The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread - Mod Warning Post #1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
This is a new thread. The old one had become a cesspool of bickering and childish arguments.

These are the rules.
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/faq.php?faq=vb3_board_faq#faq_forum_rules

We will not tolerate any more garbage. If someone has a different opinion then you, fine. Disagree with them. Do not resort to petty insults and attacks. This is not red dit. If you cannot have a proper discussion, you will receive and infraction and be removed from the conversation entirely.

This is your only warning.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Does anyone think the station could use a CFL show now that the RedBlacks are in town? Maybe during the day as well, but it is tough when those long 4 hour hockey-based shows exist daily. Perhaps since the CFL is predominantly over summer they could add a show since the Team/TSN normally change the schedule for summer anyways. I would just like to see more coverage on the CFL now that I'm actually interested with a local team. For example, the Burris signing is intriguing and conversation-inducing for a number of different reasons, and I think it should have been discussed more thoroughly last week.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Does anyone think the station could use a CFL show now that the RedBlacks are in town? Maybe during the day as well, but it is tough when those long 4 hour hockey-based shows exist daily. Perhaps since the CFL is predominantly over summer they could add a show since the Team/TSN normally change the schedule for summer anyways. I would just like to see more coverage on the CFL now that I'm actually interested with a local team. For example, the Burris signing is intriguing and conversation-inducing for a number of different reasons, and I think it should have been discussed more thoroughly last week.

Mike Sutherland will most likely be the guy for that. He is the RedBlacks RDS guy.

TeamGrit

Feb 1, 2014
I'm pretty sure they said that there will be a REDBLACKS show sometime in the near future. They also had a day where it was almost all REDBLACKS related for most of that day. Either way, i'm pretty sure it's coming, and the segments will increase as it moves along. Should be pretty cool.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Nothing like a good 10 minute discussion about Pink Eye followed by Steve Warne's own "Pink Eye" song to start the 7:00 hour.

Priceless!!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
FarnsworthGoodNews_zpsb5a378dd.png

There's a new commercial on the radio with a slightly varied bizarre penguin gurgling sound!

I laugh every time I hear those. Man, who thought that madness up. I can't say the marketing works, because I can't remember what it's actually for. Insurance maybe?

Nothing like a good 10 minute discussion about Pink Eye followed by Steve Warne's own "Pink Eye" song to start the 7:00 hour.

Priceless!!

I think it's a slow day for them.

Like most of the station, anything outside of hockey and they really have no idea. Steve on winning women's ski slopestyle gold this morning said something to the effect of I'm so pumped up for winning gold in a sport I didn't know existed 10 minutes ago!

Come on, Warnsey. At least pretend to care a bit!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
FarnsworthGoodNews_zpsb5a378dd.png

There's a new commercial on the radio with a slightly varied bizarre penguin gurgling sound!
I laugh every time I hear those. Man, who thought that madness up. I can't say the marketing works, because I can't remember what it's actually for. Insurance maybe?

I think it's a slow day for them.

Like most of the station, anything outside of hockey and they really have no idea. Steve on winning women's ski slopestyle gold this morning said something to the effect of I'm so pumped up for winning gold in a sport I didn't know existed 10 minutes ago!

Come on, Warnsey. At least pretend to care a bit!

LOL, does a penguin make anything even close to that type of sound? I believe the commercial is for a travel credit card of sorts. Anyways every time i hear the penguin ad i think of the "most annoying sound in the world" clip from dumb and dumber

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
LOL, does a penguin make anything even close to that type of sound? I believe the commercial is for a travel credit card of sorts. Anyways every time i hear the penguin ad i think of the "most annoying sound in the world" clip from dumb and dumber

ANything is better then that giggling girl from all those car commercials.

Alfieghetti

inflamed
Jul 29, 2009
what, hot babes are hot, and worth giggling about. especially as you creep into middle age.

Last edited by a moderator:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Gotta be honest. Not listening to much radio during Olympics.
Tuned in for a half hour today.

Spex

Feb 2, 2009
Guess Liam Maguire's quasi-relationship with TSN1200 is done

http://www.1310news.com/2014/02/14/liam-maguires-ultimate-hockey-show/

Liam Maguire’s Ultimate Hockey Show on 1310News
News staff Feb 14, 2014 10:30:30 AM

OTTAWA – A new and exciting show has debuted on 1310News: Liam Maguire’s Ultimate Hockey Show.

The fiery, passionate Liam Maguire is one of the world’s foremost experts in hockey and everything NHL, and he hosts the two-hour show at 4 p.m. every Saturday.

You can be sure he’ll cover all things hockey from the hot button NHL stories, to minor hockey in Ottawa and the valley, and also the stories emerging from the international hockey world.

Liam’s best known for his encyclopedic knowledge of hockey and the fact it’s almost impossible to stump him when it comes to hockey trivia.

“He’s a walking encyclopedia.” – Phil Esposito

Liam can’t wait to open up the phone lines for listeners to challenge him with any question about hockey. You can try… but we’re not expecting it to happen!

Although Liam is a national figure on the hockey scene, he’s also fiercely dedicated to minor hockey in Ottawa and the valley. He’s coaching his son’s team at the moment, and is the founder of Centre Ice Magazine, a publication that focuses on minor hockey in our region.

Tune in for his weekly segment targeted at the goings-on for the junior players in our community!

Liam’s friendships in the hockey world are legendary. Not many people can say that Wayne Gretzky wrote the foreword to one of his books, or that Gordie Howe and Bobby Orr wrote the forewords to his other two books. The “Alumni Corner” of Liam Maguire’s Ultimate Hockey Show will feature one of hockey’s greats each and every week.

Tune in Saturday at 4 p.m.

To send Liam an email to read on the air. Click here.

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
Switching to a positive note for once, new show on TSN 1200 debuts tomorrow.. they were talking about it the other day on The Drive, it focuses on minor hockey. Really good idea in my opinion, hopefully they put pressure on coaches and parents to start acting their age when dealing with minor sports, the way fully grown adults are acting in the arena has become a huge problem.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Switching to a positive note for once, new show on TSN 1200 debuts tomorrow.. they were talking about it the other day on The Drive, it focuses on minor hockey. Really good idea in my opinion, hopefully they put pressure on coaches and parents to start acting their age when dealing with minor sports, the way fully grown adults are acting in the arena has become a huge problem.

I suggested that exact type of show two years ago.

Step

It's been a tough year...
Nov 9, 2007
Ottawa
So I just listened to the B-Sens game on XM tonight. Is it bad that the Binghamton announcers are much better than TSN1200's?

Canadian91

May 8, 2009
Ottawa
So I just listened to the B-Sens game on XM tonight. Is it bad that the Binghamton announcers are much better than TSN1200's?

You think so? Grady Whittenburg is very good but so is AJ Jakubec. Both of them are NHL-calibre play-by-play men.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->