The Official Tank Thread III

Discussion in 'Detroit Red Wings' started by SoupNazi, Mar 28, 2017.

View Users: View Users
  1. Zetterberg4Captain

Zetterberg4Captain Registered User

Fireman/Marine
    See that's not what i am saying

I have taken position right out of it by excluding all draft high picks from a position we didn't hold (top 15) and based it on the evidence from the position we did hold

Either Holland and his team can or they can't find elite talent after pick 15, and over the last 20 years the evidence proves they cant because they haven't, so why or how could anybody believe starting NOW they can?

Yes they can find Tatars and Nyquists but so can just about everybody with the same consistency

I am inclined to say, let's see what he can do drafting in the top 10 for the next few years and that's where my position comes from.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2017
  2. Shaman464

Shaman464 #FireHolland

Virologist/Immunologist
    The problem is that KH is trying to spare parts his way back into the playoffs. This means two things: That Detroit has very little cap space and Detroit drafts lower. This leads to three results: Decreasing odds of drafting elite talent, inability to pay top talent on the market, and no resources to trade for top talent. Detroit's model is necessarily counter productive in both the short and long term, and if KH can't see that than he shouldn't be a GM at the NHL level.

3. Hammettf2b

Hammettf2b Wings

The last week of March has huge Tank implications. We play the Habs, Sabres, and Sens.