The Official Memorial Cup Thread

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
Predictions, and prospects. Going to be an excellent tournament. Every team brings their own strengths and weaknesses. I think Kootenay has been the most hot team throughout the playoffs. Prediction: Kootenay Ice beat the Mississauga St. Michael's Majors 4-2 in the final.

Last edited:

Lazarrr

Apr 10, 2010
Ottawa
I'm really surprised by Owen Sound but I still think the Majors are a better team. I think St John will also be a tough team to beat.

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Not really basing this off anything (as I haven't seen Kootenay and St John play live), but the way Kootenay ran through Saskatoon and Portland is a little too impressive for me to ignore.

I say they beat Owen Sound in the final.

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Just curious: what would have happened if the host team (Mississauaga) would have also won the OHL title?

Garyboy

Oct 31, 2010
Toronto
Just curious: what would have happened if the host team (Mississauaga) would have also won the OHL title?

Then Owen Sound would be "designated" the host. Worked out great in the sense that the 2 best teams in the O are representing the league. Never a fan of a host team being in the Memorial Cup when they lose in the first or second round. Just cheapens the field.

zjh

@ZenonHerasymiuk
Jan 24, 2011
AB88
I can't be the only who noticed and can't get over the fact you capitilize every word in the title except "memorial"

Right?

Yeah, just noticed that, but I cant change it oh well. Could people with more knowledge of each team please post line combinations here. Here is Kootenay's:
King-Eakin-Czerwonka
Frasor-Reinhart-Antilla
Ismond-Boomer-Benoit
Montgomery-Reinhart-Hurley

McNabb-Rintoul
Leach-Martin
Paulsen-Dirk

Lieuwen
Teskey

I'm just wondering as far as how teams spread out their scoring and possible line matchups.

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
The Kootenay team bears heavy similarities to the Spokane Chiefs of 2008 ... not alot of people are recognizing them as having a chance. Kootenay, like that Chiefs of 2008, is a lineup full of guys that play their roles in a system/team oriented game. If they establish their game early and everyone continues to play their role and make their contribution, like that 2008 team, this Ice team will be very tough to beat ... even if on paper they aren't that intriguing.

Should be a heck of a tournament. I can't wait to see how it shakes out!

Breakfast of Champs

Apr 15, 2007
Gonna be an important tournament for a few st john players. Huberdeau, Beaulieu, Jurco, and Phillips will be looking to up their already impressive ranking for the upcoming draft

lafite

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Understandably, there is a lot of buzz about Huberdeau, Beaulieu and Phillips, but St John is solid throughout their line-up. I was really impressed watching Gelinas play, for example. They are my pick to win it all.

R S

Sep 18, 2006
Can't wait to see the Sea Dogs.

I say Kootenay loses to the Sea Dogs in the final

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sea Wolves will win against the St. Michaels.

I'm going for Owen Sound though! I just hope for great hockey like the 2008 Memorial Cup was.

jfb392

Jul 7, 2010
Is this streamed anywhere?
Probably on sportsnet.ca like last year, but I am still waiting for a reply from them on that.

Edit: Nevermind, they are not being shown there.

Last edited:

bullocks

Jun 26, 2007
Toronto
I'd say Mississauga wins this at home. Probably the best overall team in the CHL even tho they lost in the finals. Owen Sound won 3 games in OT and in game 3 Mississauga scored but the ref lost site of the puck.

Have to believe their gonna come even stronger with the disappointment of losing the OHL Championship.

4thliner*

The Jonathan Huberdeau Tournamnet

4787865.bin

Bjindaho

Jun 12, 2006
Assuming a healthy lineup, Saint John should be something like:

Huberdeau - Phillips - Galiev
Anthony - Kirkpatrick - Jurco
Thomas - MacAulay - Beauregard
Oke - Gauthier - Tesink

Durepos - Despres
Gelinas - Beaulieu
Gagne - Bourret

DeSerres
Corbeil-Theriault

OhNoItsComeau57

Sep 15, 2006
New Orleans
Anyone have info on the broadcasts for NHL network in the US? In prior years every game was on. Just flipped through the channel guide and it looks like only the saturday and sunday games are being shown. Does anyone know if this is a change that was implemented or is my cable box just wrong?

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Anyone have info on the broadcasts for NHL network in the US? In prior years every game was on. Just flipped through the channel guide and it looks like only the saturday and sunday games are being shown. Does anyone know if this is a change that was implemented or is my cable box just wrong?

The Friday game is being shown in the morning of Saturday. Looking Monday onwards there isn't any games on my tv guide, but it has been wrong before. I will be severely disappointed if they don't show all the game.s

NHL Fanatic

Oct 4, 2010
GTA
I wouldn't be surprised if Mississauga comes back and wins the memorial cup after that heartbreaking loss to Owen Sound in game 7. The line of Czikas, Shugg and Smith-Pelly have been playing fantastic.

SuperJoe

Feb 24, 2010
Royal City
I'm thinking the Sea Dogs over the Majors, should be a good tournament. I'm cheering for the Attack, but I think they'll fall short.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->