The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
The fact that only bloggers have picked up on this is embarrassing. TSN1200 is in full Ottawa Senators boycott mode, while Garrioch is trapped inside Dorion's bunker. This is a story, a story the fanbase needs to hear.

A slight ray of sunshine on an otherwise miserable day in Hell!

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
I agree. Things are quiet... Too quiet. To me, the fact that Friedman reported that Karlsson wants to sign with the team, but not with the owner is a huge tell. Those two things are supposed to be the same thing. The fact that those two things are being considered two separate entities is a huge sign that there's a ton of stuff happening behind the scenes.

Friedman was reporting his own opinion really.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The fact that only bloggers have picked up on this is embarrassing. TSN1200 is in full Ottawa Senators boycott mode, while Garrioch is trapped inside Dorion's bunker. This is a story, a story the fanbase needs to hear.

I thought this was common knowledge?

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I thought this was common knowledge?

Unfortunately, as you know, there is a segment of Sens fans who do not go to message boards or read twitter and only go to the radio station and to the Ottawa Sun as their #1 sources to the team. Both TSN1200 and the Sun are doing a poor job reaching the fanbase as they have both decided to completely go silent on all things Karlsson

Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Will Dorion surface to face the media ahead of Karlsson being dealt?
He'd probably do it if Gord Wilson or Garrioch are appointed to launch the softballs

Reactions: branch

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Oh yeah we know Melnyk hasn't received a "worthwhile offer" and Daly confirmed existence of an offer with the caveat that the team "wasn't for sale" (i.e. Melnyk wasn't actively selling). But nothing since then.

I think a lot of the members in the fanbase/media know that a sale is a matter of time, what we don't know is if it will be imminent. It could take months to years before that happens, as Melnyk would be bleeding money in a sunken ship (attendance will be embarassing, the STH drive have been beyond ****).

In case there is strong negotiation going on for the team to be sold, if I am Melnyk I am likely not re-signing anybody cuz I don't want to pay bonus money to players to a team that I won't own in the near future.

Otherwise, maybe there is strong negotiation going on involving player movements and all negotiating members have put a stop to any leak following the crazy ****show from TDL to Draft to July 1 to somewhere early July when all the talks came to a screeching halt.

He ain't selling. Don't get your hope's up. There is nothing to even provide a glimmer of hope on that front except wishful thinking.

Karlsson looks quite comfortable and things are quiet which I perceive to be a good thing. As long as Melinda is by his side, the odds of him staying are higher than not.

Agent Zub

Jan 2, 2015
The radio silence that has gone on lately is one of the few things GM Dorion has done right in his tenure.

Reactions: topshelf15

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
With the roster we have slated for this year I really don't understand the Burrows buyout any longer.

Reactions: Chezzz

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
With the roster we have slated for this year I really don't understand the Burrows buyout any longer.
Saves them real money and they keep the 2.5M cap hit if they're aiming to spend under the cap floor as it has been speculated. Plus the added value of a roster spot for a young player.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I don't feel there are many prospects that will fill his role suitably, but that remains to be seen.

I'm not even close to as anti-Burrows as many around these parts, but based on his play last year there's definitely a handful of guys who could come in and fill that spot.

In an ideal world someone would come in and play better than AB did last year, but we definitely have guys who can come in and be a place filler (namely Max McCormick, who will probably start with the big club).

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I agree that if last year was his new norm, his role is easy to fill, but I doubt he would have continued to be as terrible this year, the whole team was so laughably bad after Sweden last year.

Ah well, we will never know, hopefully some rookies break out this year.
He retired from playing, so the chances of him being better are nil. He couldn't skate anymore. Even when he was brought on for the playoff run he was 2 steps behind the play at all times. You can't play if you can't skate anymore. He's 37, he wasn't going to be having any kind of rebound.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Atrocious.

Right about everything except drafting and development, which is the one thing this organization does that is better than average.

Sens scouting staff has produced more young NHLers than most teams over the last decade, including plenty of star talent, which makes the utter failure of Sens management that much more pathetic.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
No but I think Dorion will have made it to one shot from the Stanley Cup finals in his first year as GM and he won't be back in the playoffs for the following 4 years.
Team will be vastly improved this year.
:)

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Right about everything except drafting and development, which is the one thing this organization does that is better than average.

Sens scouting staff has produced more young NHLers than most teams over the last decade, including plenty of star talent, which makes the utter failure of Sens management that much more pathetic.
I mean it doesnt help that we've traded Zibanejad, silfverberg, Dahlen one valuable 1st(2014) and one soon to be valuable 1st(2019). Oh and our 2018 2nd too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->