The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
No he didn’t. We lost Methot in expansion and Mac to injury. Hardly Dorion’s fault. Thompson was not Mac’s replacement. He’s a fourth line centre. Criticize him for not acquiring a better top four guy, sure, but what was out there?
It would only be logical to assume that the team got worse in that summer than. He’s the GM, and the team got worse after the ECF run, I expected him to make moves and not stick with a worse roster.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Is it not fair to say a great many of us lamented not going for it while Karlsson was a bargain?

I don't mean to justify every move we have made but I am glad we swung for the fences even if it didn't work.

I dunno about this one.

Really going for it would be adding Duchene to the group of centers in the stable. Not flipping Turris for Duchene. Yes, we would've lost the 1st in 18 or 19, and likely one of Chabot/White/Brown and another small piece, but that would've improved the team substantially (both on the ice and off).

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
It would only be logical to assume that the team got worse in that summer than. He’s the GM, and the team got worse after the ECF run, I expected him to make moves and not stick with a worse roster.

MacArthur didn’t fail his medical until training camp. He was supposed to replace him before he knew he wasn’t going to be available? I don’t blame Dorion for injuries and an expansion draft. That’s not his fault.

What moves should he have made?

Reactions: Ray Kinsella

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
MacArthur didn’t fail his medical until training camp. He was supposed to replace him before he knew he wasn’t going to be available? I don’t blame Dorion for injuries and an expansion draft. That’s not his fault.

What moves should he have made?
Have a correct plan in place. Everybody lost a player during the expansion, who was he planning to replace those minutes that Methot played with EK? It’s not like the expansion draft came as a surprise,, the guy thought Oduya would replace them lol and started Chabot in the minors. And banking on a guy with concussion issues who played like 18 games in two years isn’t exactly a good player to plug firmly in your roster.

The main issue is that Dorion spent and offseason sitting on his hands and doing absolutely nothing. That playes into th Duchene trade. Why would he trade that huge package knowing that we had many holes in the roster which he neglected to fill?

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Have a correct plan in place. Everybody lost a player during the expansion, who was he planning to replace those minutes that Methot played with EK? It’s not like the expansion draft came as a surprise,, the guy thought Oduya would replace them lol and started Chabot in the minors. And banking on a guy with concussion issues who played like 18 games in two years isn’t exactly a good player to plug firmly in your roster.

The main issue is that Dorion spent and offseason sitting on his hands and doing absolutely nothing. That playes into th Duchene trade. Why would he trade that huge package knowing that we had many holes in the roster which he neglected to fill?

Well in all fairness Duchene fills one of, if not the biggest, hole we had to fill, which was a legitimate top line centre. We gave away a pic, a prospect, and a second line centre. It’s not exactly a huge package, as Bowers was not amongst our top prospects, and a second line centre is a lot easier to replace. Next year’s pick is a wild card, we’ll see where it lands.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

How do you know he did absolutely nothing?

He's probably been busy as hell, just nothing has gone his way. I'm not defending him, but there is plenty of stuff to complain about without inventing reasons.

mysens

Apr 9, 2013

He's probably been busy as hell, just nothing has gone his way. I'm not defending him, but there is plenty of stuff to complain about without inventing reasons.
Exactly, knowing EM and how he micromanages everything , I don't think he is doing nothing. I am sure there are plans, but having a potential investor sniffing around, I am sure they are planning calculated moves. We as fans are just sour that we are not kept in the loop. New management style? Not sure.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada

Was talking about last offseason in that post. But since you mentioned it he did nothing this offseason as well, I’d rather have him do nothing than something bad though.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well in all fairness Duchene fills one of, if not the biggest, hole we had to fill, which was a legitimate top line centre. We gave away a pic, a prospect, and a second line centre. It’s not exactly a huge package, as Bowers was not amongst our top prospects, and a second line centre is a lot easier to replace. Next year’s pick is a wild card, we’ll see where it lands.
Pretty obvious agenda if you actually break down the deal this way.

Bowers was the sens first rounder what do you mean he wasnt a top prospect haha.

Reactions: Engineer

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007

But how can you come across as a blue collar hardass when you concede that you know sweet **** all about the topic you are being so harsh about?

Exactly, knowing EM and how he micromanages everything , I don't think he is doing nothing. I am sure there are plans, but having a potential investor sniffing around, I am sure they are planning calculated moves. We as fans are just sour that we are not kept in the loop. New management style? Not sure.

I'm fine not being made aware actually. I have liked Dorion's "go get'em" attitude but he's been way too vocal considering the disaster season we had last year. Less talking, more doing please.

UnHappyDude

Fire Dorion
Jan 11, 2011
When things are going well there's not a camera or mic PR Dorion would pass up.

When things are going poorly the guy goes MIA.

Absolute coward.

I mean, I am no super fan of Dorion but c'mon. What do you expect the guy to do. Call a press conference for nothing get hammered by the media? He did that with free agency and look how that worked out.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
The man is trying to squeeze water out of a stone, hard to judge him honestly without knowing all of the many many assured hoops he has to jump through for ol Gene!

Mission Impossible: Ottawa Senators (minus Tom Cruise and the mission in this case was in fact not possible)

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Anybody that says PD is handcuffed by Melnyk and it isn't his fault needs to WAKE UP. PD didn't come from outside the org and was in the role before he signed on for another 3 years. Anybody with integrity does not sign for 3 more years if you are aware of the constraints that will not allow you to do your job.

PD is 100% responsible for his own actions (or inaction in this case)

Reactions: branch

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Pretty obvious agenda if you actually break down the deal this way.

Bowers was the sens first rounder what do you mean he wasnt a top prospect haha.

Obviously I meant that he wasn't one of our top prospects. We didn't have to give up Chabot, White, or Brown. Bowers fit somewhere in the next tier of guys at the time, and still would.

Just because he was a first rounder doesn't mean he was one of our top prospects, but you know that, just trying to have a cheap laugh. 'Eves dude, just you being you.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Anybody that says PD is handcuffed by Melnyk and it isn't his fault needs to WAKE UP. PD didn't come from outside the org and was in the role before he signed on for another 3 years. Anybody with integrity does not sign for 3 more years if you are aware of the constraints that will not allow you to do your job.

PD is 100% responsible for his own actions (or inaction in this case)
Easy cop out to lay blame solely on him. You can only do so much when you have a boss breathing down your neck when it comes to finances

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Easy cop out to lay blame solely on him. You can only do so much when you have a boss breathing down your neck when it comes to finances
The cop out is actually blaming his boss when PD went in to this with his eyes wide open. There was no surprise about his boss' antics whatsoever.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The cop out is actually blaming his boss when PD went in to this with his eyes wide open. There was no surprise about his boss' antics whatsoever.

Yeah.... This is information that you definitely don't have dude. Treating baseless speculation as fact is a no no.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Whats his job? To call a press conference for no reason at all in Mid-August?

To call a conference and brief the media and fanbase after signing their best forward for 1 year effectively bridging him to UFA status.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Whats his job? To call a press conference for no reason at all in Mid-August?
Doesn't have to be a press conference. Every other year we get interviews with the Team 1200 or on SensTV about the draft, Dev camp and after major signings at minimum. Usually one or two more throughout the summer. This year it's been zero, and even at the draft when he was forced in to the spotlight, he started it all off with refusing to answer any roster related questions. We haven't heard a thing about the roster since before the trade deadline.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Yeah.... This is information that you definitely don't have dude. Treating baseless speculation as fact is a no no.
You mean like saying that Melnyk is stopping him from doing his job? See what I just did there....

There is an EXTREMELY high probability that PD knew about Euge's way of doing business before signing on for 3 more years. This didn't just start this season and PD was the GM before and has been in the org longer than the Euge himself.

Last edited:

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
You mean like saying that Melnyk is stopping him from doing his job? See what I just did there....

Yes, I saw what you did there, very clever.

The point isn't that we shouldn't speculate, it's that we shouldn't speculate and then pretend that it's a fact.

See what I just did there?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad