The Official PES 2017 Thread

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Hey Xavi, my son was wondering which game he should get, maybe you'll get us some help.

He's mostly playing FIFA career as a manager. He wants the deepest possible youth academies, transfers and stuff. Playing league and european games, throughout multiple years.
Is it possible to easily change the leagues/teams through an online patch on PS4?

I'm a former PES adept myself.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
I've played some FIFA16. Awful AI for me. Players run like crazy to touch the ball before the corner so that it's a goal kick. Players you don't control standing around with the ball nearby and not moving. Passing to a player just on your left, but instead the ball goes to a winger on the left who's 20 meters away and of course the ball goes straight to the opponent. Passing a throughball above the defense going straight to the only defenseman around. Every team plays a possession game, even if you're Bayern playing against Troyes.

If Fifa 17 is the same, I'm not touching it.

bleedblue1223

Jan 21, 2011
I've played some FIFA16. Awful AI for me. Players run like crazy to touch the ball before the corner so that it's a goal kick. Players you don't control standing around with the ball nearby and not moving. Passing to a player just on your left, but instead the ball goes to a winger on the left who's 20 meters away and of course the ball goes straight to the opponent. Passing a throughball above the defense going straight to the only defenseman around. Every team plays a possession game, even if you're Bayern playing against Troyes.

If Fifa 17 is the same, I'm not touching it.

FIFA 17 is better in that respect, but I heard the basic difference is that all AI players attack the ball in PES, where in FIFA they stick to their position instead of attacking a free ball, even if in reality they should attack it.

I think PES has had the better pure gameplay for awhile, but I never switched because I've preferred the offline, non-gameplay aspects and that closed the gap for me. FIFA was always good enough to satisfy me. In college FIFA had the bigger base to play friends, and post-college I prefer the deep offline modes since I can't play it as much. With the licensing issues, PES will always be significantly behind unfortunately. Even if you can just do a basic update, most people would rather just unwrap the game and play a Chelsea vs Manchester United game, not London FC vs Man Red.

Last edited:

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Hey Xavi, my son was wondering which game he should get, maybe you'll get us some help.

He's mostly playing FIFA career as a manager. He wants the deepest possible youth academies, transfers and stuff. Playing league and european games, throughout multiple years.
Is it possible to easily change the leagues/teams through an online patch on PS4?

Hey Evilo,

As I've gotten older I've had less and less time for tweaking things in the game so I can't really help you there. But I can tell you that there a websites out there that can add the missing kits and stadiums, etc. Also, the transfer system is pretty deep along with the tournaments and income earned, etc. I don't think there's too much if anything at all regarding the youth academies but I'm buying the game this week and let you know.

If he wants all that academy and training stuff he should get Football Manager! ;)

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Yeah, sure "son" was wondering.:P

I've switched over a couple of years ago. Backing the winning 11 days, PES was king. Game play was fantastic. After the 2011 debacle, Fifa will have to completely **** up for me to go back.

Really like career mode and plus my buddies are fifa fans.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Yeah son is wondering. Probably tries to beat me someday :D

FM is frankly frustrating. And he wants to play, not click :D

xavi4life

Mr. Irreverent
Jun 30, 2007
Los Angeles
Got the game last night, played a few matches with the roommate and we had a good time. Game play is great, passes are a more touch sensitive than before which make it easier to make mistakes like in real football. Through balls require precise timing and solid positioning by the forwards who make the runs. So far all the improvements make it a more serious and challenging game which is great. Goalies look and feel much better as do set pieces and corners. Animations have been updated too!

I'll try and check out the career mode options sometime this week but as I always I can't stress what a pleasure it is to play a real great football sim. PES is IT!

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Well I was considering buying PES for my son, but he actually managed to get his grand mother to buy him FIFA :biglaugh:

I still might buy PES too and show him the real good stuff :D

Plato

Nov 12, 2005
New York
Picked up PES myself this year.
Not sure if I'll double dip with FIFA, but have enjoyed what I've played with this one.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad