The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
As a dude that listens to 690 sometimes, Tony Marinaro is grating, and annoying. Passion is there for sure, but you get him plugging his pizza and bagel restaurant every 10 minutes, followed by a shot of Knuckle monotone for an hour. (And I love Chris Nilan but he shouldn’t ever be given a microphone without a wing man.

Big difference between Montreal and Ottawa fans is Montreal fans believe god is a Habs fan and good thing will come to le tricolour. Ottawa fans don’t ever believe, and when we actually did let ourselves believe it could happen, Anaheim snubbed that dream out pretty quick and now we are the laughing stock of the league.

Montreal is an optimistic market, Ottawa is a pessimistic market.

Reactions: Hockeytalk2424

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
I agree with you but Ian mendes used to actually say it how it is by not being afraid to criticize the team. But as of late he’s been continue to ignore it and won’t talk about melnyk and the gong show that is the organization

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I agree with you but Ian mendes used to actually say it how it is by not being afraid to criticize the team. But as of late he’s been continue to ignore it and won’t talk about melnyk and the gong show that is the organization

Saying the name ‘Ottawa Senators’ these days is a criticism of the team.

my guess is the NHL is looking to disembowel Melnyck in short order, if Friedman is saying the Feds think The Senators are so toxic that they’ll impact a federal election (which is BS IMO but stories like these are floated for a reason) the reasoning there is Melnyck is not only Efeecting the NHL ability to negotiate with the NCC but probably also Calgary and 2 stadiums is worth more then 1 owner works from Barbados and embarrasses the NHL on a semi annual basis.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
What more is there to say that hasn't already been said? Seems like you are 1 month late with your observations.

Filatov2Kovalev2Bonk

Effortless sexy.
Jul 13, 2006
Cumberland
I do if one of Sweden, Finland or Russia are in. Looking good so far!
As for the TSN1200, pretty decent of late. Of course you would like them to be more critical and to take a long look at team construction (too many big facepunchers, not nearly enough puck movement or speed from the backend, age spread of forwards not nearly conducing to team success, Brady Tkachuk being overplayed and leash too long, deployment issues...) but they are constrained by commercial time limits and so on.

One thing I'd like to see if The J.R. or someone doing an all-nighter when the season is over, to let fans vent like we used to when the Leafs would beat us. Of course you block people that are just batty (or Irish Tommy, because he's basically a brain drain) but that would beat any town hall.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Does anyone care about the world juniors if Canada isn't playing?

USA captures my interest. Norris , Sens prospect plays a key role; The Hughes brothers are fun to watch. Both games today should be good. I like junior hockey and this is as good as that gets.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
One thing I'd like to see if The J.R. or someone doing an all-nighter when the season is over, to let fans vent like we used to when the Leafs would beat us. Of course you block people that are just batty (or Irish Tommy, because he's basically a brain drain) but that would beat any town hall.

Irish Tommy.....now that's entertaining! Love it when he calls everyone out. Sports talk radio needs a few "characters" to lighten things up.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Do you want to hear it on the radio?

Sucks that it cuts into The Drive of all shows, but yeah, I think it's still worth listening to. I'll be tuning into the 1st part of the USA/Russia game on the radio since I'll still be at work.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
As a dude that listens to 690 sometimes, Tony Marinaro is grating, and annoying. Passion is there for sure, but you get him plugging his pizza and bagel restaurant every 10 minutes, followed by a shot of Knuckle monotone for an hour. (And I love Chris Nilan but he shouldn’t ever be given a microphone without a wing man.

Big difference between Montreal and Ottawa fans is Montreal fans believe god is a Habs fan and good thing will come to le tricolour. Ottawa fans don’t ever believe, and when we actually did let ourselves believe it could happen, Anaheim snubbed that dream out pretty quick and now we are the laughing stock of the league.

Montreal is an optimistic market, Ottawa is a pessimistic market.

It's almost like 24 Stanley Cups and being the most storied franchise in the league that has generations of fans with a history of winning it all leads them to have higher expectations and more "positive" than fans of a 90s expansion team that got to the finals once and had years of playoff disappointments, and ownership with financial limitations since its existence tends to have a negative effect or psyche of its fanbase.

Reactions: PeterSidorkiewicz

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
I do if one of Sweden, Finland or Russia are in. Looking good so far!
As for the TSN1200, pretty decent of late. Of course you would like them to be more critical and to take a long look at team construction (too many big facepunchers, not nearly enough puck movement or speed from the backend, age spread of forwards not nearly conducing to team success, Brady Tkachuk being overplayed and leash too long, deployment issues...) but they are constrained by commercial time limits and so on.

Also I

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
What more is there to say that hasn't already been said? Seems like you are 1 month late with your observations.
You can be serious the team is in last place and doesn’t have a first round pick. Team is playing guys like boro and ceci and they’re fringe nhl d man. Owner is being sued for 1 billion. Talk about how bad the Hoffman trade was. There’s lots of things

Hockeytalk2424

Jan 2, 2019
Sucks that it cuts into The Drive of all shows, but yeah, I think it's still worth listening to. I'll be tuning into the 1st part of the USA/Russia game on the radio since I'll still be at work.
It also sucks that they continue to put lee versage on the radio, I wish they would realize it’s hurting the station and causing people to not listen to the station

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
You can be serious the team is in last place and doesn’t have a first round pick. Team is playing guys like boro and ceci and they’re fringe nhl d man. Owner is being sued for 1 billion. Talk about how bad the Hoffman trade was. There’s lots of things
Did you just start listening yesterday? Everything you reference has been talked about Like when they actually happened.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Not true man my entire office about 50 people said they don’t listen to tsn 1200 anymore when lee is on because he’s a brutal
giphy.gif

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
I agree with this tsn 1200 is afraid to say anything negative about the team. Tsn 690 actually criticizes there team when they suck. Instead tsn 1200 wastes people’s time with simmer down segments and continues to ignore the gong show that is the Ottawa Senators

Rerally? I dont listen to the morning show, so I dunno what they say. But the other two shows have been very critical of the team.

Reactions: Smash88

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

In 3 weeks, Ottawa could have a new Lebreton deal, sign Stone and make him Captain, sign Duchene and get some vibes happening....this won’t happen, but when you talk about a team on a precipus - Ottawa right now could completely turn their team and ownership around or we’ll just fall into a deeper state of indifference.

If Melnyck can sign 3 contracts in the next 3 weeks he can turn it all around. Lou Lamourillo could do all this by 5pm today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->