Pre-Game Talk: The official SENS are Elimated vs Carolina game, Sat 7PM on HNIC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
BS. 30$ seats are Joe Fans job. Corporations don' buy those to entertain clients. Seriously dude
good point as well... cheapest tickets in the building aren't even selling.... online sites have tickets AND parking passes at a discount... still too pricey...

I would just like to reiterate for everyone... personally I am not a huge melnyk fan. I believe there are things he has done very very wrong. my list does NOT include internal budget on team salary and stadium prices. employing the smallest hockey ops team IS one of them... these guys aren't making millions of dollars and if he wants to have a a whole cost per point idea with our team HE MUST employ smart people in Hockey ops. more scouts more everything. and people will say "well fans have to go to games!" we go to games "enough" for him to invest a tad more than what he is.. in this business where players makes obssceeeeennne amounts of money you cant penny pinch everywhere. a few more guys at 80-110 grand aren't going to sink the franchise. (I believe that's what theyre making on average).

So Im stuck in a sort of middle ground. I believe we support the team ENOUGH that we should have a more vast hockey ops group, but I do not think we support enough that we should expect th team to spend like crazy.

and I think enough has been said about the prices around the rink.. really not much to complain about there

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
How many people have you talked to?
I don't have an exact number, but the sentiment was always " tickets are like 100 bucks for seats that aren't that great" IN THE conference final! not a single person said " yeah great were in the conference final but melnyk is the owner so Im not going". now, the people I spoke to don't rep every single person on earth who didn't attend a sens playoff game BUT, price is a big obstacle.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
So you think we had some empty seats in the POs last year because of melnyk? Hard to believe. Lots of convos I had came down to one thing. Price. Cuz prices go up the deeper you get into the POs

And with the Largest Employer in the Ottawa/Gatineau region having problems with paying their employees, this had to have factored into the reluctance for a percentage of fans to be able to pay the higher PO prices ........... not the biggest factor, but a factor nevertheless.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
And with the Largest Employer in the Ottawa/Gatineau region having problems with paying their employees, this had to have factored into the reluctance for a percentage of fans to be able to pay the higher PO prices ........... not the biggest factor, but a factor nevertheless.
yeah that's fair.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ottawa was in top 10 or just outside of it attendance wise from 03-04 to 2013-2014. The team was very well supported before being stuck in this long stretch of mediocrity. Even in the early part of the rebuild people were still showing up no problem. You also have to take into consideration the current state of affair with the public sector in Ottawa, Melnyk's money woes and the departure of beloved star players like Alfie, Spezza, etc. Cheapness may be part of it but it's not the only factor. Nobody was being cheap when the franchise was seemingly healthy.

2017-2018 NHL Attendance - National Hockey League - ESPN
just took a look at this. so its been an issue for about 4 years. I mean we still filled up 94.5% of the stadium the year immediately following alfies departure. I would like to see our average when we take out Montreal Toronto boston games. im sure it drops a couple percent. but I don't think anything drastic. so it could VERY WELL BE phoenix that has affected ticket sales the last 2 years. which in that case... is it really melnyk affecting the ticket sales? the average fan doesn't give two shits about melnyk

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
It's been discussed ad nauseam on here, are you looking for proof that is been discussed?

Just wanted to know what, besides the escalating cost of PO ticket prices the deeper the Senators went in last years playoffs, you're suggesting kept people away from third round games at the CTC.

Cuz it appears as if there are some people trying to retroactively attribute it to the melnykout folks, which had not began at that time.

If you can't tell me that's okay, no need to get your dander up.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Sensung, lots of $30 seats for you to purchase, surely you can afford those, you know the ones under the tarp. Imagine, you can see the best defenceman on the planet, right here in your home town, and chances are, you will not run into the owner there. What a deal, $30.00
Derp.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Just wanted to know what, besides the escalating cost of PO ticket prices the deeper the Senators went in last years playoffs, you're suggesting kept people away from third round games at the CTC.

Cuz it appears as if there are some people trying to retroactively attribute it to the melnykout folks, which had not began at that time.

If you can't tell me that's okay, no need to get your dander up.
Just because a campaign didn't have the same timeline as when the playoffs didn't sell out doesn't mean people can't feel a certain way prior. Don't be foolish.

If anything you're the one who has his 'dander up' when someone has a differing opinion from you about the owner. Perfect example was my post you quoted.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad