The Official Pierre "high five" Dorion Thread | Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
It would be great if this is the reasoning behind all this madness, I would be okay with a complete restart in this scenario.

Too surreal ... We have entered the tunnel of long term suffering...We can dream there is some happy switch but that's not real and its really unhealthy to believe that too keenly .. We have Melnyk who has proven to really know very litte managing Dorion who on his most lucent moments rises on the crest of the biggest wave an almost immeasurable amount above him pledges his most sincere and total opinion that is 100% in agreement with Mr. Melnyk. And, so the hockey team rolls... Yet given the track record being implanted before us, one can hardly argue with any confidence we have even a hope in hell.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Too surreal ... We have entered the tunnel of long term suffering...We can dream there is some happy switch but that's not real and its really unhealthy to believe that too keenly .. We have Melnyk who has proven to really know very litte managing Dorion who on his most lucent moments rises on the crest of the biggest wave an almost immeasurable amount above him pledges his most sincere and total opinion that is 100% in agreement with Mr. Melnyk. And, so the hockey team rolls... Yet given the track record being implanted before us, one can hardly argue with any confidence we have even a hope in hell.

Who is this “we” you speak of?

Let’s see how it plays out first.

RaMai

Mar 6, 2011
Canada
Yes, I know...seeing how erratic EM behaves and hoping he's doing all this with a plan to sell is not very rational.
But it makes me sleep better.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Reading this thread I can’t believe that there are people defending Pierre Dorion’s performance as GM when it is objectively such trash. Makes me think other factors are at play.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Reading this thread I can’t believe that there are people defending Pierre Dorion’s performance as GM when it is objectively such trash. Makes me think other factors are at play.

He's from Ottawa and worked his way up from the bottom of the ladder to GM.

Even more importantly, his boss is probably the most hated man in all of hockey right now. Even other fan bases feel bad for us.

It is very hard for me to not think Dorion's main issue is Melnyk, not his ability.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008

Even more importantly, his boss is probably the most hated man in all of hockey right now. Even other fan bases feel bad for us.

It is very hard for me to not think Dorion's main issue is Melnyk, not his ability.
Even his minor moves have been absolute trash. Sure Melnyk is absolutely meddling in most things but Pierre is f***ing up even the small things.

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008

DORION IS TERRIBLE. Even if Dorion had Jeff Bezos as the owner saying do whatever you want. He would still be TERRIBLE.

AchtzehnBaby

Global Matador
Mar 28, 2013
Hazeldean Road
Belleville is 22nd in the AHL and a non playoff team.

TheAHL.com

Our prospects/youth are overrated and lack a true impact player other than Chabot

I love your positive spin on everything.

1. Is Belleville is doing better? Yes
  2. Is Drake going to be elite? Yes
  3. Do we finally have a good coach over there? Yes
  4. Have we made some moves recently to make the team better? Yes
  5. Can we make the playoffs? Yes

Reactions: coladin

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
I love your positive spin on everything.
I hate your unrealistically positive spin on everything. Unlike you, I respect your right to feel that way and would never use MOD powers to attempt to suppress opposing opinions.
  1. Is Belleville is doing better? Yes
  1. When you are at the bottom of the league, it's easy to go up a few spots. They are currently 22nd and outside a playoff spot.
    [*]Is Drake going to be elite? Yes
    Stating your opinion as a fact with no evidence to back it up is meaningless. Drake has looked good in the AHL. He's under .5 points a game in the NHL. Could he end up elite? Sure. Is he a lock to be elite? Nope
    [*]Do we finally have a good coach over there? Yes
    Please provide any evidence to support this claim. He's coached his team to 22nd place so far.
    [*]Have we made some moves recently to make the team better? Yes
    Feel free to back up this opinion with evidence.
    [*]Can we make the playoffs? Yes
When the team is actually in a playoff spot, feel free to talk. Until then, it is just more of your biased sunshine and rainbows opinion that completely ignores the reality of the situation Melnyk has created.

Last edited:

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Drake Batherson is a legitimate top 10 prospect in the NHL and that alone makes our prospects pool not overrated.
It's not really overrated either way since we're typically rated outside of the top 10 especially now that Chabot, Jaros, Lajoie, White and Tkachuk have graduated and they need to fill the roles of talent like Karlsson, Stone, Duchene, etc. we've lost. Gonna be a few years of tanking needed still for those high end pieces.

Since we appear ready to deal everyone, we should plan to tank the next two seasons after this one, then try to turn the corner. Almost all the bad money in Smith, Ryan, Condon, Phaneuf, Gaborik, Burrows & Anderson will be off the books by then barring one last year for a couple of them.

Even if their "spending" announcement can't be believed, the timeline they presented at least gives faith they won't be trying to turn he corner too soon like last time.

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.PIERRE★
Jul 26, 2005
Even his minor moves have been absolute trash. Sure Melnyk is absolutely meddling in most things but Pierre is ****ing up even the small things.

Example? Most of his minor moves have been great. Heck, most of his major moves have been pretty good too. They were just sabotaged by Melnyk.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
It's not really overrated either way since we're typically rated outside of the top 10 especially now that Chabot, Jaros, Lajoie, White and Tkachuk have graduated and they need to fill the roles of talent like Karlsson, Stone, Duchene, etc. we've lost. Gonna be a few years of tanking needed still for those high end pieces.

Since we appear ready to deal everyone, we should plan to tank the next two seasons after this one, then try to turn the corner. Almost all the bad money in Smith, Ryan, Condon, Phaneuf, Gaborik, Burrows & Anderson will be off the books by then barring one last year for a couple of them.

Even if their "spending" announcement can't be believed, the timeline they presented at least gives faith they won't be trying to turn he corner too soon like last time.

We have three stooges at the helm: Boucher, Dorion and Melnyk (aka Dumb, Dumber and Dumbest)

Reactions: Gesus

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
his moves have been great and pretty good? what the ****?

Getting Condon was good. Signing Paajarvi was good, trading for McKenna is looking solid.

Credit where credit is due. Swift is way over the top with his cheerleading but Dorion has some nice moves to his name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Ad

Ad

-->