Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VX

Status
Not open for further replies.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
lmao this section is a cesspool. New Black Thought comes out and not a peep and yet you clowns act like a pos who is gonna be seeing the inside of the cell for the better part of his adult life making cheap garbage music is good.
People here actually think 69 has talent lol? I haven’t been inside this thread for some time now so I need to ask after reading your post

Lmao...

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
People here actually think 69 has talent lol? I haven’t been inside this thread for some time now so I need to ask after reading your post

Lmao...
Dawg your name is KapG talking about talentless people lol.

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013

Lmao...
Man, I've made no bones of the fact that guys like Tekashi and Yachty and the likes just aren't for me (altho Gummo is hard), but to say he has no talent...come on, man. If that's the case and it's so easy, where's your chart-topping rap career?

Mikeaveli

Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I’ve had more stand out to me.

Daytona, Kids See Ghosts, TESTING (so underrated imo), Some Rap Songs, Book of Ryan, TA13OO, Kamikaze (although it’s not up there in replay value imo), Astroworld, FM!.

I’m probably forgetting a few too but I’ve really enjoyed a lot of what’s been put out this year and they remain in my constant rotation. The only way this year could have been better is if Kendrick had a surprise drop and Q didn’t delay his album (but this one was understandable considering he and Mac were tight).
Honestly I forgot Book of Ryan came out this year, probably because I was underwhelmed by PRhyme 2. I'll have to check that out along with Denzel and Vince Staples which I haven't heard yet
Man, I've made no bones of the fact that guys like Tekashi and Yachty and the likes just aren't for me (altho Gummo is hard), but to say he has no talent...come on, man. If that's the case and it's so easy, where's your chart-topping rap career?
Personally I think 69's talent is in marketing rather than music making. He's a walking meme.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Honestly I forgot Book of Ryan came out this year, probably because I was underwhelmed by PRhyme 2. I'll have to check that out along with Denzel and Vince Staples which I haven't heard yet

Personally I think 69's talent is in marketing rather than music making. He's a walking meme.
I still think TA13OO is AOTY. The concept is great, it gets progressively darker and more aggressive, Denzel has great flow and wordplay and his hooks never miss.

FM! is virtually perfect considering the concept behind it aside from the length (it's 22 minutes, but I easily could have listened to that for a full hour -- the production, transitions, lyrics, vibe... it's all amazing. It's too short to call a challenger for AOTY though, but Vince has 4 projects supposedly coming out next year and I'm f***ing stoked for that).

Reactions: Mikey 48

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Dawg your name is KapG talking about talentless people lol.
Has nothing to do with the music artist KapG lmao. You STOOPID?

They’re the initials for my full name dumbass lmao

I’m glad you love that pedophile 69 so much tho

Last edited:

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Has nothing to do with the music artist KapG lmao. You STOOPID?

They’re the initials for my full name dumbass lmao

I’m glad you love that pedophile 69 so much tho
Of course I got love for the boy, that's my brudder.

Who you like tho? Since you're in here thumping your chest about your amazing taste.

KapG

Dec 2, 2008
Toronto
Of course I got love for the boy, that's my brudder.

Who you like tho? Since you're in here thumping your chest about your amazing taste.
He has a couple songs that amp me up. I have zero respect for him as a human being though.

Don’t think he’s anywhere CLOSE to good as he likes to brag he is with all his hot 100 success or whatever it is he brags about. Done a good job at marketing himself on Social media with all his trolling tho.

As for what I’m listening to, it’s more an assortment of various songs from various artists. Very rarely do I find an entire album appealing. The last 3 albums I liked the vast majority of the songs would be Meeks last 2 albums and then for whatever reason I love HENDRXX by future.

A list of some of the different artists you’ll find on my Spotify would be:

City and colour
Khalid
Maroon 5
Creed
Jules Santana
Loud luxury
Childish gambino
Justin timberlake
Styles p
6lack
Mario
ASAP rocky
Ed Sheeran
Aaliyah
The weekend
Drake
Travis Scott
Juice world

There’s more, but that would be a sample of it.

I’m not saying I have the best taste in music or anything like that lol. I just think 69 is a POS and not anywhere close to as hot as he thinks he is.

Cheers

Mach85

Mar 14, 2013

“Cause if looks could kill, I could start a hate war too ‘cause I’d murder you straight bitches by turning the gaze on you!”

Best RAPPER alive and maybe of all time. Eminem consistently has rhymes and wordplay that few can match.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I'm not saying I have the best taste in music or anything like that lol. I just think 69 is a POS and not anywhere close to as hot as he thinks he is.

Cheers
We are all one with each other, have some sympathy for the boy. He can redeem himself, I believe.

Anyways, Offset's definitely gonna come out with the best of the solo Migos projects in a couple of weeks. Just a heads up.

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
I wasn’t super impressed with the Meek Mill album on my first listen. I’m not super into the street cred raps anymore I guess.

Rich Nixon

No Prior Knowledge of "Flyers"
Jul 11, 2006
Key Biscayne
lmao this section is a cesspool. New Black Thought comes out and not a peep and yet you clowns act like a pos who is gonna be seeing the inside of the cell for the better part of his adult life making cheap garbage music is good.

Yes and no. On one hand, Teriyaki Sixix Neinine is garbage. On the other hand, I grew up loving the Roots, and the notion of listening to an entire Black Thought solo album in 2018 is about as appealing to me as repeating high school Spanish. Might be useful, really not interested.

Amazes the hell out of me no one here acknowledged the existence of an Alchemist+Curren$y+Freddie Gibbs album. You get just the right mix of impeccable production, stoner cleverness, and cold blooded murder shit all in one package.

Reactions: CycloneLaunch

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
almost the end of the year and got my spotify wrapped, now wondering where y'all would rank albums this year or have a top-5 list? There was so much stuff I enjoyed this year that making a list is super hard.

1. TA13OO
2. Daytona
3. DiCaprio 2
4. Kids See Ghosts
5. FM!

HM: KOD, TESTING, Astroworld, Kamikaze, Book of Ryan, Tha Carter V, Some Rap Songs

still haven't listened to Redemption lol

still love the concept of TA13OO and can listen to it from beginning to end and never get tired of it. Same with Daytona, but it's a bit too short to put at #1 imo.

DiCaprio 2 really made me think about putting it in the #2 or even #1 spot.

Kids See Ghosts, again, on the shorter side, but it's a beautiful, beautiful project.

FM! is probably my personal favourite, or top-3, but it's waaaay to short to put in the top-3. 5 is just a nod to one of my personal fav projects of the year. Literally the only negative is that it's so short, but I'll give it a pass since Vince has about 4 projects lined up for 2019.

Initially was pretty meh on TESTING, but kept listening and it's real good. I like it a lot. ASAP is so versatile.

Book of Ryan is longer, but Royce rarely -- if ever, misses. He's super consistent and this project wasn't any different.

Astroworld mostly lived up to the hype for me. Some filler songs in there (lol why was Butterfly Effect on there again?) but I enjoyed and keep going back to a lot of songs and keep them in my rotation.

probably last among those listed is Kamikaze. While much better than Revival, when the hype of the surprise drop wore off, it's very much something that you had to listen to AT THAT TIME. There's very little I go back to from that album aside from from the Joyner track on it. I wouldn't say it holds up much at this time, other than at least it shows Em can still flow and ride a beat and not be choppy as f***. For that reason I include it, but it'd probably be last of all those listed, and maybe even behind others that I didn't list and didn't listen through all the way. In fact, I'd probably even have Ye ahead of it.

I'd definitely have Earl's "Some Rap Songs" ahead of it, which while it started out iffy to me, and the mixing is kind of weird (similar to Tyler's Cherry Bomb that kind of mutes Earl's lyricism, which is also muted on this project and not at Earl's standard, imo) it turns out to be a really nice, beautiful project.

all in all, real good year for high quality releases, even those that I didn't list. Only way it could have been better for me from a personal standpoint was if we got that Q album that was delayed after Mac's death, but that one is understandable. Also a Kendrick drop that wasn't a movie soundtrack, but considering we got DAMN. just last April, that wasn't expected. Also, need that Joey BadA$$.

final rankings probably:

1. Ta13oo
2. Daytona
3. DiCaprio 2
4. Kids See Ghosts
5. FM!
6. Book of Ryan
7. Testing
8. Tha Carter V
9. Astroworld
10. KOD
11. Some Rap Songs
12. Ye
13. Kamikaze

(of those listed, also listened to some other stuff through the year, like Rich The Kid's project, Scorpion, Dummy Boy, etc., but not listing them here)

Last edited:

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Your bf is caught up with the cartel how can you actually like him without being mentally undeveloped
Quit rambling, you're sounding like that awful track you posted. Just on and on with the fluff, damn.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Top 5 for me would be

1. Pusha - Daytona
2. Nipsey Hussle - Victory Lap
3. Lupe Fiasco - Drogas wave
4. Em - Kamikaze
5. Logic - YCIV

HM - Nas - Nasir , Royce 5'9 - book of ryan, Cardi B

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Top 5 for me would be

1. Pusha - Daytona
2. Nipsey Hussle - Victory Lap
3. Lupe Fiasco - Drogas wave
4. Em - Kamikaze
5. Logic - YCIV

HM - Nas - Nasir , Royce 5'9 - book of ryan, Cardi B
I listened to both Logic projects this year. YCIV was meh, but I liked Bobby Tarantino II. That was more of the Logic I like (aside from the Everyday track). I’d probably put that above Kamikaze on my list too lol.

Nasir felt so uninspired, maybe that’s just me tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->