The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Eugene Melnyk statement basically dodged all morning. Shawn Simpson even stated at one point "The pulse around the Ottawa Senators is positive, and it starts at the top with ownership and downward" .

(To Simmer's defence, he generally has no idea where his commentary are going)

The least these guys could do was try their best to not make it so obvious that the message is being controlled.
Don't expect deep conversations on a morning show. People are getting ready for work, tuning in for short periods of time.

Reactions: Smash88

Inkling

Same Old Hockey
Nov 27, 2006
Ottawa
Eugene Melnyk statement basically dodged all morning. Shawn Simpson even stated at one point "The pulse around the Ottawa Senators is positive, and it starts at the top with ownership and downward" .

Listen to TSN690 if you want to hear a discussion of Melnyk's statement. What's there to say though? Basically just said that no one believes it.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

(To Simmer's defence, he generally has no idea where his commentary are going)

The least these guys could do was try their best to not make it so obvious that the message is being controlled.

I'm not trying to challenge you or anything, but have you ever called in, to add to the conversation they have on TGOR?

I know there's not nearly enough time allotted for listeners to call in, and there should be more.

I know their format is "morning talk" and they recycle their comments on any given issue, numerous time over the four hours............ but I remember when they took more calls, and it made for some interesting debates.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
I'm not trying to challenge you or anything, but have you ever called in, to add to the conversation they have on TGOR?

I know there's not nearly enough time allotted for listeners to call in, and there should be more.

I know their format is "morning talk" and they recycle their comments on any given issue, numerous time over the four hours............ but I remember when they took more calls, and it made for some interesting debates.
Thanks for your advice. Would listen, but you don't really listen to anyone else, so I will pass.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Pretty tough for a media personality to call the owner a liar - but the fanbase will happily do it.

To just say the words ‘Ottawa Senators’ is a negative connotation. To say the name ‘Poo-Jeans Melnyck’ is a negative connotation. So as soon as the subject of ownership or team direction or team vision is spoken of, how can you avoid being negative? It’s not so mich a fine balance as it is trying not to get dirty in the pig pen.

As an aside, this is great news for Melnycks liver donor. He did promise her a Stanley Cup, so this promise of multiple Stanley Cups and an unprecedented run of success even more then the Oilers 4 year run is going to be a real payback and promise fulfilled. And as Melnyck says, he always delivers.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Anyone who thinks that Ian Mendes and the local media is soft on the team is missing out right now on the pre-game show.

Mendes & the round table have their fangs out and are feasting on this team.

Chris Stevenson in particular is dropping truth bombs all over the studio right now.
Thanks for the heads up, I've been waiting for this.

Edit: Then they bring in Ruszckowski. No thanks.

Reactions: BonkTastic

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Edit: Then they bring in Ruszckowski. No thanks.

Ruszkowski sounds like the smuggest prick on earth.

He has a way of talking that makes me want to punch every baby kitten on the internet.

He also, very clearly, is not answering any of these questions with any real integrity. He's taking 10 minutes on every question to deliver talking points and half-answers rather than be truthful about anything.

ANYWAYS, the round table up until Ruszkowski sucked the air out of ths room was fantastic. I encourage anyone to look it up once it goes up on the website.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa

He has a way of talking that makes me want to punch every baby kitten on the internet.

He also, very clearly, is not answering any of these questions with any real integrity. He's taking 10 minutes on every question to deliver talking points and half-answers rather than be truthful about anything.

My takeaway from that as well.

Mendes and Stevenson tried to ask heavy questions, but they got the run around.

Especially at the end when Stevenson directly asked him if they didn't keep stone ans Duchene if they'd dip into free agency to replace him .

Still got a say nothing answer

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Nick literally just used the fact that there is a cap floor as a silver lining to trading the UFA's.

He essentially said that fans shouldn't be fed up if we lose these guys because since there is a cap floor, that means the Ottawa Senators are required to spend that much, so if we trade too many away, they will still have to meet the cap floor and "re-invest" any losses that bring them below the cap floor. WHAT THE ACTUAL f*** NONSENSE IS THAT?

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon

ANYWAYS, the round table up until Ruszkowski sucked the air out of ths room was fantastic. I encourage anyone to look it up once it goes up on the website.
I know it's trendy to dump on the team, but seriously, Nick is a friggen mess and might be the worst of the bunch at pr. Nothing but in one ear out the other condescending responses.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Anyone who thinks that Ian Mendes and the local media is soft on the team is missing out right now on the pre-game show.

Mendes & the round table have their fangs out and are feasting on this team.

Chris Stevenson in particular is dropping truth bombs all over the studio right now.

Thankfully Dean Brown is on right now to downplay everything.

Reactions: FunkySeeFunkyDoo

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
Nick literally just used the fact that there is a cap floor as a silver lining to trading the UFA's.

He essentially said that fans shouldn't be fed up if we lose these guys because since there is a cap floor, that means the Ottawa Senators are required to spend that much, so if we trade too many away, they will still have to meet the cap floor and "re-invest" any losses that bring them below the cap floor. WHAT THE ACTUAL **** NONSENSE IS THAT?

Yeah, that was what really pissed me off about an already maddening interview. Felt like that was the only truthful thing he said but he thought it was a positive when in fact it was rather infuriating lol.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
That was a good interview with good questions. @ianmendes and Stevenson asked questions that fans want answers for.

Unfortunately, all Ruszkowski had to offer were long-winded non-answers. How this guy made a career in PR is a mystery to me.

But hey, fans should look at the bright side. As Nick said, the CBA mandates the team to spend to the cap floor. So losing Stone and Duchene is actually an opportunity that we should be excited about.

These guys just can't do or say anything right. I'll continue not buying tickets, alongside most people in Ottawa.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Yeah, that was what really pissed me off about an already maddening interview. Felt like that was the only truthful thing he said but he thought it was a positive when in fact it was rather infuriating lol.

That was a good interview with good questions. @ianmendes and Stevenson asked questions that fans want answers for.

Unfortunately, all Ruszkowski had to offer were long-winded non-answers. How this guy made a career in PR is a mystery to me.

But hey, fans should look at the bright side. As Nick said, the CBA mandates the team to spend to the cap floor. So losing Stone and Duchene is actually an opportunity that we should be excited about.

These guys just can't do or say anything right. I'll continue not buying tickets, alongside most people in Ottawa.
Agreed, great job this time with the interview until Nick came in and seemed a little offended at some of the questions.

I could hardly believe my ears when he said that piece about the cap floor.

Senscore

Let's keep it cold
Nov 19, 2012

He essentially said that fans shouldn't be fed up if we lose these guys because since there is a cap floor, that means the Ottawa Senators are required to spend that much, so if we trade too many away, they will still have to meet the cap floor and "re-invest" any losses that bring them below the cap floor. WHAT THE ACTUAL **** NONSENSE IS THAT?

ActualRegularKakapo-size_restricted.gif

Reactions: SenatorsHockey

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON

You can tell how much of a scumbag he is even before looking at his job title.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad