GDT: The official Tripp-isms thread

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
I heard the dj on the radio the other day, "that was the white stripes with seven nation army on your classic rock station" and I felt like I had just drank from the wrong holy grail
It's a horrid realization alright when the channel traditionally aimed at the middle-agers suddenly start playing music that you know lyrics to from heart.

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
It's a horrid realization alright when the channel traditionally aimed at the middle-agers suddenly start playing music that you know lyrics to from heart.
What makes it super weird is its not like they stopped playing the stuff I would normally associate with "classic rock". Like, here's some pink floyd, some zeppelin, and we'll top it off with a foo fighters track from 2005

AD Skinner

Mar 18, 2009
bubble bath
I think the caps play by play guy is pretty good, but i can't get past Laughlin's voice. He may be saying insightful things but I can never process them because his voice is so grating. I hate to judge in that way but man he is tough to listen to

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
I think the caps play by play guy is pretty good, but i can't get past Laughlin's voice. He may be saying insightful things but I can never process them because his voice is so grating. I hate to judge in that way but man he is tough to listen to
I don't even mind Laughlin's voice that much, his constant use of nicknames drives me up the f***ing wall. Ovie, Kuzy, Willy, Backsy. It makes me want to take a cheese grater to my ears.

Same thing with Ed Olczyk, every time he calls DeBrincat 'The Cat', I want to f***ing murder somebody.

Luckily this is easily avoided by not watching the Capitals or Blackhawks feeds of any games.

Reactions: Tryamw

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad