The official I'm eating crow on Kyle Wellwood.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Habsaku

Apr 28, 2003
Montreal
Visit site
DaveyCrockett said:
Wellwood works very hard on the ice. I don't know if the same can be said about Ribeiro. Many people didn't even think he would make it in the AHL.
A lot of people thought the same of Ribeiro. Too weak, too slow. Ribeiro didnt work as hard as wellwood, but he also had more talent. I dunno, I dont like how Wellwood plays, but thats just me. The leafs have another young player that they should a lot more excited about, Steen.

ShortHanded

Feb 15, 2006
over the summer I posted here that I thought he was too slow and too weak on the puck to make an impact at the NHL level. That does not appear to be the case, although half a season does not a career make. Still, if you're preparing the crow I'd like mine with mole sauce and a side salad, please. And a large orange drink.

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
Habsaku said:
A lot of people thought the same of Ribeiro. Too weak, too slow. Ribeiro didnt work as hard as wellwood, but he also had more talent. I dunno, I dont like how Wellwood plays, but thats just me. The leafs have another young player that they should a lot more excited about, Steen.

And Stajan. I'm with you on this one and I think he'll eventually develop into a better version of Mike Ribeiro. He certainly is doing well considering his limitations but he's probably starting to be overrated. He's not saviour nor is he a future #1 center for the Leafs, and it can happen that after his "honey month" will end, Leafs fans will start to see the same flaws in his game that we see in Ribeiro's.

It Kills Me

Aug 6, 2004
Jax81 said:
Just wait until:
1. He becomes more consistent (has his invisible moments)
2. Gets real linemates. You can only put up so many points playing with Jeff O'Neill and Chad Kilger.

He has had Domi and Kilger for the most part.

I think he played the best with Steen and Stajan at the begining of the year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->