The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Man Steve Warne is just so ****ing terrible on the radio.

Hes pretty much just a fan on the radio but the difference is that he has no idea wtf hes talking about.

He's like an average fan with average knowledge, which is fine and great and all. But not when your god damn job is to talk sports and have extensive knowledge of the sport that you're covering.

I heard him say that Bryan Adams is Canadian Bruce Springsteen this morning. I nearly drove off the 417.

That's usually how people get off the 417 anyways.

Last edited:

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Guess TSN weekend is done. Makes sense the only show that talks mostly about sports and doesn't have many commercials gets bumped. I will mostly listen to sports on 1310am on the weekends.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Why all the hate. Plenty of people pick on Lee and they don't get ragged on. I think you must be Simmer's lover. Sorry, didn't know you had to be in a special cliché to write on it and had to love every one you say it the best on the radio.

It’s because that’s all you do. If you contributed something else we wouldn’t comment on it. I’ve yet to see a post from you where you don’t bash Simmer. Sure, other people bash Lee, Lloyd, Warne whoever, but they post about other things too.

Why do you listen to the Drive if you hate Simmer so much? If I disliked a radio personality as much as you dislike Simmer I just wouldn’t listen when they were on.

Reactions: Radiogirl

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Luke Richardson is a hockey stud in every sense of the word, he could be managing Team England right now just based on his leadership ability and how good he’d look in a waistcoat.

But to think of the management team Dorion could have around him now with an extra $2 million in salary taken front debt services - Richardson, Alfredsson, Jason Smith, mix in some guys who are getting their careers started like Burrows, Neil, Kelly. The first person Dorion should of hired was Luke Richardson, maybe not to coach the team, but he should of never of let him get away. I remember Lukes voice when Dorion didn’t even give him an interview for HC job, he sounded frustrated.

Unreal to think of the experts and leaders out there who’d give decades of dedication and passion to the Ottawa Senators that have soured relationships or cant get paid.

It’s almost as if the church has lost its flock. Praise Alfie.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Luke Richardson is a hockey stud in every sense of the word, he could be managing Team England right now just based on his leadership ability and how good he’d look in a waistcoat.

But to think of the management team Dorion could have around him now with an extra $2 million in salary taken front debt services - Richardson, Alfredsson, Jason Smith, mix in some guys who are getting their careers started like Burrows, Neil, Kelly. The first person Dorion should of hired was Luke Richardson, maybe not to coach the team, but he should of never of let him get away. I remember Lukes voice when Dorion didn’t even give him an interview for HC job, he sounded frustrated.

Unreal to think of the experts and leaders out there who’d give decades of dedication and passion to the Ottawa Senators that have soured relationships or cant get paid.

Luke wasn't ideal for the job then.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau

Luke Richardson played Zach Stortini on the first line. He wasn't that great of a coach, the results speak for themselves.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Luke wasn't ideal for the job then.

Maybe, maybe bot - but men like this should be cherished. I can tellyou he'd be a better Asst GM then Randy Lee.

There are guys out there that get it 100% - Luke is one of those guys. And to think he wanted a bigger part of the responsibility to get the team back on track and wasn't welcomed into the group - poor management.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Maybe, maybe bot - but men like this should be cherished. I can tellyou he'd be a better Asst GM then Randy Lee.

There are guys out there that get it 100% - Luke is one of those guys. And to think he wanted a bigger part of the responsibility to get the team back on track and wasn't welcomed into the group - poor management.

Isn't he only interested in coaching at this point?

I don't blame PD for passing up on him as a head coach, it's not like he's gone on to light the world on fire. That being said, I'd take him back as an assistant in Ottawa if he's not being brought back to the Islanders.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Isn't he only interested in coaching at this point?

I don't blame PD for passing up on him as a head coach, it's not like he's gone on to light the world on fire. That being said, I'd take him back as an assistant in Ottawa if he's not being brought back to the Islanders.

I would support this.

When did the Sports Radio Thread become the Luke Richardson thread?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->