have the envelopes
4) Bobby Clarke vintage jersey orange - Auto'd at Carl's Cards event
5) Mailed an old white jersey to Lindros (No "C") - waiting to get that back...

Waiting to get signed
6) John LeClair jersey - white
7) Paul Coffey jersey - white

Wants
Briere, Gagne, Hextall, Schultz and Howe

Cool Story #1

My wife and I decided to take our boy a half hour down the road to Sylvan Lake,AB. Found this cool hockey memorabilia store that people at my work have been talking about. 2 old guys and a few other people came in about 2 minutes after we entered with the stroller. The 2 old guys were playing with our boy, pinching his cheeks and stuff, and then the taller guy stood up and told us how handsome the boy was, and introduced himself, Pete Mahovlich! The shorter guy said to us "Where's my manners, pleased to meet you, Marcel Dionne."

So he's got a few autographed pucks and his pictures with them, to start his collection

DrinkFightFlyers

THE TORTURE NEVER STOPS
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2009
NJ
Cool Story #1

My wife and I decided to take our boy a half hour down the road to Sylvan Lake,AB. Found this cool hockey memorabilia store that people at my work have been talking about. 2 old guys and a few other people came in about 2 minutes after we entered with the stroller. The 2 old guys were playing with our boy, pinching his cheeks and stuff, and then the taller guy stood up and told us how handsome the boy was, and introduced himself, Pete Mahovlich! The shorter guy said to us "Where's my manners, pleased to meet you, Marcel Dionne."

So he's got a few autographed pucks and his pictures with them, to start his collection

That's awesome. I never really met anyone in a situation like that before. One time I saw Bernie Parent on my way to Flyers game in Camden on AW Blvd. He just said "Go Flyers!" and got back in his car.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->