The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I need to second this.

@ianmendes , you thoroughly killed it tonight on the roundtable. A+ job, my dude.
Thanks Ian that was much better than the Dorion interview the other day. Let's get the gloves off. These clowns themselves are going to not only destroy a hockey franchise but no Sens probably means no TSN1200. Lets take these guys to task.

Also, Lisa Wallace sounded pissed we need more of what she brought in her one question

Last edited:

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
They have the McKenzie audio and our dufus COO too, but the round table is missing.

Do they usually post the whole thing?

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Unfortunately, all Ruszkowski had to offer were long-winded non-answers. How this guy made a career in PR is a mystery to me.

I think his talent is finding arrogant people who suck at PR and getting them to pay him to be the arrogant prick instead.

The guy's track record is nuclear waste level bad. Which means Melnyk likes something about him: the FAUX news FAUX bravado approach probably. Very popular with seniles.

Reactions: Blarginator

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Despite all the **** that has gone down with this team and the things that have been said, that was hands down THE WORST interview out of this team yet.

The scary thing is that this organization is so tone-deaf these days that someone might actually let Ruszkowski talk to the media in an official capacity ever again.

I mean... that interview is an unmitigated disaster, and yet somehow I bet that there are people in charge over there that felt that it "went ok".

Reactions: Gesus

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Thank you @ianmendes for everything yesterday. On the drive you talked about accountability, and you lived up to your word. You guys are going a great job advocating for the fan base, its not your fault that the organization is giving you responses like in the pre game.

It was refreshing to hear that us as a fan base were being listened to

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Anyone who thinks that Ian Mendes and the local media is soft on the team is missing out right now on the pre-game show.

Mendes & the round table have their fangs out and are feasting on this team.

Chris Stevenson in particular is dropping truth bombs all over the studio right now.
I missed it. Ah here it is.
https://www.tsn.ca/radio/ottawa-1200/ruszkowski-we-have-to-replace-any-ufa-s-that-we-lose-1.1254012

Boy they are so defensive and obnoxious. Some organization of people. They realize they make it harder for fans to support them when they come off this way and end up so unlikable?

Last edited:

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Thank you SIMMER

Awesome job dissecting those ridiculous answers by the coo. (Seriously. Comparing the winning percentage under melnyk to 1992??? Wtf was that? 50% of the games? Oh yes, congrats to everyone and thank you lord melnyk)

No wonder they don’t allow simmer to interview them. He would destroy them.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Unfortunately, all Ruszkowski had to offer were long-winded non-answers. How this guy made a career in PR is a mystery to me.

I think his talent is finding arrogant people who suck at PR and getting them to pay him to be the arrogant prick instead.

He is the COO, not the Director of PR for the Senators ....... but I don't think they even have someone designated as one, which is a problem.

Last year, it was reported that EM hire a "Toronto Based PR firm" to help him deal with the outdoor game press conference fall out ......... I don't know if they've been kept on, but I also don't see any evidence of any positive PR, in Ottawa.

Eugene Melnyk Working With A PR Firm

Yes, there is some PR in Ruszkowskis' background, but that is not his primary function for the Senators, as far as I can see.

Nicolas Ruszkowski Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

Last edited:

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
They have the McKenzie audio and our dufus COO too, but the round table is missing.

Do they usually post the whole thing?

I've been using Doffass,
when characterizing the Owner, and now stand corrected.
Thanks

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
Ruszkowski comparing the success of the team under Menyk's watch vs. under the previous ownership during it's expansion years is a complete and utter joke and embarrassment.

"Trust us because we have a better win % than an expansion team." Even though most of the wins they have through the first several years of his tenure were the result of a team built by previous ownership.

Cannot even believe the things he said. The guy is a complete moron, just like everyone else in that front office. It's insulting to have to listen to shit like this as a fan and be patronized by these idiots.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
The scary thing is that this organization is so tone-deaf these days that someone might actually let Ruszkowski talk to the media in an official capacity ever again.

I mean... that interview is an unmitigated disaster, and yet somehow I bet that there are people in charge over there that felt that it "went ok".
This. All day long. The absolute totality of the 'tone deafness' was staggering. I understood his his points about spending starting at 2021 as being consistent with the timeframe of 3-4 years from Fall 2018. That's sort of obvious.
But answering a question about investing in the club (i.e. front office staff, scouting, etc) as if it was a question about community involvement and maintenance for an aging building? That made no sense.
Then explaining that it's okay everyone, the Sens can't be horrible because the NHL will force them to reach the cap floor. Wowzers. What an idiot. There are so many ways for teams to shed salary by dumping contracts. Think of long term deals with low end year values but high AAV. A player's cap hit and the actual salary being paid by the club are two completely separate things. It's just so insulting to the collective intelligence of the fan base.

But even worse is the lack of hope that this instills. When they are THAT tone deaf and deceptive, what hope is there that anyone is competent enough to run that club?

Reactions: Sensung

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Wow I haven't seen that much bullshit spewed from Dorion and the COO in a back to back since Boucher's latest excuses for playing back to back games.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
He is the COO, not the Director of PR for the Senators ....... but I don't think they even have someone designated as one, which is a problem.
Maybe sending him on a media tour to does the flames of Melnyk's bizarre statement was probably a bad idea. Maybe only let Aimee Deziel speak in public.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Anyone who thinks that Ian Mendes and the local media is soft on the team is missing out right now on the pre-game show.

Mendes & the round table have their fangs out and are feasting on this team.

Chris Stevenson in particular is dropping truth bombs all over the studio right now.

Is there a written summary/highlights somewhere that I can read behind corporate firewall? Highly appreciated.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
There was like a whole 10 minutes before Ruszkowski showed up that was the good part.

It's a shame they didn't upload the whole segment.
But normally they do, right? Not just the round table, but the entire pre-game show is normally uploaded and available on the audio page.

SensHulk

May 31, 2016
San Jose, CA

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
It should be pointed out that, unless I'm wrong, he wasn't scheduled to join them. It's as though he was listening to them ripping apart the statements from Melnyk and then barged his way on air to "defend" him. So bizarre.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
It should be pointed out that, unless I'm wrong, he wasn't scheduled to join them. It's as though he was listening to them ripping apart the statements from Melnyk and then barged his way on air to "defend" him. So bizarre.
Does he post here by any chance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->