sheriff bart

Where are the white women at
Nov 11, 2010
Rock Ridge
Skinner...concussions...

meyers.gif

Video Coach

Sep 16, 2005
Hey guys, Habs fan coming in peace. Just looking for some info on Victor Rask. I haven't seen much of him but I understand he had a down year. With Aho moving to centre and Necas coming over, all of a sudden you've got really good depth at the position. I've heard Dundon really likes Necas and Aho, and I've heard Staal is going nowhere. Brind'Amour mentioned he thinks Lindholm has another level so I would think he probably stays...does that make Rask the odd man out?

If that's the case, can you tell me what happened to his game last year? What did you like about his game before then? Is he a true centre or not? Would slotting him into a no. 2 role be fair, or is he more of a 3C?

Then finally, what do you see his value as?

Reactions: Unsustainable

RibFrabcus

Bevy of Humanity
Aug 28, 2015
Triad, NC
Hey guys, Habs fan coming in peace. Just looking for some info on Victor Rask. I haven't seen much of him but I understand he had a down year. With Aho moving to centre and Necas coming over, all of a sudden you've got really good depth at the position. I've heard Dundon really likes Necas and Aho, and I've heard Staal is going nowhere. Brind'Amour mentioned he thinks Lindholm has another level so I would think he probably stays...does that make Rask the odd man out?

If that's the case, can you tell me what happened to his game last year? What did you like about his game before then? Is he a true centre or not? Would slotting him into a no. 2 role be fair, or is he more of a 3C?

Then finally, what do you see his value as?

Rask at his best is an offensively capable 2C, but he isn't going to drive a line. You'd prefer him at 3C. He's definitely a true center, though he's just okay defensively. I'd take a 2nd rounder or vet defenseman for him personally.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
Shoulder injury a couple seasons ago. Not sure if he had surgery on it last summer or not but he is having surgery on it this offseason so as such hard to really place a value on him right now.

Ideally he's a #3C but he was playing like he was on his way to becoming a solid #2 just a couple years ago.

As such value is hard to gauge here, I don't expect the Canes to sell low on him simply because we have some solid options coming in this offseason, but on the other side depth wise he's our #4 if either Aho or Lindholm make the move over to center full time next year, can't have a #4 with his price tag regardless. Would probably cost Montreal either the Leafs 2nd + or Hawks 2nd to acquire him.

Last edited:

Sabretip

Jan 13, 2010
Phoenix, AZ
Would the Canes be interested in the following?:
To CAR:
Reinhart, C/RW, 23, RFA
Girgensons, C/LW, 24, 1 Yr @ $1.6M
Fasching, RW, 23, RFA

To BUF:
Skinner, LW, 26, 1 Yr @ $5.7M
Lindholm, RW, 24, RFA

Would the proposal be any better or worse if Faulk and Ristolainen were added in as pieces going each way?

Dishface

Registered Jerk
Sep 27, 2013
Kenosha, WI
To CAR:
Reinhart, C/RW, 23, RFA
Fasching, RW, 23, RFA

To BUF:
Lindholm, RW, 24, RFA

Would the proposal be any better or worse if Faulk and Ristolainen were added in as pieces going each way?
I'll be nice

Girgensons has negative/no value
Fasching... GM paid a 2nd for him who isn't making progress
Reinhart is the only decent piece from your side, but not for a multi 30 goal scorer Skinner and Lindholm

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
To CAR:
Reinhart, C/RW, 23, RFA
Fasching, RW, 23, RFA

To BUF:
Lindholm, RW, 24, RFA

Gtfo with that nonsense

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->