The Official Ottawa Sports Radio Thread #5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Do I really need to explain it to you?

OK, when telling his side of the story, he can say anything, and if it's a "he said vs I said" point .......... it's kinda convenient if the "he" can't respond.
Just because Murray isn't here, like other posters have mentioned, doesn't mean its not believable.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Ya, isn't honesty what we all seek from hockey player interviews? Otherwise it's just another pointless go-through-the-motions batch of responses. If that's how Mike truly felt when he was here, then that's the way it is.

Mike's interview gave an interesting perspective of how an outsider perceived the franchise when they arrived. I have no problem with having a guy like him on.

In any case, here is the interview.. there are some nasty bits of shade thrown:

The Boys get #InOne with Mike Commodore

Yeah, I posted that before I listened to it. It was a good interview. Commodore is a very forthcoming guy. Very refreshing to hear. The thing about him wanting to come back, but Murray telling the media otherwise was interesting.

Zorf

Apparently I'm entitled?
Jan 4, 2008
Guys I'd like to hear from:

Dean McAmmond (one of my personal faves)
Randy Robitaille
some of the old school dudes like Denis Vial or Denny Lambert
Alexi Yashin
Wade Redden
Shawn McEachern
And Andy Sutton...just to hear him talk about the "So you're an expert" hit.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Guys I'd like to hear from:

Dean McAmmond (one of my personal faves)
Randy Robitaille
some of the old school dudes like Denis Vial or Denny Lambert
Alexi Yashin
Wade Redden
Shawn McEachern
And Andy Sutton...just to hear him talk about the "So you're an expert" hit.

Tom Preissing? He and Ian can reminisce about their time at the Rideau Centre.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
It was a great interview. What he said about Murray and talking contracts was very believable. Murray used the media so he never looked bad.

Funniest part is when he said the Sens put him up in the Holiday in and gave him 10 year old Colorado Avalanche with a burnt out headlight.

The Senators put everyone in the holiday inn select in Kanata at that point. And opposing teams stayed there too.

I worked there back then lol. I met a bunch of Senators at that point, mostly traded players and callups. I have an good story about Schubert that probably can't be posted here. Musicians would always stay there too, pretty much anybody who came to town to do something at the Corel Center. Its not an elite hotel, but its a nice hotel. If someone is upset about staying there for a few months for free . . . i dunno what they expect.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
The Senators put everyone in the holiday inn select in Kanata at that point. And opposing teams stayed there too.

I worked there back then lol. I met a bunch of Senators at that point, mostly traded players and callups. I have an good story about Schubert that probably can't be posted here. Musicians would always stay there too, pretty much anybody who came to town to do something at the Corel Center. Its not an elite hotel, but its a nice hotel. If someone is upset about staying there for a few months for free . . . i dunno what they expect.

Also Commodore is a multi millionaire. He couldn't afford to rent a furnished place for a $2500 a month for the 2 months he was here? He calls the Sens cheap, what's cheaper then sitting on $20 million and calling someone else cheap for not getting off your bum and making yourself happy.

Cheaping out on your own happiness. Mike Commodore is as cheap as they come.

Reactions: IWantMyParade

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Also Commodore is a multi millionaire. He couldn't afford to rent a furnished place for a $2500 a month for the 2 months he was here? He calls the Sens cheap, what's cheaper then sitting on $20 million and calling someone else cheap for not getting off your bum and making yourself happy.

I realize the hotel(not many in Kanata) but the truck was funny.

I remember getting autographs after a game years ago and Karlsson and Brian Lee were driving crappy car/truck. Donovan Had a real beat up pick up. Alfie, Porche Cayenne.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City

Saturday night, making it rain on myself.

mike-commodore-money.jpg

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I realize the hotel(not many in Kanata) but the truck was funny.

I remember getting autographs after a game years ago and Karlsson and Brian Lee were driving crappy car/truck. Donovan Had a real beat up pick up. Alfie, Porche Cayenne.

Dono I bet is still driving that truck, he looks like a guy who'd enjoy wrestling with a beat up pickup. He's got a sweet pad, so it's not for lack of money.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Saturday night, making it rain on myself.

mike-commodore-money.jpg

Don Cherry does say hockey players are the cheapest people in the world. This photo would prove that. He looks like he's in a teenaged girls dorm room, and the chew and palm pilot next to the bed only add to the cheap feel. Get an iphone you cheapskate.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
Dono I bet is still driving that truck, he looks like a guy who'd enjoy wrestling with a beat up pickup. He's got a sweet pad, so it's not for lack of money.
Think he’s driving a big Mercedes suv. He’s got a few kids to Uber around.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Which musicians stayed there while you were there?

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Which musicians stayed there while you were there?

Some country stars I don't remember their names. I remember the dixie chicks cause I loaded their absolutely ridonkulous amount of luggage onto their buss.

Nickleback, The Hip. There are some others that are slipping my mind.

Some actors stayed there too. Ben Alfeck, Mogan Freeman and James Cromwell when they shot a movie in the diefenbunker. I think it was the Sum of All Fears.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Don Cherry does say hockey players are the cheapest people in the world. This photo would prove that. He looks like he's in a teenaged girls dorm room, and the chew and palm pilot next to the bed only add to the cheap feel. Get an iphone you cheapskate.
I think that photo was from like 10 years ago or maybe more.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Some country stars I don't remember their names. I remember the dixie chicks cause I loaded their absolutely ridonkulous amount of luggage onto their buss.

Nickleback, The Hip. There are some others that are slipping my mind.

Some actors stayed there too. Ben Alfeck, Mogan Freeman and James Cromwell when they shot a movie in the diefenbunker. I think it was the Sum of All Fears.

Yep, it was the Sum of all fears. That was filmed in early 2001. I remember hearing they were filming in the diefenbunker.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Really enjoyed the Commodore interview, knowing his personality it was hard for me to see how it would be a miss beforehand, not let down!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Mendes just tweeted that Jacques Martin will be the guest this week. Should be a good interview.

Imagine there will be a stark contrast between those two interviews, appreciate JM as a coach, imo it's doubtful he will reveal much if anything at all regarding behind the scenes Sens due to his nature.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->