The official Leafs panic thread

Elimanator

The Future
Oct 6, 2013
Middle of the ocean
As we all know the Leafs playoff chances are in fire right now and we've lost four straight. We lose three games this week that we outplayed and outshot the opposing team. So.... Leafs fans here we go 11-12 panic mode so here is the official :leafs panic thread

Erdinger

Oct 6, 2011
Toronto
I'm not panicked. That was earlier this week. I'm no longer in denial about the Leafs missing the playoffs. Not sure i really care any more either.:(

Bardown warrior

Oct 26, 2013
Mississauga
I'm scared... really scared. ****!!!! :rant:... to think last week when we beat L.A our playoff odds were at 89 %... this team always likes to defy the odds.... usually not in their favor :cry:

hockeyes

Jun 15, 2013
Please rename to "The official Leafs realistic thread".

Same posts, more accurate title.

Thanks.

FlareKnight

Jun 26, 2006
Alberta
Oh thank god. We need a venting location right now.

This is the time for panic! Team is once again falling apart and I'm not sure how it gets turned around.

Jimmy Firecracker

Fire Sheldon.
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
I'm scared... really scared. ****!!!! :rant:... to think last week when we beat L.A our playoff odds were at 89 %... this team always likes to defy the odds.... usually not in their favor :cry:

Seems like so long ago we were riding high after that win. An injury to our starter and down the ******* it's been. :(

Carlyle needs to go, whether we make the playoffs or not. This is one of if not the worst defensive team in the NHL and his handling of players leaves much to be desired. Defence also needs an overhaul.

MajorLeaf

Maj. Conn Smythe
Dec 19, 2008
Ontario
Even if the Leafs make the playoffs they won't go far. Management did not build the right team this year. Even if the Leafs made the playoffs it will be squeaking into the last position not where the team should be. This season is done. :shakehead

Liminality

Oct 22, 2008
It's weird because this team can play way better than they show most nights. Beat some of the toughest opponents in the NHL and lose to the weakest other nights.

Randy has to take some of the blame for this, your coach has to get the most out of your players. Doesn't matter if he's a "Randy Carlyle" type player or not, he's got to put them in a position to succeed.

This game wasn't even that bad from a player standpoint but the losing streak has been quite the example of what the team's weaknesses are. Like it or not I think Reimer's days are numbered and I think his days were already numbered before this losing streak (warranted or not). Bernier is clearly a cut above in the eyes of management and his stats and gameplay speak for themselves.

I would have loved to see what this team could do if Bolland was healthy for the entire season. Due to his contract now and if we make the playoffs or not we may never know what a full season of Bolland looks like. Clarkson on the other hand, we saw what his full season looked like and it's true, Bodie brought more than Clarkson did almost every night. I was one of the people who wanted to wait it out and see if he'd turn around his play, nope he's pretty much a write off for the season production wise.

The sooner this team can upgrade from within and add more of their growing youth to the team, the better imo.

SoulOnIce

Sep 12, 2009
At least Columbus and Detroit play each other soon. Anything but a ot game. Leafs get a game against Detroit too, hopefully Bernier is back a while before that.

Bernier has carried the team this year. I'm typically hard on coaches, but I think Carlyle has to go. Get Franson out for a stay at home defensemen. Phaneuf, Gardiner, Reilly provide enough play making from the defense.

Commander Clueless

Hiya, hiya. Pleased to meetcha.
Sep 10, 2008
Well guys, the time has come.

Time to admit our window is closed. We had our chance, and it's time to rebuild.

Who's up for a firesale thread?

Kessel, Phaneuf, Lupul...everyone's got to go.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad