The official Loui Eriksson thread (aka the official Tyler Seguin thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Another fun fact is that if Seguin looked like Eriksson to this point he would be on the third line and have zero PP duty. Wonder way Eriksson has not found the dog house yet for his slow and uninspired play?

Six points in five games coming off a concussion is slow and uninspired?

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Nothing against Eriksson, but this trade is getting worse and worse, and is going to continue to do so.

I don't get this assertion.

First of all, it's not even mid-November. Multi-player trades generally take years to evaluate. Seguin scoring four goals in a November game is exciting, but is that what you take into account when evaluating a trade?

How it "worse and worse" and "going to continue to do so"? Are Eriksson and Smith going to bomb out of the NHL? Is Seguin going to lead Dallas to the Cup? Will Fraser and Morrow never make the NHL? Suppose the Bruins trade Morrow for a pick that turns out to be another Patrice Bergeron? Will the trade be terrible then?

Who knows any of this? Why the rush to judgement? Why can't people wait and see?

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
Six points in five games coming off a concussion is slow and uninspired?

I swear. Some people are still so broken hearted about Seguin that's it's like they're rooting for Eriksson to fail. Like criticizing that some of his goals have been deflections. I guess it's bad that's he's in the right place at the right time? Ya know, if more players were willing to drive to the net and fight for position we'd probably have an easier time winning some games. Goals are goals.
The only players being remotely criticized as much as Eriksson are Marchand and maybe Thorton. And Marchand's been pretty rotten most games, and Thorton's half cooked at this point in his career. I think Eriksson's been pretty good and I see improvement every game. I like him on this team.

Baddkarma

El Guapo to most...
Feb 27, 2002
Midland TX
Sorry, but half you guys could net 5 points playing with 37. 21 has been soft, slow, and invisible other than one off his ankle while facing the goalie and another off the shaft of his stick waiving it around like Sean Avery.

No one is broken hearted about the deal other than the return to date.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
To the people complaining about a majority of Loui's goals coming from deflections. I might consider doing that trade over with Tomas Holmström (10 years ago) replacing Loui. Eriksson will get more skill-based goals soon, and could have 5-10 more assists if his team mates were less ineffective.

If only Seguin instead of giving a half assed attempt in game 4 on the PP leading to a live giving short handed goal had HAD THE NUTS TO ATLEAST STAY INFRONT OF THE NET AND DEFLECT A PUCK OFF HIS SKATE the Bruins would have won a second Cup.

sorry 1 goal in 24 games, no net presence and the other stuff....he's a spurned lover who has motivation now, wish he had the same motivation against Chicago in game 4

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Sorry, but half you guys could net 5 points playing with 37. 21 has been soft, slow, and invisible other than one off his ankle while facing the goalie and another off the shaft of his stick waiving it around like Sean Avery.

Jaromir Jagr couldn't score playing with Patrice.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston

And you have been blind!

Seguin was criticized endlessly for not crashing and playing in front of the net. We get a guy who does that, and no! Bring back Tyler Gretzky!

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus

I can't even. :facepalm: :laugh:

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012

First of all, it's not even mid-November. Multi-player trades generally take years to evaluate. Seguin scoring four goals in a November game is exciting, but is that what you take into account when evaluating a trade?

How it "worse and worse" and "going to continue to do so"? Are Eriksson and Smith going to bomb out of the NHL? Is Seguin going to lead Dallas to the Cup? Will Fraser and Morrow never make the NHL? Suppose the Bruins trade Morrow for a pick that turns out to be another Patrice Bergeron? Will the trade be terrible then?

Who knows any of this? Why the rush to judgement? Why can't people wait and see?

Theres not much to wait and see. Even during a 5 game point streak Erikkson is underwhelming and looks soft.

[mod]

We did not get robbed on the deal, Erikkson isn't worthless and the other pieces look pretty good. What we did do was trade a quarter for 2 dimes and a nickle. And it was stupid we have plenty of talent in the organization and DO NOT NEED TO TRADE A QUARTER FOR 2 DIMES AND A NICKLE.

What should have happened by now and before we moved Seguin was give him a shot at center and try and have 3 legit bonafide scoring lines. 1st like: KIL. 2nd line: Spooner-Seguin-Pevs. 3rd line: Marchy-Bergy-Kelly. 4th line: Merlot.

WHAT THE **** WOULD HAVE BEEN WRONG WITH TRYING THAT BEFORE WE DUMP A FRANCHISE PLAYER? HUH?

Why not just try it? BEcause it would hurt Stone Hands Kelly's feelilngs?

Why? ANd if you can't fit those guys in under the cap buyout Campbell/Pevs/Kelly all of whom are disgustingly overpaid.

But Clode doesn't operate like that. Neither does our overrated GM. And now we no longer have a second line.

We have 2 (3 if you include Merlot) third lines the BErgeron line is no longer a second first line its a high end third line.

Last edited by a moderator:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
If only Seguin instead of giving a half assed attempt in game 4 on the PP leading to a live giving short handed goal had HAD THE NUTS TO ATLEAST STAY INFRONT OF THE NET AND DEFLECT A PUCK OFF HIS SKATE the Bruins would have won a second Cup.

sorry 1 goal in 24 games, no net presence and the other stuff....he's a spurned lover who has motivation now, wish he had the same motivation against Chicago in game 4

Just as ridiculous as the folks constantly lamenting the loss of Seguin are the people who keep pinning the loss in last years finals solely on him. It goes both ways, and both are equally laughable.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

It's definitely mid November

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Just as ridiculous as the folks constantly lamenting the loss of Seguin are the people who keep pinning the loss in last years finals solely on him. It goes both ways, and both are equally laughable.

If we lost to Toronto he would have deserved scapegoating. He wasn't as bad in the finals as he was the prior 3 rounds.

Overall he still had a bad playoffs.

Claude Julien weakened the team refusing to play Carl over dogavins. Which is shocking considering he made the excellent decisions to play Krug and Bart instaed of Aaron Johnson.

Artemis

Took the red pill
Dec 8, 2010
Mount Olympus
Theres not much to wait and see. Even during a 5 game point streak Erikkson is underwhelming and looks soft.

Your posts are the same old stuff attacking other fans. The fact is if Tyler Seguin were still a Bruin and was struggling and had 5 points in 20 games you would be on the thread about him picking fights and trolling other posters telling them he was really playing well and that people are being mean and cruel. Everyone knows you would have stuck up for Seguin if he was playing awful right now.

We did not get robbed on the deal, Erikkson isn't worthless and the other pieces look pretty good. What we did do was trade a quarter for 2 dimes and a nickle. And it was stupid we have plenty of talent in the organization and DO NOT NEED TO TRADE A QUARTER FOR 2 DIMES AND A NICKLE.

What should have happened by now and before we moved Seguin was give him a shot at center and try and have 3 legit bonafide scoring lines. 1st like: KIL. 2nd line: Spooner-Seguin-Pevs. 3rd line: Marchy-Bergy-Kelly. 4th line: Merlot.

WHAT THE **** WOULD HAVE BEEN WRONG WITH TRYING THAT BEFORE WE DUMP A FRANCHISE PLAYER? HUH?

Why? ANd if you can't fit those guys in under the cap buyout Campbell/Pevs/Kelly all of whom are disgustingly overpaid.

But Clode doesn't operate like that. Neither does our overrated GM. And now we no longer have a second line.

We have 2 (3 if you include Merlot) third lines the BErgeron line is no longer a second first line its a high end third line.

Good lord.

How is pointing out that it's too early to judge a trade attacking someone? And why are you attacking me, when there are several other people here posting the exact same thing?

We no longer have a second line? Chiarelli is overrated? Man, maybe you should take a valium or something. Wow.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006

Some players who were even worse in the playoffs get a massive free pass even though they've been unproductive this year as well, as though the team could never survive sitting them

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Good lord.

How is pointing out that it's too early to judge a trade attacking someone? And why are you attacking me, when there are several other people here posting the exact same thing?

Your right I am wrong I am sorry.

I attacked another poster for attacking another poster I understand my hypocracy.

Point stands though the trade looks to be having traded a quarter for 2 dimes and a nickle. ANd we didn't need to do it. And we could have tried Seguin at center first.

And...if we were going to dump Seguin for maturity issues....well its one thing if he makes us regret it 2 years later. Its another thing if 20 games into the follow season hes already making us eat dirt.

Last edited:

Kaoz*

And yet he was continually rolled out night after night, with zero hope of being effective. I wonder why?

Because if you put him on the third line it became completely ineffective.

Moving Seguin there was about making 3 lines work, nothing else. And that did, line 3 was one of Boston's best in the finals. Julien said from the second series on he was happy with both Seguins game and effort, and that he felt he was just ridiculously snake bitten. Seguin even approached Julien for advice in how he could be the biggest benefit to the team in his 3rd line role... sounds like an immature selfish little ******* eh?

And DKH can ***** all he wants about a turnover on the powerplay, something that happens time and time again, but Boston lost that series in the final game with 2 minutes left. They were up by 1, just had to hold the lead and they failed. The lines in those final minutes were an altered line 3 with Peverley in Seguins spot, and the Krejci/Lucic/Horton line which were abused on both goals for Chicago's comeback.

Truth hurts but there it is, there are lots of things you can blame the playoff loss on last year but Seguin was no where near the biggest. It's simply convenient.

MTaylorJ1

Sep 20, 2006
Because if you put him on the third line it became completely ineffective.

Moving Seguin there was about making 3 lines work, nothing else. And that did, line 3 was one of Boston's best in the finals.

And DKH can ***** all he wants about a turnover on the powerplay, something that happens time and time again, but Boston lost that series in the final game with 2 minutes left. They were up by 1, just had to hold the league and they failed. The lines were an altered line 3 with Peverley in Seguins spot, and the Krejci/Lucic/Horton line which were abused on both goals for Chicago's comeback.

Truth hurts but there it is, there are lots of things you can blame the playoff loss on last year but Seguin was no where near the biggest. It's simply convenient.

They were going to play the next game in Chicago without Bergeron, you really think they lost the entire series on that shift? Please.

The killer was the 3rd line going -3 in a 3 OT game 1. If they play even just below average that night Seidenberg and Chara don't looked gassed the rest of the series and we ride the momentum of the Pens series.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

Your posts are the same old stuff attacking other fans. The fact is if Tyler Seguin were still a Bruin and was struggling and had 5 points in 20 games you would be on the thread about him picking fights and trolling other posters telling them he was really playing well and that people are being mean and cruel. Everyone knows you would have stuck up for Seguin if he was playing awful right now.

Holy ****

Gordon Lightfoot

Hey Dotcom. Nice to meet you.
Sponsor
Feb 3, 2009
It doesn't matter how many points Seguin puts up. I don't think he will make us "regret" the trade through his points.

I think most of us regret it if he puts up good playoff numbers and Loui puts up poor numbers. Or if the Bruins meet Dallas in the finals, Dallas wins, and Seguin abuses Loui. Everything else is mainly guesswork.

I am happy with the trade, personally. I really like Eriksson.

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
It doesn't matter how many points Seguin puts up. I don't think he will make us "regret" the trade through his points.

I think most of us regret it if he puts up good playoff numbers and Loui puts up poor numbers. Or if the Bruins meet Dallas in the finals, Dallas wins, and Seguin abuses Loui. Everything else is mainly guesswork.

I am happy with the trade, personally. I really like Eriksson.

Exactly. Let Seguin win the scoring race for all I care. I want the Cup.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
I swear. Some people are still so broken hearted about Seguin that's it's like they're rooting for Eriksson to fail. Like criticizing that some of his goals have been deflections. I guess it's bad that's he's in the right place at the right time? Ya know, if more players were willing to drive to the net and fight for position we'd probably have an easier time winning some games. Goals are goals.
The only players being remotely criticized as much as Eriksson are Marchand and maybe Thorton. And Marchand's been pretty rotten most games, and Thorton's half cooked at this point in his career. I think Eriksson's been pretty good and I see improvement every game. I like him on this team.

Eriksson is looking more and more comfortable. I still think he'd be perfect with Krejci and Looch... but we cannot break up the KIL line until they've cooled off enough that a shake-up is necessary.

You're right, some of these Seguin-first fanboys are literally rooting for Eriksson to fail here just so they can say "i told you so". HORRIBLE FANS

He has six points in the past 5 games... coming off a concussion. And we got a reliable, mature-beyond-his-years youngster in Reilly Smith who isn't the greatest goal scorer (wish he would shoot more, Soderberg too rather than always making these fancy passes in tight) but is a solid playmaker with good vision of the ice.

Not to mention Joe Morrow is a top D prospect.

What the hell do these people want?? The trade is over, you can either root for the Bruins of you can root for Seguin. Time to start picking sides here... because it is getting so old hear people ***** about Eriksson when HE JUST GOT HERE and he was HURT!!!

Loui has only had one true "garbage" goal. The one that went off his knee but even still... he got rewarded for being in the right place and got a little luck on that. As for the deflections, anyone who has actually played hockey knows that it wasn't by accident.

Of course there is no guarantee that deflections of any kind (yes this includes the skate goal where he stuck his leg out a certain angle) go in the net, or even end up ON NET... but they throw the opposing goalie for a loop and make the initial shot MUCH, MUCH more difficult to save.

Goals are goals. And i for one actually like the fact that most of Loui's goals happen to -- thus far -- come from the exact kind of "dirty areas" that the diva Seguin couldn't be bothered to enter.

The very fact he's always in front of the net battling for positions and looking for tip-ins... THAT IS WHAT YOU WANT OUT OF A PLAYER, FOLKS.

The haters will hate, call them BS goals... but you know what they are goals nonetheless and the type of goals Seguin doesn't have the sac to score more often than not.

Seguin will be much better now that a reality check hit him like a 2X4... he fancied himself untouchable and he played like he thought that way. Hence he's partying come playoff time, i don't care the age Smith is the same age and he is much more mature.

Right now ON THIS TEAM i'll take Smith and Eriksson (bargain contracts) over an overpaid Peverly and a prima donna named Tyler Seguin who scored one goal in 22 playoff games.

There is nothing more sadder in life than wasted talent, and Seguin wasted his by not maximizing it and not buying into the Bruins' team concept. He thought he was above the rules, not a guy you want as the face of your franchise. Not the way we do things in Boston these days, anyhow.

One day he might prove me wrong... but he will not be the centerpiece of a Cup team for at least a few more years IMO. He's lucky Dallas has such a good goaltender in Lehtonen. Jamie Benn is the leader and the heart of that team anyhow.

Sea Bass Neely

Jun 6, 2013
Rhode Island
Your right I am wrong I am sorry.

I attacked another poster for attacking another poster I understand my hypocracy.

Point stands though the trade looks to be having traded a quarter for 2 dimes and a nickle. ANd we didn't need to do it. And we could have tried Seguin at center first.

And...if we were going to dump Seguin for maturity issues....well its one thing if he makes us regret it 2 years later. Its another thing if 20 games into the follow season hes already making us eat dirt.

It doesn't matter what Seguin does in Dallas from here on out. He is a different person now... what part of that do the Seguin fanboys not understand?? Tyler did it to himself... all that SHOULD matter to a Boston Bruins fan is, the current Bruins lineup and their performance

He was never the best fit in Julien's system, and he was never going to maximize his potential here. Just not enough grit to his game, he makes Eriksson look like Todd Bertuzzi.

Some people will take every inch of leeway or slack that you allow them, plus some... and Tyler Seguin was one of those people. Winning a Cup in his rookie year was bad for his personal development in Boston, starting out on top like that.

Seguin fancied himself more a rock-star than a PROFESSIONAL hockey player. And it showed, with that abysmal playoff performance. If he had the stones to get in front of the net, just maybe he'd grab a couple "garbage goals" off deflections and the B's win a 2nd cup in THREE years.

But that never happened.

Tyler took his status in Boston for granted. He did not seem to be a good self-motivator. The trade was a slap in his face... a REALITY CHECK that he sorely needed. He will be a better player moving forward because of the wake-up call Chia and Co. gave him.

Chia doesn't want players that feel entitled to anything, he wants hard work and cogs in the wheel. Seguin must've been embarrassed by the trade, and now he is playing with a chip on his shoulder that he would never have had if he stayed in Boston.

He is a different person and player because of the reality check, being "fired" from a winning club that has a solid core to remain competitive for years to come.

If only he could've played with a chip on his shoulder last playoffs... :cry:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad