The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
JR's trying to blame management, another moron who very well knows that this story broke late March, after the trade deadline. He doesn't know, and none of us do, when Dorion would have been made aware. He is either intellectually dishonest, or obtuse. Or a moron. Johnson wouldn't bite because he is smarter than JR.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
JR's trying to blame management, another moron who very well knows that this story broke late March, after the trade deadline. He doesn't know, and none of us do, when Dorion would have been made aware. He is either intellectually dishonest, or obtuse. Or a moron. Johnson wouldn't bite because he is smarter than JR.

So then who are you blaming??

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

This post makes no sense.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Jebus....phenomenally bad take by Warne. I guess he's on the run Karlsson out of town train. As if this day hasn't been enough of an embarrassment.

My theory is that the media is just sad that this soap opera is ending. What he's really trying to say is, "I would love to get some more inside gossip about the drama between the Sens wives and girlfriends so that we can keep talking about it on the radio." What it came across as, of course, was victim blaming. I actually don't mind Steve, but this was definitely a terrible take on his part...

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Did anyone hear these two things from Garrioch's interview on TGOR?

1) There were deals on the table and teams interested in Bobby Ryan on his own at the deadline
2) There was also a deal in place for Zach Smith.

WTF??!!?? Why the heck wouldn't Dorion pull the trigger on any of these especially with a team that wants to shed salary at all costs.

Reactions: gab6511 and Bileur

Very Stable Genius

#WeLostOurKarlssons
Jan 3, 2005
Chicago

1) There were deals on the table and teams interested in Bobby Ryan on his own at the deadline

WTF??!!?? Why the heck wouldn't Dorion pull the trigger on any of these especially with a team that wants to shed salary at all costs.

They probably involved us taking bad contracts back.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
They probably involved us taking bad contracts back.

May also do with the fact that our front office consists of 2 men barely qualified for their jobs and half of management was too busy trying to trade our generational defenceman. I feel like lots of phone calls and emails went unanswered around the trade deadline.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

Take everything he says with a grain of salt. The dude 24 hours right before Hoffman traded for scraps posting a similar article as today's saying the return might be a 1st rounder + a good prospect. His articles and his career are essentially fluff pieces for the organization to drum up interest in their unwanted players. This organization has done negotiations through the media since Bryan Murray was hired, whether to drum up trade interest or signing a player.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Take everything he says with a grain of salt. The dude 24 hours right before Hoffman traded for scraps posting a similar article as today's saying the return might be a 1st rounder + a good prospect. His articles and his career are essentially fluff pieces for the organization to drum up interest in their unwanted players. This organization has done negotiations through the media since Bryan Murray was hired, whether to drum up trade interest or signing a player.
or running them out of town.

RICKY SPANISH

Aug 16, 2016
Ah yes..

1. State of the franchise in general dismay
2. Rumours swirl surrounding the franchise player and owner
3. NHL Draft is this evening, Top 5 pick
4. Free agency is a week away
etc., etc...

Lets cut to the World Cup pregame show!

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Yea what horse**** coverage.
I look at it this way. With Mendes only on later tonight, I can only take so much of the shallow daytime coverage of the state of the franchise. I actually welcome something different for a few hours.

Plus, they promised to cut to straight local programming if a trade happened.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
I look at it this way. With Mendes only on later tonight, I can only take so much of the shallow daytime coverage of the state of the franchise. I actually welcome something different for a few hours.

Plus, they promised to cut to straight local programming if a trade happened.
Sure but what about for people not tuning in from the get go? You turn on the radio on trade day expecting to hear trade talk and you get coverage for soccer.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Sure but what about for people not tuning in from the get go? You turn on the radio on trade day expecting to hear trade talk and you get coverage for soccer.
tenor.gif

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015

Well perhaps the notion that the team wants to shed salary "at all costs" is not a hard cold fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->