The official, Pictures of yourself and gear.

29Potvins

Jul 17, 2012
Finally got some decent photos! From my Spring league.
Trying to corral a bad pass:

HT2T3049_zps808d9fb6.jpg
That beard on your teammate :handclap:

JBauerly97

Jan 8, 2013
Coldwater, MI
Finally got some decent photos! From my Spring league. Lots of fun, will do it again.

Trying to corral a bad pass:

HT2T3049_zps808d9fb.jpg

No checking league:

HT2T3054_zpscd6da96.jpg

Deked through four guys and then took a terrible shot that was going wide
HT2T3450_zps88d1c6.jpg

Decent action picture:

HT2T3484_zps24c39b.jpg

Heads up when passing:

HT2T3486_zps7a2196.jpg

A lot of passes are about 10 feet in front of me:

HT2T3496_zps590047.jpg

My favorite, ref photo bombed the team picture:

HT2T2973_zpsa3170021.jpg

Lol, awesome

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
This thread's pretty cool. I don't have pictures of me on ice since the league I had no one take some, but I had taken some pictures playing street hockey with some friends in my 1/2 mile driveway :laugh:

2rdf34g.jpg

mbhhofr

Dec 7, 2010
Las Vegas
This is a photo of me in action and the equipment that I wore. No helmet or elbow pads.

Attachments

• MorleyFight2 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    MorleyFight2 - Copy - Copy.jpg
    315.7 KB · Views: 82
  • oldequipment.gif
    oldequipment.gif
    70.1 KB · Views: 45
Last edited:

Wilch

Unregistered User
Mar 29, 2010
That's a sick setup expy. How much did putting all that together cost you?

expy

Nov 2, 2010
That's a sick setup expy. How much did putting all that together cost you?

Thanks!

Id probably estimate it at around 3k, but I got piece by piece, the only real big expenditures were the pads/gloves and helmet.

The Saurus

May 12, 2006
Must get a lot of laughs around the rink IMO. Playing dress up isn't all that impressive and amounts to a lot of wasted money.

expy

Nov 2, 2010
In all honesty, your opinions are welcome.

31 was my number prior to Price, (Hackett era), prior to that it was 1. I bought a full custom set from Don Simmons, for which you can't get a design outside of the stock patterns (2 designs at the time) for which I did not like the other design pattern so I went for this one. Colors are obviously "per taste", but these have always been the colors I've worn, since starting ice hockey. The mask is inspired from one of Carey Price's masks but is a different design altogether, my other mask is blue themed (Canadiens still), but I wanted to purchase an Itech 960, so I did that and got a new paint scheme on it).

And, well, I'd rather have everything match then have a mishmatch of clashing colors (a.l.a. KHL). :P

And about "wasted money", 3k is not a lot for goalie equipment, in fact, I got good deals on most of the gear. The pads and helmet alone are 2k+ (pro level), I don't play at a low enough level that overseas gear would suffice.

Last edited:

snizzbone*

My apologies if that sounded harsh but I've been around the game a long time and seeing a goalie that looks like Carey Price's double at their local rink would make people laugh. :)

Everytime I go to drop in there are people dressed up in NHL team sets.. its a pretty common thing..

wondeROY

Apr 19, 2007
Missoula, Montana
In all honesty, your opinions are welcome.

31 was my number prior to Price, (Hackett era), prior to that it was 1. I bought a full custom set from Don Simmons, for which you can't get a design outside of the stock patterns (2 designs at the time) for which I did not like the other design pattern so I went for this one. Colors are obviously "per taste", but these have always been the colors I've worn, since starting ice hockey. The mask is inspired from one of Carey Price's masks but is a different design altogether, my other mask is blue themed (Canadiens still), but I wanted to purchase an Itech 960, so I did that and got a new paint scheme on it).

And, well, I'd rather have everything match then have a mishmatch of clashing colors (a.l.a. KHL). :P

And about "wasted money", 3k is not a lot for goalie equipment, in fact, I got good deals on most of the gear. The pads and helmet alone are 2k+ (pro level), I don't play at a low enough level that overseas gear would suffice.

:laugh::laugh: This is hilarious, I thought you we're bs'ing us and I totally thought that was just a photo of Price. Nicely done, that must get a lot of looks, and laughs at your rink.

PlamsUnlimited

Big Church Bells
May 14, 2010
New York
Nothing wrong with it at all. If playing forward I use the 90's Sabres uni/blank jersey and their colored stuff. Lots of people I see buy/model their gear after their favorite teams/players

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad