The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
It should be pointed out that, unless I'm wrong, he wasn't scheduled to join them. It's as though he was listening to them ripping apart the statements from Melnyk and then barged his way on air to "defend" him. So bizarre.
Thought the same thing. It was perfect, the panel didn't even have time to carefully craft their delicate questions for this bozo, so they just spewed anger. Hope the questioning continues this way going forward.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
He absolutely posts here, I have no doubt.
At the very least he has lackeys reading these boards to garner a sense of fanbase sentiment. It would be remiss to not examine these boards from a marketing standpoint.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Listening to Ruszkowski speak
ShoddySilverBallpython-small.gif

Last edited:

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
I listened to the interview, and I don't think there is anything he could say that would not garner a different response. Quite frankly. The moment he opened his mouth, daggers are being sharpened.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I listened to the interview, and I don't think there is anything he could say that would not garner a different response. Quite frankly. The moment he opened his mouth, daggers are being sharpened.
Cmon Coladin, you can't defend this man, the answers he gave made the daggers come out.

There is no spinning this interview, try as you may, or as you were instructed but, it was one of the worst in franchise history.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
So what he said, and how he said it, has nothing to do with the reaction?

Seriously?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Cmon Coladin, you can't defend this man, the answers he gave made the daggers come out.

There is no spinning this interview, try as you may, or as you were instructed but, it was one of the worst in franchise history.

I'm not spinning anything. It is a fact that if you are listening to someone you hate, or their position, you will not really hear what he is saying. In my business, this is very apparent when someone is already in a negative state of mind , before they speak, that it will not be given a fair chance.

Like many who were upset that Melnyk released that statement in Toronto. No one believed it. But they will complain that he said it in Toronto anyways.

Look, they have made their bed. I get that. If you were to have Cyril Leeder say for what Ruz said, word for word, would the reaction be different?

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
So what he said, and how he said it, has nothing to do with the reaction?

Seriously?

I didn't like how he kept saying "to put it in simple terms", over and over...like we aren't dumb. But the meat and potatoes of it, I am not sure what all the fuss is about. But that also boils down to my legal background, and how I listen to things.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
At this point working for the Senators is taking the job of defending Melnyck instead of advocating for the excellence of the team.

Rudcowski is a good guy, he cares. He’s not a hockey person, I don’t even think he was a fan or is today, his stats regurgatation is complete non-sense. and I don’t think it’s normal for someone in his position to defend his suprior.

Rudcowski mentioned 6 times in the first 3 minutes ‘the rebuild message’ so it’s clear that message from the Sens isn’t getting out if the CFO has to continually remind everyone what the plan is.

Rudcowski pumping Melnycks tires as a businessman and questioning the fan pessimism is exactly why the relationship is broken: in essence he is saying ‘he’ll get rich off of this, he’s good at at” and that’s why we hate Melnyck, he’s here to profit off is us from his Toronto office and we are trying to squeeze him out.

Anyways, Rudcoski has been given a plum job from an office in Paris so of course he’ll kiss the ring. He was in charge of a French Company so hearing complaints is probably Rudcoski feeling that’s Sens-Army is just complainy as he had in France, but it’s actually he opposite, we are an underdog mentality market and Melnyck is the bully, he has the relationship completely misinterpreted - and it’s because he doesn’t know the city. Same with Melnyck. So they have that blind spot/ arrogance in common and we feel that. Rudcoski intentions are real but misguided, Melnycks intentions are ego and straight up stupidity and arrogance

Reactions: Mack Attack

Relapsing

Jul 3, 2018

I've made a career in customer service, and he deserves the criticism. There are ways to handle sensitive topics, and he completely threw out the book on how to go about it.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I have heard him speak on about 5 different occasions and not once have I come to this conclusion.

That’s fine. We can differ on that. He’s trying to rationalize Sens fans passion, a passion he doesn’t understand or feel. He’s looking at this from polls, data the opinion of a psychotic owner.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I'm not spinning anything. It is a fact that if you are listening to someone you hate, or their position, you will not really hear what he is saying. In my business, this is very apparent when someone is already in a negative state of mind , before they speak, that it will not be given a fair chance.

Like many who were upset that Melnyk released that statement in Toronto. No one believed it. But they will complain that he said it in Toronto anyways.

Look, they have made their bed. I get that. If you were to have Cyril Leeder say for what Ruz said, word for word, would the reaction be different?
I had no chance to be in a negative head space, his appearance was completely unplanned and right before, the panel was ripping on Melnyk. TBH, that made me mor relaxed and excited to hear from this COO clown, that is until he opened his mouth.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If you were to have Cyril Leeder say for what Ruz said, word for word, would the reaction be different?

Assuming someone like Cyril Leeder would even say something like that in the first place, word for word, is kind of preposterous, and a textbook example of begging the question.

I get that Ruszkowski was in a tough spot, but excusing away his answers because "fans are upset" ignores literally the entirety of everything he actually said.

I'm sorry Col, but that's a poor analysis.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Assuming someone like Cyril Leeder would even say something like that in the first place, word for word, is kind of preposterous, and a textbook example of begging the question.

I get that Ruszkowski was in a tough spot, but excusing away his answers because "fans are upset" ignores literally the entirety of everything he actually said.

Another factor Rudcoskwi is facing is the compassion we have for Leeder. Unfair, but until he can shake the Melncyk defender label, he’ll have to live with it.

He really shouldn’t of said Melnyck is a good business man because good business men produce legacies, and the other guys just make a profit. That will haunt him for a while, but you can’t work for the Sens unless you join the cult of ‘Melncyk is a saviour’ dialogue - and that will never fly in this town.

Rudcowski, if you want a break down of how to get through to the fans, PM me. You have to pay for the lunch tho.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Maybe sending him on a media tour to does the flames of Melnyk's bizarre statement was probably a bad idea. Maybe only let Aimee Deziel speak in public.

I did not have a problem with his comment on the pre game show.

Sometimes the cold hard facts are unpleasant to hear, but better than hearing nothing at all.

He did point out, that every thing that was communicated in the statement that was aired during the game, in Toronto, had already been made public to the local Ottawa media last fall, and in the three town halls held last year he made this point and directed it to @ianmendes as he was there, and did not dispute it.

Perhaps @ianmendes could clarify if this was true or not.

Loved when Roy Mlakar was President and CEO, should never have let him go, when they did.

Last edited:

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I did not have a problem with his comment on the pre game show.

Sometimes the cold hard facts are unpleasant to hear, but better than hearing nothing at all.

He did point out, that every thing that was communicated in the statement that was aired during the game, in Toronto, had already been made public to the local Ottawa media last fall, and in the three town halls held last year he made this point and directed it to @ianmendes as he was there, and did not dispute it.

Perhaps @ianmendes could clarify if this was true or not.

Loved when Roy Mlakar was President and CEO, should never have let him go, when they did.

Mlakar and Leeder gave you the impression they were caretakers Of the TEAM, Rudcoski gives you the impression he is the caretaker of Melncyks ego.

Reactions: stempniaksen

coladin

Sep 18, 2009

I don't think Cyril has been in this type of position, to be fair. He had it relatively easy compared to what this guy signed up for. But Cyril was very clearly a company man, and kissed the ring as Tuna eloquently put it lol. He would have had Melnyk's back as this COO did. To suggest otherwise also begs the question.

I'm sorry you find the analysis poor, but I just don't think people can listen well when they have "Won't Get Fooled Again" in the background, or "Killing in the Name" in the background haha.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->