The Official Memorial Cup Thread

Madic

May 21, 2008
^ Refs are mixed up, I guess.

So is Jurco supposed to be a decent back checker? Because so far he has been, and I thought that was a knock on him.

GM17*

^ Refs are mixed up, I guess.

So is Jurco supposed to be a decent back checker? Because so far he has been, and I thought that was a knock on him.

Just because he has some youtube videos of him doing trick shots = Rob Schremp comparison = "bad backchecker" "no nhl upside" "poor skater" etc. :P

But yea he's never been recognized as a defensive staple to the team, but he's not defensively bankrupt.

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
Mississauga just got robbed. St. Johns penalty and their goalie goes to the bench, then Mississauga has the puck with an open net and for some reason they blow it? Wow.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
I believe the penalty was called when St. John had the puck, but was not blown down, which caused Deserrs to leave the net early. Blowing it down early on Cizikas was done to correct the potential game changer.

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Honestly, I think the only reason that sequence was blown dead was because the goalie left and as a result, one official was confused. The Majors got robbed.

LOL at Doug MacLean's mike failing twice now.

GM17*

Honestly, I think the only reason that sequence was blown dead was because the goalie left and as a result, one official was confused. The Majors got robbed.

saint john had possession and it was a weird call to begin with. I didn't see a penalty. Did he call the SJ player for taking the hit wrong? I thought Miss had the penalty, and thought it was a bad call, because of they were the one throwing the hit.

Gumbercules

Oct 11, 2007
Yea, as seen on the intermission, St. John had it for a good stretch after the penalty was called. One bad call made to negate another.

GM17*

some really bad calls being made (in general)

Sea dogs just got called immediately after I posted that :P

GM17*

Desares is the difference so far..

After a shaky start, definitely a big player. Throw in Kirkpatrick Huberdeau and Czizikas and you've got the clear-cut players of the game.

That tripping call against Mississauga was horrendous :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Really good game. Back and forth all night. Either team could have won. But where was Simon Despres? He was invisible to me all night. Didn't make any impact.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->