The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part IV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
We’ll find out if he learned anything from trading Karlsson.

Honestly I wonder if one if the reasons they waited until October to trade Karlsson was because they were hoping season ticket sales over the summer could allow them to make Karlsson a better offer.

If the Karlsson + Ryan to Vegas rumour is true, I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was Melnyk pressuring Dorion into doing it and Dorion managed to convince Melnyk that the return was so bad that they had to wait and see if there was another way. We have plenty of rumours of Bryan Murray holding off Melnyk from doing stupid things (and sometimes not being able to, like signing Kovalev)

I know I've been defending Dorion a lot these days but the guy loved Karlsson. I just can't see him wanting to trade him away.

Reactions: montysens

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Honestly I wonder if one if the reasons they waited until October to trade Karlsson was because they were hoping season ticket sales over the summer could allow them to make Karlsson a better offer.

If the Karlsson + Ryan to Vegas rumour is true, I wouldn't be surprised to find out it was Melnyk pressuring Dorion into doing it and Dorion managed to convince Melnyk that the return was so bad that they had to wait and see if there was another way. We have plenty of rumours of Bryan Murray holding off Melnyk from doing stupid things (and sometimes not being able to, like signing Kovalev)

I know I've been defending Dorion a lot these days but the guy loved Karlsson. I just can't see him wanting to trade him away.

Nah Melnyk wouldve pocketed any extra season ticket sales

Reactions: bert

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Nah Melnyk wouldve pocketed any extra season ticket sales

Very possible. But that rumoured Vegas deal has all of Melnyk's prints over it (rumours of Ryan having to be included in any Karlsson deal were all over the place in the lead up) and fell through last minute, sounds like someone on our end had a change of heart. Leads me to believe cooler heads prevailed that day.

DrakeAndJosh

Intangibles
Jun 19, 2010
Kanata

I miss when we overpaid for old free agents. Better than barely hitting the cap floor.

Reactions: bert and Xspyrit

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Pierre, you aren't a great gm and you've been handicapped by a POS owner, but for the love of God, please get us some decent returns for our stars.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
Just get us some elite prospects that are Belleville bound so they don't get tainted by the big team.

Yes and before trading for them we should ask them what kind of money they think they will be looking for in 3 years or so. We want to make sure we build a team of players that want to be here, last thing we need is another superstar who only cares about himself and getting paid.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
25 year old Mika Zibanejad would be a perfect center to rebuild around, too bad this team was too scared to pay him $5mil

The next 5 days are going to be scary with Pierre Dorion at the helm

Absolutely not. So easy for some to forget why he was traded to begin with; here’s a hint, it wasn’t about the money.

The thought of having him alone as our veteran leader up front showing the kids how to be a professional makes me shiver.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Absolutely not. So easy for some to forget why he was traded to begin with; here’s a hint, it wasn’t about the money.

The thought of having him alone as our veteran leader up front showing the kids how to be a professional makes me shiver.
The second rounder for NYR to pay Brassard’s signing bonus, Brassard’s actual salary being lower than cap hit and Mika needing a raise wasn’t about the money? Tell me more

Did I mention the league initially rejected the second Brassard trade as we were giving up assets for another team to eat a buyout. Ya, none of that was about money lol

Reactions: h2owned

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I think its fairly obvious thats why... The b.s about a fair market offer etc. Same dog and pony show we have seen with Duchene and Stone. They really think we are a dumb group of fans.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

It was all about money.... Lol why do you think they waited until Brassards bonus was paid and the sens gave the higher pick. Come on man open your eyes.

Your last sentence is absolutely ridiculous. He is doing a hell of a job in NYR who would you prefer to lead this group Zach Smith?... You must he employed by the team when i read posts like this.

Reactions: Deku and h2owned

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada

What? Didn't the Sens throw in a 2nd because New York paid Brassard's bonus?

Reactions: Bean Drown

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

Not about the money but in that same trade they gave up a second round pick so the Rangers would pay Brassard's bonus.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Yeah who needs a 6'2 PPG 2-way center. Glad you're not the GM :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad