The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016
Melnyk's comments from his radio appearances the last couple of days are indefensible(especially his attack on the media and @ianmendes ). [MOD]

Last edited by a moderator:

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Well Dorion did the same thing to Boucher, so what goes around comes around....lol

And karma will eventually catch up to Melnyk, hopefully fans will stop going to the games and drive this narcissistic lunatic into bankruptcy

I'm having a hard time believing in karma these days.

See: Melnyk still in gold health and retaining ownership of the Sens.

If karma still exists, the **** kicking he's in for should be monumental

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: bert and aragorn

YouGotAStuGoing

Mar 26, 2010
Ottawa, Ontario
The worst part, for me, is is that in the past I've felt it was my duty as a fan to argue and make my voice heard. It's not making a difference. Most right-minded people in Ottawa and on a wider scope know the score. And frankly, it's exhausting to care so much about a product and a team that's been giving us so few positives to be excited about. I think it's finally happening. When your fans are happy or sad or angry, you're still doing something right. They still care. I'm not sure I feel anything toward the Senators but apathy right now.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Holding his feet to the fire? HE FORCED THE MAN INTO THIS POSITION!

"Hey Pierre, you better not eff up this untenable situation I put you in, because I'm going to hold you accountable if my bad decisions don't work."

Is that what you're saying here? Tell me I'm wrong, please.

Doesn't matter. It is all about what PD can do from here on in.
PD is the GM and has a job to do.
The circumstances with Eugene as owner will not change and the expectation is for PD to implement the rebuilding plan. Sure he put him in a difficult position but PD has to play the cards he has been dealt. Tough as it is, this is the situation PD is in and accountability is part of any job at this level.
You don't think he should be accountable??

Reactions: thinkwild

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
This is what happens when a person is surrounded by mouth breathing sycophants. Melnyk is living in a delusional fantasy land.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
6 months ,,, hmmm how will Melnyk gauge it? That's all off season. Dorion will dust off his best Herb Tarlek jacket and tell him the prospects will put the team over the top in 3 years.

... and it will work. PD already convinced we have 9 or 10 stars in Belleville.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Then act like a respectable organization. Have a team you can be proud of the STH to say ‘I’ve got tickets to the game tonight’ sign the good players, stop arguing with the media, show respect to the fans by not questioning who is real and who is not

You are mixing things up here. His response was to the Sens ad, thanking the patrons who bought tickets. Doesn't mean you aren't right about the rest of what you had to say.

RyCam

Nov 3, 2016

First hint that Melnyk isn't happy with how Dorion is running things.

Not a fan of Dorion at all(IMO he's easily the worst GM in the NHL), but PD is in between a rock and a hard place right now. He's given the offseason to fix things, but the only way you can really fix this is by bringing in talented free agents, and no free agent worth their salt is going to touch this team with a 10 foot pole thanks to our dear owner.

Reactions: Acidrain66

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Not a fan of Dorion at all(IMO he's easily the worst GM in the NHL), but PD is in between a rock and a hard place right now. He's given the offseason to fix things, but the only way you can really fix this is by bringing in talented free agents, and no free agent worth their salt is going to touch this team with a 10 foot pole thanks to our dear owner.
He will be fired once Colorado drafts 1st OVR

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Doesn't matter. It is all about what PD can do from here on in.
PD is the GM and has a job to do.
The circumstances with Eugene as owner will not change and the expectation is for PD to implement the rebuilding plan. Sure he put him in a difficult position but PD has to play the cards he has been dealt. Tough as it is, this is the situation PD is in and accountability is part of any job at this level.
You don't think he should be accountable??

I personally and professionally despise people who demand accountability but don't require it of themselves.

Accountability starts at the top of any organization. Its anathema for the owner of this organization to demand accountability from anyone - the GM, coaching staff, the media, the fans, etc... - when hes unable and unwilling to hold himself to the same standards.

This is toxic behaviour. Full stop.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
My takeaways:

POSITIVES

1. He knows the fans are "pissed". Terrible communication. That is positive that he isn't "disconnected" as many continue to say
2. Love the shot at the mayor, but that's just me. And he is 100% justified to say what he did
3. He wants to win, and is committed to the city and the team
4. Whether fans go or not, i like that. Means he is not going to let ticket revenue dictate his commitment
5. Will pay this core because he really believes in it. Hope he is right. Mentioned the right kind of numbers
6. Dorion is clearly on notice.

MEH:

1. The Leafs stuff, thought it was funny, and he isn't wrong. I just wouldn't criticize other teams as an owner
2. A new arena, nothing interesting here of things that weren't out there

NEGATIVES:

1. Mendes shot. He can believe it, and in my opinion, he isn't completely wrong. That's just me. I just wouldn't have said it.

It is time for action, not words. Take care of Chabot this summer will go a long way

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
1. He knows the fans are "pissed". Terrible communication. That is positive that he isn't "disconnected" as many continue to say
Yet yesterday he was claiming his customers aren't real fans. He is completely disconnected from reality and yesterday was the proof.
4. Whether fans go or not, i like that. Means he is not going to let ticket revenue dictate his commitment
5. Will pay this core because he really believes in it. Hope he is right. Mentioned the right kind of numbers
I can't believe anybody still believes a word that comes out of this guys mouth.

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
My takeaways:

POSITIVES

2. Love the shot at the mayor, but that's just me. And he is 100% justified to say what he did

MEH:

1. The Leafs stuff, thought it was funny, and he isn't wrong. I just wouldn't criticize other teams as an owner

NEGATIVES:

1. Mendes shot. He can believe it, and in my opinion, he isn't completely wrong. That's just me. I just wouldn't have said it.

It is time for action, not words. Take care of Chabot this summer will go a long way

I disagree on almost all your points. The positives you've listed aren't that positive (taking a shot at the mayor is not a great idea, regardless of how you feel about the mayor.

EM should be focused on repairing some key relationships... Like the mayor, the fans he's alienated, the media he's driven a bus over.... But instead, you celebrate that he recognizes there's terrible communication, WHILE DOING AN ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE JOB COMMUNICATING.

I just don't get it man.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
I personally and professionally despise people who demand accountability but don't require it of themselves.

Accountability starts at the top of any organization. Its anathema for the owner of this organization to demand accountability from anyone - the GM, coaching staff, the media, the fans, etc... - when hes unable and unwilling to hold himself to the same standards.

This is toxic behaviour. Full stop.
Can certainly agree with you that it starts at the top and how can he expect others to be accountable when he doesn't hold himself to the same standard.
However, the reality is that he is the owner and can take a dictatorial stance on a whim. We all know the situation toxic. Nothing new on that front.
Put yourself in PD's shoes. You are going to do the best possible job you can under the circumstances and above all, be accountable to yourself. It's a tough gig. No doubt about it. How do you succeed in a "toxic" environment?

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
My takeaways:

POSITIVES

MEH:

NEGATIVES:

Also, your last line is hilarious. You call for action, but think it's positive that he keeps talking? How does that crow taste coladin?

Reactions: bert and Acidrain66

00antho

#MelnykOut
Jan 27, 2016
Ottawa
Pokes head back in : Melnyk still saying ridiculous things.

Stop caring you guys, and definitely stop spending money. This is clearly not worth time or money.
I don't think apathy is the way to go. At least, I'm not at that point yet. I completely agree with stop spending money though.

Reactions: Acidrain66

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018
Can certainly agree with you that it starts at the top and how can he expect others to be accountable when he doesn't hold himself to the same standard.
However, the reality is that he is the owner and can take a dictatorial stance on a whim. We all know the situation toxic. Nothing new on that front.
Put yourself in PD's shoes. You are going to do the best possible job you can under the circumstances and above all, be accountable to yourself. It's a tough gig. No doubt about it. How do you succeed in a "toxic" environment?

You succeed in toxic environments by either changing the environment, or by leaving it. PD is seemingly incapable of doing either.

There is one person capable of changing the toxicity surrounding this team.

He just spent the last two days doubling down on that toxicity.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->