The OFFICIAL Northeastern Huskies Thread

SkinsFan09

Jun 10, 2009
Brooklyn
@MikeMcMahonET Mike McMahon

Haar and Gaudreau could conceivably still end up at Northeastern. Would want to talk to the new hire, I'm sure. De-committed for now.

Bennrocks

Mar 19, 2011
Hey guys... Stars fan here. What do you think the chance of Oleksiak leaving and going CHL/AHL route now that Cronin is gone. I see that 2 players have decommited due to his leaving so it seems he was a fairly integral part of Northeasterns appeal

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
Hey guys... Stars fan here. What do you think the chance of Oleksiak leaving and going CHL/AHL route now that Cronin is gone. I see that 2 players have decommited due to his leaving so it seems he was a fairly integral part of Northeasterns appeal

Some good sources are saying that Oleksiak will be returning to NU this year. I'd say there's a 25% chance he leaves for the OHL at this point.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
I have been hearing that supposed incoming freshman Justin Kovacs has decommitted as well. He was a top line forward for the Cedar Rapids Roughriders last year.

herbst20

Jul 8, 2011
John Gaudreau tweeted last night that he was "Uncommitted"

Wonder where he will end up.

Edges7*

Feb 25, 2010
MA
http://www.warriorrinkrat.com/2011/10/northeastern-receives-commitment-from.html

Northeastern received a verbal commitment from Lincoln (USHL) forward Zachary Aston-Reese, who was rumored to sign with the Kitchner Rangers (OHL) over the summer, which would have negated his NCAA eligibility.

Aston-Reese didn't sign with Kitchner, after his rights were received in a trade with Sault Ste Marie in the offseason. Kitchner head coach Steve Spott told the Waterloo Region Record on Sept. 20 that they "couldn't offer him a deal at this time." Kitchner continues to hold his CHL rights.

Aston-Reese was originally committed to Brown, but expressed interest in signing with Kitchner after he was traded from the Soo.

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Heartbreaking collapse last night. Still kinda in a bad mood because of it. Huskies lose both games this weekend. Hopefully next weekend will be better.

vs. Merrimack

vs. BC

Press conference after BC

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Huskies just beat #11 Michigan 4-1 in Michigan. Sounded like the entire team played well. Rawlings has been a brick wall as of late. Hopefully they keep this up. I'm on my way to South Bend for the Notre Dame games next weekend. :yo:

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
What are your thoughts on Quailer so far this season? I like what I saw in that video and he has 2 more assists so far tonight.

Well, Qualier's always been a bit of an enigma, but he's on a great line and is using his linear speed and reach to his advantage. What has most impressed me is, on top of some solid offensive production, Quailer has added penatly killer to his résumé. Personally I think with his skill set, he could be more selfish.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
wow what's going on with the Huskies? I saw the score against Notre Dame and my jaw dropped. I thought Northeastern was going to struggle big time this year but they seem to be on fire. Great to see, hope they can keep it up and nice to see Quailer leading the team in scoring.

NUhockey

Jul 6, 2010
Boston
wow what's going on with the Huskies? I saw the score against Notre Dame and my jaw dropped. I thought Northeastern was going to struggle big time this year but they seem to be on fire. Great to see, hope they can keep it up and nice to see Quailer leading the team in scoring.

They're certainly a talented team, and it seemed like all the gears were turning perfectly against Notre Dame. It seems they do this every year, struggle and go on to have a strong second half. The CCHA blogger for USCHO says a few unnamed sources have said the Irish were "sick with a virus" this weekend and implied that's why they lost. After watching the game on livestream I respectfully disagree. To me it looked like Quailer and co. were just too much. Viruses have nothing to do with sniping top corner.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
They're certainly a talented team, and it seemed like all the gears were turning perfectly against Notre Dame. It seems they do this every year, struggle and go on to have a strong second half. The CCHA blogger for USCHO says a few unnamed sources have said the Irish were "sick with a virus" this weekend and implied that's why they lost. After watching the game on livestream I respectfully disagree. To me it looked like Quailer and co. were just too much. Viruses have nothing to do with sniping top corner.

Well I can understand a virus but NU has rattled off 5 wins in a row with 4 of them being on the road and have scored 24 goals over the 5 game span. To sweep Notre Dame after coming off a big win vs Michigan is impressive, glad to see and hope they can make it 6 in a row before the break.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
Strange sort of game yesterday at Fenway.

BC controlled the first half...then all of a sudden in the second period Northeastern couldn't be stopped.

What do you guys think of Rawlings? He had a camp invite with the Isles and he certainly has the size to play at the next level.

It wasn't a "friendly Fenway" crowd for BC. :laugh:

TesseracT

Go Ducks! Go Huskies!
May 29, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Frozen Fenway was a great experience. Really glad I made it out to the game. Shame we couldn't pull out a W though. Same goes for the BU game on Friday. Had we won those 2 we'd probably be top 10. Our chances in Hockey East are looking kind of grim. Need another strong push from the guys.

Anybody else going to make it up to Lowell this weekend? The River Hawks are looking good. Should be an exciting game.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->