Speculation: The Official Horrible Trade Proposals Thread: Part 2, Have a Drink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
Don't forget, they'll do us a favor and take Staal off our hands for a couple of borderline prospects, because he's overpaid for a 3C and we are years away from being competitive anyway.

Reactions: sheriff bart

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I think Skinner's Giroux-adjusted production probably allows you to trade him and Gauthier for McDavid without the Oilers pushing back too much on value. Maybe throw in McKeown or something to balance it out.

HabsTown

Jun 5, 2014
Montreal
Hi guys! I'd like your take on :

:habs
Elias Lindholm
Lee Stempniak
Nicholas Roy

:canes
Max Pacioretty
Torrey Mitchell
DLR

Roboturner913

Jul 3, 2012
I don't hate it....only problem is it kills our RW depth. But....

Aho-Staal-Williams
Pacioretty-Rask-TT
Skinner-Ryan-x
Mitchell-Kruger-Nordstrom

That's a pretty solid lineup if you have faith that McGinn or a rookie (Gauthier? Wallmark? Zykov?) can come in and contribute immediately. Always been a huge fan of Pacioretty, the guy just knows how to score goals.

Last edited:

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
Seriously, though: why does MTL even consider trading their captain, a perennial 30 goal scorer who is getting paid $4.5m for the next two seasons, for an unproven young center, a journeyman, and a prospect? And adding pieces on top?

I mean, yeah, I'd do that trade in a hot second. I just don't see any reason at all the Canadiens would even consider it.

Guy

Feb 14, 2008
^^ The token "I don't know anything about Carolina, so I'll just bend them over" proposal.

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
^^ The token "I don't know anything about Carolina, so I'll just bend them over" proposal.

It's pretty sad. You would think one would do a couple minutes of research before posting a proposal. Speaks to his lack of awareness around the league as what is Carolina known for? Defense.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Hmmmm, we may need to change the title of this thread. Seems like HF posters from other boards don't know the spirit of it. That proposal wasn't a bad one, from a Canes POV, at all.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
Montreal, in the midst of their Cup window, isn't trading their Captain and primary goal scorer for essentially two futures.

Canes shouldn't trade Lindholm before the year when he looks like he finally might break out. Adding one of the Canes best forward prospect in Roy further complicates the trade.

Montreal should be the one trading Lindholm/Roy-like assets for guys like Pacioretty. The Canes, conversely, should be looking to add guys with long-term contracts in their core age range (not a 28 year old with 2 years left).

Bjornar Moxnes

Stem Rødt og Felix Unger Sörum
Oct 16, 2016
Troms og Finnmark
When I first saw it I laughed. But now that I think about it Draisaitl still hasn't signed. What if he's truly demanding the moon and Aho and someone else is actually getting traded to the Oilers for Drai but the paperwork isn't all done, thus no mentions of it. Please don't tell me that a trade is brewing.

Tggj3lR.jpg

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
Not meaning to pour gasoline on fire but apparently Aho and Pulju are playing in the same line *right now* at Jussi Jokinen All-Stars event at his Finnish hometown.

Lempo

Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
So is this good or bad news for the Canes fans who want Aho to stay?

It was a wind-up mainly, but also a possible explanation to this picture which I can't find myself online. I would guess this "1 h ago" pic is from the event where Jussi Jokinen All-Star team apparently/possibly plays in Oilers colors. You can also see Leo Komarov peeking there in the background.

The event was advertised as the triumphant return of the Puljujarvi-Laine-Aho line so I would assume they saw that it happened too. In yesterday's Karpat vs. Liiga Alumni game Laine was on the other team so it couldn't be done there. "See PuLa-Aho line together again!"

18121453_1513206468691020_9171476537735212228_o.jpg

https://m.facebook.com/jussijokinenallstars/

edit: yeah, confirmed. There's a video of the anthem singing on Facebook; Jokinens are in Oilers jerseys.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->