The OFFICIAL Northeastern Huskies Thread

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
Frozen Fenway was a great experience. Really glad I made it out to the game. Shame we couldn't pull out a W though. Same goes for the BU game on Friday. Had we won those 2 we'd probably be top 10. Our chances in Hockey East are looking kind of grim. Need another strong push from the guys.

Anybody else going to make it up to Lowell this weekend? The River Hawks are looking good. Should be an exciting game.

GO HUSKIES!!!

No, but Lowell is going to be a tough test for the Huskies because the River Hawks are looking really, really good right now.

I saw the BU game and was really disappointed in the team's overall composure. The parade to the penalty box never seemed to end, especially in the 2nd period. Add to that some really bad turnovers and you've got a recipe for a loss. The Terriers are way too talented to give them those kinds of opportunities that often. And if that happens again against Lowell, the River Hawks will just eat them alive.

Hopefully, they can get back to playing some good ol' fashion Huskies hockey (with a bit more discipline) against Lowell this weekend.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
No, but Lowell is going to be a tough test for the Huskies because the River Hawks are looking really, really good right now.

I saw the BU game and was really disappointed in the team's overall composure. The parade to the penalty box never seemed to end, especially in the 2nd period. Add to that some really bad turnovers and you've got a recipe for a loss. The Terriers are way too talented to give them those kinds of opportunities that often. And if that happens again against Lowell, the River Hawks will just eat them alive.

Hopefully, they can get back to playing some good ol' fashion Huskies hockey (with a bit more discipline) against Lowell this weekend.

Two top line players (Cody Ferriero and Braden Pimm) were out for the weekend for a (really, really dumb) rules violation. Maybe their return will screw the Huskies' heads back on.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Frozen Fenway was a great experience. Really glad I made it out to the game. Shame we couldn't pull out a W though. Same goes for the BU game on Friday. Had we won those 2 we'd probably be top 10. Our chances in Hockey East are looking kind of grim. Need another strong push from the guys.

Anybody else going to make it up to Lowell this weekend? The River Hawks are looking good. Should be an exciting game.

GO HUSKIES!!!

I may be going up there. I love that arena.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN

Yep. As soon as I saw Manson take the 5-minute misconduct penalty I knew we were in trouble. I like that kid because he's Anaheim property and has a ton of grit but he's screwed the team multiple times with that stuff.

We really needed those BU & BC wins. Hopefully we can recover.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Huskies complete the sweep of Vermont after winning 4-2 tonight. A good 4 point weekend. Keep the wins coming....we need all of them. :nod:

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Quailer out 2-3 weeks with sprained ACL/MCL.

Was just about to post this. Some depressing chatter over at USCHO. Ferriero out for the season? :help:

All I want is to win the Beanpot. With Quailer & Ferriero out I can't see this team doing enough damage to make the NCAA Tourney. Hopefully we can pull off a few upsets in the Hockey East Tournament.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Congrats to our lady Huskies for winning the Beanpot!

Men's team....where to begin? :shakehead

That was soooo brutal. One of the worst sports weekends I've ever endured. Mistakes in their own end, poor goaltending; as Madigan put it, "It was like men versus boys out there". BC played really well and they poured it on good. I honestly think at this point, it seems like Madigan is struggling to keep hold his team accountable and give the right players ice time. The guy knows talent/chemistry when he sees it for sure, but having the right lines set up will only get you so far.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
USHL Player of the Year Kevin Roy and brother Derick have committed to Northeastern for the fall. Really exciting news.

May our darkness reign for a thousand years!

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
It's gonna be an interesting year for NU. Lots of departures...and not just due to graduation or going pro either.

The latest departure? Former NU fan have Rob Dongara. He's transferring to rival UMass. I've always liked Dongara and I'm sad to see him leave NU.

I guess the Huskies loss is the Minutemen's gain.

rattymcrat99

Feb 20, 2007
Hudson Falls, NY
www.twitter.com
I can't say I'm surprised to see Dong leave. Madigan didn't play him much last year, the explanation I saw was that Dong didn't fit in Madigan's system. Hopefully he can get his career back on track, except when he is playing against us.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Really looking forward to next week's exhibition game. Matthews should be rocking every game as long as the NHL lockout continues. I have friends that are NU fans by proxy that can't wait to watch some Husky hockey while their Bruins are nowhere near TD Garden. :handclap:

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Went to the game last Saturday @ BC. NU looked like a completely different team. From the get-go they just looked like they didn't give a damn. I hope this isn't a sign of things to come. :facepalm:

Oilers Chick

Jun 7, 2002
Philly in April 2014
Visit site
The Huskies will be facing BC for the Beanpot championship next Monday.

Roy nets his first career hat trick (you just knew that it would only be a matter of time that he would) and played a great game.

As impressed as I was of Roy, another Husky who I thought played just as well, even if he didn't post a single point was Braden Pimm. The kid worked his tailed off and made some really good plays that helped give the Huskies some good scoring opportunities.

I think the two things (aside from Roy's scoring) that NU did that allowed them to win were:

1) They did a good job of keeping BU's speed in check throughout the game. There were some lapses, but overall did a good job.

2) The Huskies were relentless on the forecheck. Loved that check by Josh Manson. Couldn't believe he got penalized for that. It was a clean check, but I guess the refs sent him to sin bin because he left his feet.

I didn't think this was one of BU's best games either. Several times throughout the game, they looked out of sync and just didn't play to their strengths. When they did, they made it tough on NU. But I give props to NU for taking BU off their game.

One thing the Huskies will need to improve/fix when they face BC next Monday is limiting the odd-man rushes. I thought they gave up way too many to BU. And as good as BC skates and with their team speed, if NU allows the same (or more) odd-man rushes that they did against BU, NU isn't winning the Beanpot. In the other semis vs. Harvard, BC used their speed really well and if they get going, it could spell trouble for the Huskies.

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to watching the championship game. It should be fun.

teal

Aug 8, 2006
Congrats to our lady Huskies for winning the Beanpot!

Men's team....where to begin? :shakehead

Was perusing this to see if anyone else had been following the W's team. I went to NU games specifically to watch Kendall Coyne play... she is ridiculously good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->