The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread: Part 3, Still Drinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Skinner and Faulk were on the top of every insider's "This player is getting traded tomorrow" list for the past two months. If the Canes were going to get bent over they would have made their desperation deal already. Every report I have seen has said the Canes are asking for a lot (ie: Schmaltz in a Faulk/Skinner deal). Really takes the wind out of the sails for the "My 2nd + Cap Dump for Faulk" proposals.

Now we get the "Bean/Fleury for 2nd + Cap Dump" threads instead. Because the rest of the league has Carolina right where they want them, stacked to the rafters with talented young defenseman who are readily available for unknown future mid-round picks.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
I wish don woke up and made a fair hockey trade for you guys. I really wanted skinner. I had proposals bruins board for zboril for him straight up. He's a former first round pick with potential. Would that have been better then what you received?

No, it would not have been. With Hamilton, Pesce, TVR, Faulk, Slavin, CDH, Fleury, Bean, Fox, McKeown, we have little to no use for zboril. Would rather have Pu straight up. Add in the 2nd round pick, the 3rd and the 6th and it's not even close.

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
Don’t you have a long term need at C? Pu is a good prospect, has enough skill to become a 2C if things turn out for the best.
Skinner just had one year left anyway.

Market for rebuilding teams like us is rough. Look at the O’Reilly trade, we took on two cap dumps for a low first and Thompson. In my opinion the return you got for Skinner is better than what we got for ROR.

Surrounded By Ahos

Las Vegas Desert Ducks Official Team Poster
Sponsor
May 24, 2008
Koko Miami
Apparently, Faulk is a soft Cody Franson.

At this rate, some Oiler fans will be calling Faulk an AHL defenseman by October. The descriptions are getting more hyperbolic by the week.
That one guy and his made up stats are hilarious. I haven’t seen him post in a while, but he was convinced Faulk one of the worst defensemen in the league.

I believe Ryan Murphy was one of the best, based on his fancy imaginary statistic.

Last edited:

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
That one guy and his made up stats are hilarious. I haven’t seen him post in a while, but he was convinced Faulk one of thy’all worst defensemen in the league.

I believe Ryan Murphy was one of the best, based on his fancy imaginary statistic.

Don't you know? The game of hockey is as simple as HDCF and HDCA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad