Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VX

Status
Not open for further replies.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Oh.i listened to it and he was dropping bars about sending shots, money and hoes. So i didnt really feel any emotion , wasnt sure what was up.
He should’ve mentioned how his parents got a divorce. That’s much more sad.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Polo G dropped some fire
He got the same flow on every song lmao. I’m surprised no one cares, but the guy sounds exactly the same on almost all his joints.

I like him as a person tho, reminds me of chill ppl I’ve met but not really wowing me musically.

Also I think I can officially say I’ve outgrown 6ix9ine. Shits kinda boring now and I’m older so it’s like uhhh I’ll pass.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
He got the same flow on every song lmao. I’m surprised no one cares, but the guy sounds exactly the same on almost all his joints.

I like him as a person tho, reminds me of chill ppl I’ve met but not really wowing me musically.

Also I think I can officially say I’ve outgrown 6ix9ine. Shits kinda boring now and I’m older so it’s like uhhh I’ll pass.

Yeah I only pluck some songs here and there. It'll wear off on me just like DaBaby has.

I'm still aboard the tekashi train. His trolling is almost as good as it's ever been and his numbers have been downright outrageous. Dude has Snoop and Meek wildin'. He's still catchy af to me, even when I try not to like it. Been watching reviews to it and have been hard-pressed to find someone that thinks it's not at least catchy.

The minute people stop giving him a platform to troll, he will fall off. The more Snoop and Meek feed into it, the more eyes he gets. He thrives for the online beef.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Yeah I only pluck some songs here and there. It'll wear off on me just like DaBaby has.

I'm still aboard the tekashi train. His trolling is almost as good as it's ever been and his numbers have been downright outrageous. Dude has Snoop and Meek wildin'. He's still catchy af to me, even when I try not to like it. Been watching reviews to it and have been hard-pressed to find someone that thinks it's not at least catchy.

The minute people stop giving him a platform to troll, he will fall off. The more Snoop and Meek feed into it, the more eyes he gets. He thrives for the online beef.
I just can’t listen to a rat. It’s weird, I’m not really a street dude but what he did was foul and I’d feel kinda like a clown bumping that in my car.

The guy kinda screams out fatherlessness to me at this point. He’s peacocking hardcore, and the music to me has gotten progressively worse. Gummo was an absolute banger, same with Kooda, but other than those two nothing really sticks that much for me.

I think he’ll be the Soulja Boy of this era, change something about the consumption of music, but not really anything to write home about in terms of actual musical substance.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I was shitting on Polo G for sounding the same on a lot of songs (he does) but he’s got some really good lyrics for real.

Reactions: PG Canuck

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I just can’t listen to a rat. It’s weird, I’m not really a street dude but what he did was foul and I’d feel kinda like a clown bumping that in my car.

The guy kinda screams out fatherlessness to me at this point. He’s peacocking hardcore, and the music to me has gotten progressively worse. Gummo was an absolute banger, same with Kooda, but other than those two nothing really sticks that much for me.

I think he’ll be the Soulja Boy of this era, change something about the consumption of music, but not really anything to write home about in terms of actual musical substance.
I genuinely don't understand how anyone can listen to his music tbh. I'm a fan of almost every genre and just can't do it. All that other stuff aside. Either way I don't think he ends well.

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
Carti's instagram comments have been quite the read. Guy just doesn't drop music and it's pissing people off. Maybe he's making a new album because of the reaction Pain 1993 got...:laugh:
He changed his sound for the worse. Self-titled and Die Lit were such good albums. The SoundCloud leaks from that time and before are amazing too. His new music sucks. Hoping WLR is much better.

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008

J Cole is in my top-5 musicians ever. That includes other genres as well.

Johnny Cash
Willie Nelson
J Cole...

...Have dominated my playlists for the past decade or so.

ORRFForever

Oct 29, 2018
People keep saying Hip Hop is dying and it's just another music genre that has passed its best before date?

I am NOT a music guy but people I know who like Hip Hop, like stuff from 20 years ago. Can anyone provide insight?

Dubi Doo

Aug 27, 2008
People keep saying Hip Hop is dying and it's just another music genre that has passed its best before date?

I am NOT a music guy but people I know who like Hip Hop, like stuff from 20 years ago. Can anyone provide insight?
I think Hip-Hop is in a great spot, atm. Most people would say the golden era was from the mid-nineties to the early-2000s. It went through a pretty crappy phase around 2005 ish, but its picked back up.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
You have to understand what it means to be wavy to understand the newest hip hop. If you ain’t a wave god you a wave fraud, likely to drown.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad