The Official Memorial Cup Thread

RandR

May 15, 2011
Pretty exciting game I thought. Refereeing was terrible though, as often happens in junior hockey (especially the Quebec league). I couldn't believe how many wrong offside calls I saw during Gatineau's run in the playoffs.

My goodness Huberdeau has great vision. DeSerres and Cizikas were the stars of the game though.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Huberdeau was a complete beast tonight. Played both ends of the ice extremely well.

Besides Huberdeau I thought Galiev was the best forward. Very fast skater with a great frame. Hard to push off the puck.

Percy blew me away. He has a fantastic size and to go along with fantastic hockey sense and never made a bad play. Also include 3 assists. Some team is going to be very happy when they draft him.

Another player I really liked was Gagnè. Yes he is small, but was very sound positionally on defense.

Beaulieu again was not impressive at all. He got a gift wrap goal from Huberdeau.

Both goalers were brutal. Anderson plays way to deep in his net and De Serres plays way to aggressive at times gets out of position and doesn't have the speed to get back to the angle of the puck.

arsmaster*

Huberdeau was a complete beast tonight. Played both ends of the ice extremely well.

Besides Huberdeau I thought Galiev was the best forward. Very fast skater with a great frame. Hard to push off the puck.

Percy blew me away. He has a fantastic size and to go along with fantastic hockey sense and never made a bad play. Also include 3 assists. Some team is going to be very happy when they draft him.

Another player I really liked was Gagnè. Yes he is small, but was very sound positionally on defense.

Beaulieu again was not impressive at all. He got a gift wrap goal from Huberdeau.

Both goalers were brutal. Anderson plays way to deep in his net and De Serres plays way to aggressive at times gets out of position and doesn't have the speed to get back to the angle of the puck.

Haters are going to hate.

I think Beaulieu struggles with trying to do too much. I hope he tries to play a little more simple of a game....the teams in this tournament are so disciplined in their systems, Beaulieu needs to show a bit more patience and poise.

You have to be in the right spot to get gift wrapped goals.

I am a fan of Nathan's, and while this wasnt his best game I have seen....I dont think its a reason to knock him. Still mid first round talent to me.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Haters are going to hate.

I think Beaulieu struggles with trying to do too much. I hope he tries to play a little more simple of a game....the teams in this tournament are so disciplined in their systems, Beaulieu needs to show a bit more patience and poise.

You have to be in the right spot to get gift wrapped goals.

I am a fan of Nathan's, and while this wasnt his best game I have seen....I dont think its a reason to knock him. Still mid first round talent to me.

I'm not hating on him, he's just not impressive at all. He's definitely 1st round talent, but some posters and rankings list him in the top 15 and even in the top 10 which to me is beyond crazy.

GM17*

Beaulieu had a bad game. DeSerres had a bad half of a game. Completely accurate assessments.

Doesn't mean they're bad players.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Game 2 underway. Torn on which team to cheer for. As a WHL guy, I like the Ice. As an Av guy, I like J Hish.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Sportsnet guys saying Sam Reinhart is a lock to be a top 10 pick in 2014? I like the kid too, but that draft is soooooo far away yet.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Damn this game is good so far.....quick pace.

Don't wanna quit watching, but I have to!

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Anyone specifically to look out for in this game? We don't get to see a lot of these guys down here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad