Movies: The Official "Movie of the Week" Club Thread III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I've been reading this thread for a while an am a big fan of all you guys reviews. If you guys would have me, I'd be kind of interested in joining. I think it may help me snap out of my idleness when it comes to watching movies. I used to watch them a lot but have slowed down in the past couple of years (probably due to literature taking up more of my free time now). The only thing is, where do you guys watch the chosen movies? Are they fairly accessible to find? Also, what's the time given to watch X movie?

Ralph Spoilsport

Jun 4, 2011
A six year old boy ventures into a forest to search for his missing dog, despite his fear that there may be a werewolf at large. He encounters a different kind of monster.

Valley of Shadows is the first movie I've seen to use the werewolf as a metaphor for heroin addiction. It is poignantly effective and reminds us that the werewolf is essentially a sympathetic figure. When that full moon rises he undergoes a transformation over which he has absolutely no control. He is a victim himself, unwillingly becoming a monster that the rest of the world fears and wants to destroy. Aslak's brother is a child consumed by this monster. This is a horror movie without sudden scares or in your face frights. Instead it asks us to embrace the monster rather than be repelled by it and maintains a chilly, "don't fear the reaper" vibe.

Valley of Shadows is short on plot but big on atmosphere, mood and tension, and one RT critic said it would be better as a short. I dunno…it seemed as long as it needed to be, but yeah, it's less about story and more about capturing a moment, which it does well. There's a smooth blend of the natural and supernatural worlds. The forest itself is like a monster: fenced in, with the wind snarling and trees rocking back and forth it looks like a wild animal straining to get free of a trap. There's great work all around, from the music to the cinematography, the acting, etc., but special credit should go to whoever operated the wind and fog machines.

Ralph Spoilsport

Jun 4, 2011
I've been reading this thread for a while an am a big fan of all you guys reviews. If you guys would have me, I'd be kind of interested in joining. I think it may help me snap out of my idleness when it comes to watching movies. I used to watch them a lot but have slowed down in the past couple of years (probably due to literature taking up more of my free time now). The only thing is, where do you guys watch the chosen movies? Are they fairly accessible to find? Also, what's the time given to watch X movie?

Sure, grab a seat, sit anywhere you like. You only have 362 movies to get caught up with, then you're in.

Hehe...just kidding of course. Welcome aboard. Time commitment is usually 2 hours to watch a movie and seven days to come up with something interesting to say about it. Easy! :laugh:

I usually source titles from my public library or online streaming like Hoopla or Kanopy. YouTube, in a pinch, has come through on a few occasions.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003

Welcome. I can't speak for anyone else but I source movies from all over -- various streaming services, even YouTube in some cases (which isn't ideal for quality but had worked in a pinch). I'm blessed with a pretty good local library system that has rarely been stumped.

Reviews post weekly but movies are scheduled about 4 weeks out, so whatever works for your watching preferences. I tend to consume in chunks and I'll watch 2-3 movies in the span of a few days, do my writing and just bank it for when the movie is up. That's just me though.

Reactions: Amerika

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I've been reading this thread for a while an am a big fan of all you guys reviews. If you guys would have me, I'd be kind of interested in joining. I think it may help me snap out of my idleness when it comes to watching movies. I used to watch them a lot but have slowed down in the past couple of years (probably due to literature taking up more of my free time now). The only thing is, where do you guys watch the chosen movies? Are they fairly accessible to find?
Welcome aboard and glad to hear that you are joining us. The movies change each week on Sunday, and the new movie of the week and the "coming attractions" are listed on page one. Are the movies accessible? Most are; some aren't. For the latter, libraries can be a big help, and for me, living in Toronto, the TIFF Film Library is a big help, too. "You Tube" has a surprising number of old movies, and you never know when you might get lucky on that site. 98% of the movies are available on the net somewhere. I avoid "piratimg" if I can, but I will do it if there is no other way to see the movie. Anyway join in whenever you like--I think I can safely say for the group that we all will look forward to what you have to say.

Last edited:

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
So, just to make sure I'm not dicking this up, I must watch Black Dynamite before Sunday, correct? Oh, and if it needs to be added as soon as possible, I will pick a personal favorite and one that does not appear to be on the list. My pick is Stanley Kubrick's Lolita.

Last edited:

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Black Dynamite (2009) dir. Scott Sanders

Black Dynamite (Michael Jai White) is a former CIA agent, Vietnam vet, kung-fu master, and community leader. Normally he keeps calm, but when his brother is killed he vows to find the ones responsible for the murder. It leads him on the trail of a conspiracy to spread a new potent drug in the black community. A conspiracy that goes all the way to tippity top.

Spoof films fail more often than they succeed, but Black Dynamite is in my opinion a clear success. I'm not a big expert on Blaxploitation, but I think Black Dynamite manages to embrace a lot of the stuff that attracts an audience to Blaxploitation to this day. Nonsense and incoherent dialogue, continuity errors, badly choreographed fight scenes etc. and probably most importantly, it's a snapshot of urban black culture in the 70s. Black Dynamite doesn't make fun of the movies it draws inspiration from, even though it admits that most of them were quite badly made. It's more of a love letter from dedicated fans of the genre.

One of the hardest things you can do is probably write a purposely bad movie, and make it into a good movie, but I think the makers of Black Dynamite did just that. On the surface level the movie is quite bad. The story is ridiculous. The acting is often quite over the top. The fight scenes have punches which are several meters from connecting to anything but air. There's a boom mic showing at one point, there's actors saying stuff like, "the militants turn around" instead of just their lines. Of course it was all crafted to be that way, and I think it manages to walk a very fine line where it never becomes too over the top bad. But in each scene it also seems there are gags going several layers deep, which means that it keeps being funny and fresh every time I watch it, because there's always something new to discover in it.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
My next pick is Akira Kurosawa's Dreams.

So, just to make sure I'm not dicking this up, I must watch Black Dynamite before Sunday, correct? Oh, and if it needs to be added as soon as possible, I will pick a personal favorite and one that does not appear to be on the list. My pick is Stanley Kubrick's Lolita.

Welcome aboard. Yes Black Dynamite is this week's movie, so preferably you'd have a review up before next Sunday this week. Don't sweat it too much if your review is a bit late from time to time. Life gets in the way for all of us from time to time.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Good pick. I forgot somehow that Kubrick directed that.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
6a00e54ee7b64288330120a6ad536d970c-500wi

Black Dynamite
(2009), Directed by Shawn Maurer and Scott Sanders

In order to enjoy this movie, it helps if:

A} You are a fan of Blaxploitation movies
B} You like US comedies
C) You think that off-the-cuff, "I thought of this at a party" parodies can be hilarious

That ain't me.

Black Dynamite
is a send-up of a genre that I never paid any attention to and could care less about. I only laughed once--but it was a good long laugh--and that was at a scene near the end when a group of characters give a long, impossibly detailed, intellectually referenced, quasi-literary send-up of an explanation of the "crime" that would have Agatha Christie rolling over in her grave. But most of the humour is lame and sophomoric, the stuff that probably has Midnight Madness audiences rolling in the aisles.

I was surprised to find out that the movie was made in 2009. Black Dynamite gets a lot of the '70s blaxploitation look right, but at this late date, who is going to want to see a parody of stuff that in some ways was already a parody to begin with nearly half a century ago? Judging from its lifetime gross of under a quarter of a million US, apparently not that many people.

Both directors appear to be white. Just sayin'.

Pranzo Oltranzista

Oct 18, 2017
Welcome aboard and glad to hear that you are joining us. The movies change each week on Sunday, and the new movie of the week and the "coming attractions" are listed on page one. Are the movies accessible? Most are; some aren't. For the latter, libraries can be a big help, and for me, living in Toronto, the TIFF Film Library is a big help, too. "You Tube" has a surprising number of old movies, and you never know when you might get lucky on that site. 98% of the movies are available on the net somewhere. I avoid "piratimg" if I can, but I will do it if there is no other way to see the movie. Anyway join in whenever you like--I think I can safely say for the group that we all will look forward to what you have to say.

Never understood how this group worked, thx! :)

Parts of me would love to join, and maybe I will at some point, but I know I'd skip a lot of stuff, so I'll just browse through the reviews for now.

Jevo

Oct 3, 2010
Both directors appear to be white. Just sayin'.

I'm sorry the movie wasn't your thing. I knew it was probably gonna be a love it or hate it kinda pick. Hopefully I'm not the only one of the love it side. :help:

But this little piece is incorrect. Scott Sanders is very much black, and Shawn Maurer might be white, but he's the cinematographer and not a director.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Black Dynamite
Sanders (2009)
“Ain’t nuthin in this world gets Black Dyanmite more mad then some jive-ass sucka dealin’ smack to the kids.”

Black Dynamite is your standard issue Blaxploitation hero. He’s a Vietnam vet. He knows Kung-fu. He’s a good guy, but has a bit of an edge. He certainly isn’t afraid to smack a woman. He hates drugs. Wants them off the street. His brother (who was undercover) is killed, bringing him back to town and vengeance is coming with him. This is basically the plot of many more serious movies. This is absolutely not a serious movie. Black Dyanmite takes all those notes and plays them to the absurdist, comedic hilt. Drug-addicted orphans, gangsters, thugs, government agents, a machine gun-wielding doughnut, Kung-fu Island, and a conspiracy that goes all the way to the most The Man any possible The Man could be in the mid-70s. Abraham Lincoln’s ghost even lends a hand. Some might see that as the film giving up the ghost. Me? I give it up for said ghost. (sorry, I'll see myself out ...)

Black Dynamite is a pitch perfect spoof. A good movie (with a drink or two in me I might even argue great) masking expertly as a bad one. You have to truly love your subject to make something as silly as this and the creators (Black Dynamite himself, Michael Jai White included) clearly know it and love it. Similarly, you have to be a good actor to credibly pull off being a bad actor and White takes that on with aplomb, with his exaggerated facial contortions that go right to the line of too much before hitting the breaks. There’s a willingness to let lines just hang in the air for protracted beats that just solidify the joke. Sanders pulls out all the stops — shoddy edits, mismatched film stock, poor special effects, cliched dialogue and montages and flashbacks. If you wanted to pick nits (I don’t but will for the sake of discussion), you could say it almost literally loses the plot about mid-way through giving up on its funny but relatively grounded level of spoofing for a series of more ridiculous escalations. The first time I saw this movie, I almost did a spit take when the ultimate villain pulls out his nunchucks. I did not see that coming. Though, in retrospect, why they hell not? I love how out there it truly goes. Messy for sure. But messy with mission.

We watched Hollywood Shuffle a few months back. This is clearly something that wouldn’t exist in the world were it not for Robert Townsend’s satire (not to mention Keenan Ivory Wayans’ I’m Gonna Git You Sucka). The direct line is there. This is the evolution. Same principles, but a more modern execution and, admittedly, sense of humor. Hollywood Shuffle was a little retrograde in parts.

I particularly enjoyed some of the deadpan punctuations that really jumped out to me more upon repeated viewings. The scene where Black Dynamite confronts the drug dealers has some particularly delightful drops including Cedric Yarborough’s plaintive, “But Black Dynamaite, I sell drugs on the street” and Bokeem Woodbine with a a simple “damn” in response to a lobbed insult. There’s a modern rhythm there. I’m not sure how Black Dynamite will hold up over time, but I hope it sticks. It's out of time enough that it's probably fine. Ten years on, so far, so good.

Reactions: Amerika

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I'm sorry the movie wasn't your thing. I knew it was probably gonna be a love it or hate it kinda pick. Hopefully I'm not the only one of the love it side. :help:

But this little piece is incorrect. Scott Sanders is very much black, and Shawn Maurer might be white, but he's the cinematographer and not a director.
My error. I had trouble finding pictures of the two, and when I did find one, it turns out it was misleading. No need to feel sorry that I didn't like it. Do not let it inhibit future picks. Movies I don't like can be as much fun to write about as movies that I do like.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
My error. I had trouble finding pictures of the two, and when I did find one, it turns out it was misleading. No need to feel sorry that I didn't like it. Do not let it inhibit future picks. Movies I don't like can be as much fun to write about as movies that I do like.

I'm always happy to see movies I don't like (and we have one coming soon that qualifies for me ... :) ) Sometimes I feel like I'm a bit too much of a softie so I get weirdly energized when I'm watching something and start to feel "Wow! I really don't like this because of X, Y and Z ..." I like the challenge. Keeps me honest to myself.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I'm always happy to see movies I don't like (and we have one coming soon that qualifies for me ... :) ) Sometimes I feel like I'm a bit too much of a softie so I get weirdly energized when I'm watching something and start to feel "Wow! I really don't like this because of X, Y and Z ..." I like the challenge. Keeps me honest to myself.
Keeping honest is a distinct part of the challenge. As for other people's judgement, I'm just interested in what people think; I have zero ego at risk if they disagree me with me or agree with me or somewhere in between in regard to any given movie. These are movies we're talking about here, not sacred objects--like, say, tennis matches. .

Ralph Spoilsport

Jun 4, 2011
It's the early 70s, an idealistic black man sets out on a crusade against the racist evil threatening his community, all the while romancing a foxy radical sister who's playing hard to get. But enough about BlackKklansman. How about this week's MOTW, Black Dynamite?

Alright, let's get slick with it. Black Dynamite be one bad kung-fu fightin' mutha. Cat's even got a theme song, ya dig? Peace is his bag, but when jive turkeys start selling bad smack to orphans, and racist crackers conspire to shrink the brothers' johnsons, well…fools best brace for some righteous ass-whuppin'.

I think we can all agree that Black Dynamite is a bad movie, though we may not agree on which sense of the word "bad" applies. Is it stupid and offensive? Yes, probably. It's comedy which often leans on tastelessness and stereotypes for laughs. I prefer to laugh with people rather than at them, so as long as the target of the humour can find something funny, then I think it's safe to laugh along. And noting that the creative core of the team is black, I'm guessing their audience overlooked any offense for fun's sake. I hope so, because I found Black Dynamite to be a stone groove. The creative core of the film is also male, and the genre they're spoofing is a male fantasy, so hopefully b*****s can take a joke too. What I enjoyed most were the transitions between scenes...the animated bridges or blurry cross-fades for example which seemed typical of the early 70s just-graduated-from-film-school style. Solid!
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I will put up my review tommorow. It does a couple things well, but it's the first time I've watched a movie where less self-awareness would have helped it!

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
I will put up my review tommorow. It does a couple things well, but it's the first time I've watched a movie where less self-awareness would have helped it!
Great trailer! :) Now I really want to read that review.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Great trailer! :) Now I really want to read that review.

Black Dynamite (2009) - Following a good night's sleep, I find myself liking Black Dynamite a little more than I probably should. To begin with, the actors appear to be having a ton of fun playing in the film, which combined with the film's awareness of its own stupidity, allows it to acquire a certain harmless charm that's easy to fall for. Also, the aesthetic approach (outside of some godawful special effects which are not charming at all. In fact, they're repulsive) is appealing in a cartoonish way. It gives off a certain groovy style. Add in some well-placed lighting, and you get a slick, yet dingy, atmosphere that's pretty cool to watch.

Outside of that though, yikes. The dialogue and comedy is often retrograde, clunky and has the intellectual stimualtion of a 13 year-old jock. I think I found myself chuckling once or twice (Black Dynamite stumbling upon two possible offsprings while on a date was amusing). The movie, satisfied with it's self-awareness of what it is and wants to be, wink-wink-nod-nods the audience relentlessly, to the point of constant distraction. It pulls its viewer out of the movie more often than not and comes across as smug while punching down on the genre it's spoofing. And since punching down is never a good look, the payoff just isn't there. I think the homage may have been more tasteful if they'd let go of the spoof angle and tried to do a more conventional comedy. Still, it's a pretty creative film.

KallioWeHardlyKnewYe

Hey! We won!
May 30, 2003
Malcolm X
Lee (1992)
“Let me tell you something. I’m not ashamed of being anything.”

A fairly comprehensive telling of the life of Malcolm X — a man who rose from troubled, drug-abusing street punk to a firey radical and orator to a pariah in his own world for singling out the hypocrisy of his peers. It’s that final enlightenment that would ultimately cost him his life. I kept the recap to the briefest of sketches because I’m not so much interested in the what here (though he is a fascinating man), but the how, as in how Spike Lee and Denzel Washington execute this epic tale.

Washington first. If there was ever someone born to play a part it was Denzel Washington and Malcolm X. The physical resemblance alone is striking. Add to that the fact that Washington is both preternaturally talented and just an atom bomb of charisma and this is a towering performance. This never feels like a feat of mimicry to me (like so many bios often do), but actual grade-A, capital-A acting. He’s a zoot suited charmer, a hard-edged hustler willing to play Russian Roulette with a mouthy underling, a confused con in need of physical and spiritual rescue, a fire-brand unapologetic about his beliefs regardless of consequence and finally a tired, though more understanding, man who knows his journey is about to end. And it’s all an effortless, seamless progression. As an actor, Washington never sweats.

Lee’s the more fascinating figure in this to me. This is among his best, though he’s made a few films that I think are a step above this. I half-considered Do The Right Thing, which is his best movie in my opinion, but Malcolm X is a little more interesting. Do The Right Thing is a radical movie about normal people. Here we have a somewhat normal movie about a radical person. There are plenty of Lee signatures here — that inevitable dolly shot, the insertion of real life footage that is often more violent/striking than the violence depicted in the film, outright provocation (I love the boldness of that American flag opening) — but overall I think Lee takes a more classical approach to this story.

The style evolves as Malcolm evolves. When he is young and brash, so too is the movie as it flies off into tangential flashbacks of trauma and violence or brief fantasies of smashing a pie in a racist’s face. But as Malcolm grows, the movie settles into more of a straightforward telling as with so many “great man” movies that proceeded it and followed it. It matures as he matures. My mental leap here is that Lee does this as a means to put Malcolm X’s story alongside any other classic American great man. Again, he opens with the American flag so I don’t think this limb I’m on is a weak one. This is Lee’s epic and he treated it with the reverence this feels often are treated with. In many other cases this is a dull approach for my tastes, but here I get it. (At least I think I do.) And it works.

I do have a few nits to pick though. The end never sits right with me though. Ossie Davis’ eulogy is powerful, but the kids standing up and proclaiming “I am Malcom X” feels a little cheesy. I get the riff on Spartacus (another tie back to classic Hollywood), but does the point really resonate? Doesn’t feel like it, especially all these years later. Then again, (in case you didn’t know), the message isn’t really aimed at me, so who am I really to say? The final line — “By any means necessary” — feels both out-of-touch with that final sequence and with Malcolm X’s later-in-life beliefs. It's a flashy bit of filmic punctuation, but it doesn't feel fully honest to what we just witnessed. It's the type of movie moment that feels like Lee had in his mind for years before he even made the movie.

Oh and Angela Basset feels completely wasted here.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Malcolm%20X%20Film%20Denzel.png

Malcolm X
(1992) Directed by Spike l;ee

Director Spike Lee starts the movie out with an incendiary speech by Malcolm X (Denzell Washington), the sort of speech that made a lot of white people very nervous and then Lee immediately skips to, of all things, a dance number. Turns out that Lee knows exactly what he is doing. This movie would have been a monumental challenge for any black director, not to mention the fact that no white director could touch this project without being accused of cultural appropriation of the worst kind. Certainly Malcolm X was a polarizing figure in the '60s, which had to do with what he said (usually a pretty accurate historical description of the truth), and how he said it, often angrily (and justifiably so). He and Martin Luther King make a fascinating ccontrast. Many white poeple believed that King was the American Gandhi and that Malcolm X was a revolutionary in league with the devil. Lee does an excellent job of portraying the very complex life of a man who did his best to change American history for the better. Lee gets a lot of hielp from Denzell Washington who gives about four or five different character takes here as we watch Malcom X evolve from a garden-variety street hustler to a man with a message of truth and liberation for his people. Lee extracts the demon from the mythology surrounding the man and reveals a strong man willing to confront racism head on and then some. Lee also shows that Malcolm X's primary audience were black people like himself who for centuries had been victims of a particularly pernicious and far-reaching American apartheid. The awakening of racial pride in the black ccmmunity had more to do with the efforts of Malcolm X than anyone else--which presents a complicated dilemma for Lee. How do you handle a biopick, a very long one at that, of a man who is a hero to the black audience and an agitating revolutionary to a big chunk of the white audience?

Most of the way Lee accomplishes his goal by not pulling any punches and insuring that his movie moves right along. Very little of this movie drags and a big part of this is because of the fluidity of Lee's camera work and the creativity of his editing, both of which do their part to keep the audience engaged. Where the movie stumbles a bit is right near the end. Malcolm X underwent a change of heart to some extent as he experienced the Muslim credo first hand. Though this comes late in his life, his feelings were certainly heartfelt and genuine, but in the film it seems like an inevitable softening of Malcolm X's character. There is nothing Lee can do about the timing, but it does seem to me that he could have found a better way to balance this section. I'm not a great fan of the coda of the movie either, but it is not intended for me and may well serve a larger purpose in getting Malcolm X's message that black is beautiful out to a younger generation who may have little notion of what the man was all about. Malcolm X remains a valuable and pertinent movie today, especially today. Though Lee may have received them, he never mentioned getting death threats for making this movie. I imagine he would have received several these days through the magic of social media. With white supremacy on the rise, even encourage by leaders too ignorant to know better, we seem to be going backward from 1992 pretty quickly.

Last edited:

Ralph Spoilsport

Jun 4, 2011
3 1/2 hours?!? :eek: Dude, it's the first week of the playoffs! :laugh: Naw, just kidding…I cleared time for Malcolm X and was glad to do it. I saw it once back in the day but this is a movie that's still relevant, particularly for a generation that considered Black Panther to be some kind of history-making breakthrough. 27 years ago there was a big budget epic Hollywood mainstream film about a real black hero building a real black nation. Black Panther in comparison does not seem like progress to me. What am I missing?

The first half of Malcolm X focuses on his early years prior to his conversion to Islam when he was known as Red, a street hustler. It's a series of episodes which are like mini-genre films themselves. Musical romance first, with a song and dance number clearly choreographed for the camera climaxing with Spike himself sliding across the floor to grab a closeup. Then a kind of neo-western, with Red strolling into a Harlem bar like a stranger in a western town walking into a saloon and being confronted by a local tough. Then it's a heist movie, then a prison drama where he discovers Islam, whereupon the film settles into the biopic of the radical preacher that we would know as a public figure. From then on it's a path to enlightenment as Malcolm continues to develop his understanding of his new worldview while preaching it to his followers at the same time. It's a fluid situation, he makes mistakes along the way. The spiritual and political and the public and private are not easily separated. By the end the antagonisms he must navigate come not so much from White America but from the demands of his home and family life on one hand and the internal politics of his religious organization, the Nation of Islam, on the other.

Women. Islam's relationship with feminism is problematic and the irony of an organization dedicated to freeing members from the slave mentality on one hand while declaring women to be their property on the other is noted. Accordingly Malcolm's own relationships with women mirror this: Red's relationship with his white girlfriend seems to be his most genuine and caring relationship. As a Muslim, his relationship with his wife seems cold and distant by comparison...he proposes over the phone. His children just suddenly appear on the scene. They argue like any married couple, which works if the intention is to make him look like a normal guy. But he seems too committed spiritually and politically to be romantic, he's anything but a normal guy.

Church. Malcolm X is a kind of cautionary tale about the relationship between religious and political movements. "God's word is no hustle." Maybe, but beware the words of those who claim to speak on God's behalf. Hand-picked and groomed to be the voice of the Nation of Islam, Malcolm becomes too good at his job, too powerful for the comfort of other church ministers, and had to be eliminated. White America may have breathed easier at the time, but they may have lost their own Mandela, a leader who may have led them out of the hole they had dug for themselves.

There have been umpteen hundred American movies made about race relations, most offering the same humanist solutions. Malcom X is one of the few that really recognizes how deeply woven into the social fabric is this poisonous thread, the legacy of slavery. It's practically a defining aspect of the American condition. Why can't we all just get along? Malcolm X has some answers for that rhetorical question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->