Speculation: The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread: Part 2, Have a Drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Negan4Coach

Fantastic and Stochastic
Aug 31, 2017
Raleigh, NC
You joke but I saw someone on the trade board say that Hanifin being happier in a hockey market will make him play better and be the reason they win the trade.

Lulz. Yeah, I'm sure an American kid is just delighted at the opportunity to live in the middle of frozen bumf***istan, Canada. He'll bolt for Boston as soon as UFA.

CandyCanes

Caniac turned Jerkiac
Jan 8, 2015
Varlamov scares me. He's a pretty good goalie, but his injury history isn't very good. He finished out last season on the IR with some kind of knee injury. Kind of important to have a good knee when playing goalie. If he didn't have that injury though he'd probably be my top goalie target of whom is available.

And it would be nice to still be able to cheer for Skinner as Colorado is kind of my second team.

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Before creating a firestorm in the main forum, I wanted to get other Canes' fans take on what someone posted on Canes and Coffee. I really don't like it, but with Lindholm being moved, the Canes need another center possibility in case one of Aho and Necas aren't ready.

Pesce for William Nylander.

If Toronto is serious about going for Tavares, then Nylander will be available (a few Leafs' fans admitted as much elsewhere on HF). While most Canes' fans want to move Faulk, I am pretty sure he doesn't return Nylander. Pesce at $4m for six years works given everything Toronto is hoping to accomplish.

AS I said, I don't like it, so talk me out of it.

Penaltykiller17

Apr 21, 2015
Raleigh, NC
I am firmly against trading Pesce. We finally have the blueline that we’ve been hyped up to have, IMO. With Pesce out and presumably Faulk still here, the back end doesn’t look as good, and kinda negates whatever there is to gain with Nylander. And if Toronto does sign JT, I’m not interested in doing them a favor by balancing out their roster.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
I am firmly against trading Pesce. We finally have the blueline that we’ve been hyped up to have, IMO. With Pesce out and presumably Faulk still here, the back end doesn’t look as good, and kinda negates whatever there is to gain with Nylander. And if Toronto does sign JT, I’m not interested in doing them a favor by balancing out their roster.

Agreed. Slavin-Hamilton has more offensive punch, but that leaves (Fluery or UFA)-Faulk as the second pairing. Is that a step forward from Hanifin-Faulk last year?

Get a forward with Faulk and see where things go on offense.

FlyingSquirrels

Jul 5, 2011
Skinner to Avs for Varly + 1st
Faulk to Chi for Saad

Avs 1st + our 2nd + Any prospect not named Necas or Svechnikov to Buffalo for ROR

Aho - ROR - TT
Saad - Necas - Svechnikov
Ferland - Staal - Williams
Foegele - Martinook - PDG
McGinn/Zykov

Slavin - Pesce
Fluery - Hamilton
Bean - TVR

Varly
Darling
I actually don't mind this...but. Once again, I really don't think Skinner would wave to go to Colorado. If he actually did give a 5 team list, think the usual suspects...Pitt, NYR, Chicago, LAK, SJ for example.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Faulk to Chi for Saad

Avs 1st + our 2nd + Any prospect not named Necas or Svechnikov to Buffalo for ROR

Aho - ROR - TT
McGinn/Zykov

Slavin - Pesce
Fluery - Hamilton
Bean - TVR

Varly
Darling
I’d bet one of Skinner or Faulk goes to Toronto. Return being their 1st plus Kap. I’d also like to get Sparks in the deal as well. The other likely ends up in Chicago.

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
I’d bet one of Skinner or Faulk goes to Toronto. Return being their 1st plus Kap. I’d also like to get Sparks in the deal as well. The other likely ends up in Chicago.
That would be the kind of return I'd want from Toronto. I'm not that high on Sparks, I think his upside is NHL backup, but I'm probably a bit higher on Kap then most.

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Faulk to Chi for Saad

Aho - ROR - TT
McGinn/Zykov

Slavin - Pesce
Fluery - Hamilton
Bean - TVR

Varly
Darling

Lol McGinn healthy scratched for PDG.

May 23, 2016
Raleigh, NC
Faulk to Chi for Saad

Aho - ROR - TT
McGinn/Zykov

Slavin - Pesce
Fluery - Hamilton
Bean - TVR

Varly
Darling

If this was our complete off season moves id be pretty happy.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Interesting week coming up for Carolina, was commenting on different thread and got thinking again, with Gm's comments from last night.

Skinner for futures, Faulk for top6F, money on a goalie, or just Faulk for futures, money on a goalie?

Skinner/trade- Aho- Svec
Ferland- Staal- TT
Rask- Necas- Williams

Slavin- Pesce
Fleury- Hamilton
x- TVR

x
Darling
?

I assume TT will be stapled to Aho hip....but he is a lot better on RW than LW. I would like to see Svech get some time with Aho but think Necas skill set compliments him well.

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
Before creating a firestorm in the main forum, I wanted to get other Canes' fans take on what someone posted on Canes and Coffee. I really don't like it, but with Lindholm being moved, the Canes need another center possibility in case one of Aho and Necas aren't ready.

Pesce for William Nylander.

If Toronto is serious about going for Tavares, then Nylander will be available (a few Leafs' fans admitted as much elsewhere on HF). While most Canes' fans want to move Faulk, I am pretty sure he doesn't return Nylander. Pesce at $4m for six years works given everything Toronto is hoping to accomplish.

AS I said, I don't like it, so talk me out of it.

What makes you think Nylander is more prepared to play C than Aho?

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Personally I don’t get where all of the doubt around Aho at C is coming from...

He doesn’t have a lot of NHL experience there but in his small sample size he excelled as did an AHL winger who should’ve been called up months earlier.

He then followed it up with a stellar showing at the Worlds. At this point I’m considering Aho an NHL center until he shows otherwise.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I assume TT will be stapled to Aho hip....but he is a lot better on RW than LW. I would like to see Svech get some time with Aho but think Necas skill set compliments him well.

I had him 1st there and believe he'll start the season with Aho, but with more longterm look I'd be maxing Ahos& Svec's potential. They should make a great duo.

Ahos' elite IQ/vision feeding the puck to Svec who can finish the plays at an elite level.

Moosetache

Jul 25, 2005
Raleigh, NC
Faulk to Chi for Saad

Aho - ROR - TT
McGinn
/Zykov

Slavin - Pesce
Fluery - Hamilton
Bean - TVR

Varly
Darling

:huh::help: