The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread: Part 3, Still Drinking...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Finlandia WOAT

js7.4x8fnmcf5070124
May 23, 2010
So... he didn’t make an effort to avoid contact.

Per the above: provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact.

Goals should be disallowed only if:

goals *should* (wtf??) only be disallowed for the following reasons.

(1) an attacking player, either by his positioning or by contact, impairs the goalkeeper’s ability to move freely within his crease or defend his goal;

we agree this doesn't apply to jokinen.

(2) an attacking player initiates intentional or deliberate contact with a goalkeeper, inside or outside of his goal crease

Does this apply to Jokinen? I don't think it does, his back is to Brodeur, he's watching the play while skating to the front of the net.

Neither 69.1 or 69.2 applies to Jokinen. But this is specifically written as recommendations to the refs' judgement. Which explains the lack of consistency.

What you bolded is an addendum, an exception, to rule 69.2 (edit: and 69.1, now that I read it closely, if the initiation of the contact is outside the crease, and the player tried to avoid it, it's fine).

Incidental contact with a goalkeeper will be permitted, and resulting goals allowed, when such contact is initiated outside of the goal crease, provided the attacking player has made a reasonable effort to avoid such contact

It's saying you can't initiate intentional or deliberate contact with the goalie unless 1) it's outside the crease and 2) you made a "reasonable" effort to avoid contact. If so, rule 69.2 doesn't apply. But I don't think it applies to Jokinen anyway, since his contact was initiated neither intentionally or deliberately.

Last edited:

Chan790

Sponsor
Jan 24, 2012
Bingy town, NY
Hi cane fans bruin fan here. Ecklund reporting bruins are close to getting skinner. I wonder what you guys would be interested in? My gut says Krug must be going the other way.

Your gut is wrong. The Canes have more Top-4 quality D, on both sides, than we have roster spots for them.

The Canes needs are a more two-way F to replace Skinner, a 1C, a starting goalie...and if none of that avails itself, a package of good futures.

Big Daddy Cane

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 8, 2010
Western PA
It would be hard to be happy about that type of return for Faulk, solo. A Top 4 RHD with 2 years of term is generically valuable enough to net an equivalent Top 6 forward. That's what the team needs in the short-term to offset the impending loss of Skinner.

Unfortunately, when you look around the league, that hockey trade Carolina should make is difficult to find, even if Karlsson is dealt or taken off the market for now. In the event that Faulk stays and rebounds, it will be difficult to find a "quality-for-quality" trade given his shrinking contract term.

The market may be forcing the Canes to make a sub-optimal trade, if they want to move him, that sees the organization give up the best asset in the deal. Perhaps that's why he hasn't been traded yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad