Music: The Official Hip-Hop Thread: Part VX

Status
Not open for further replies.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
Not sure why NBA Youngboy doesn’t get the same criticism as DaBaby for dropping way too much of the same music.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
The question is who has more hits, Kendrick Lamar or French Montagne?

I don’t even feel like this is a fair battle. I don’t even listen to French at all but has he had a record of his own, with no collabs, pop off? Now, has he had 2-5 records do that?

Peter Zezel

Sep 12, 2003
I'm hit or miss when it comes to RA but this is the first I've heard from Immortal Technique in awhile. Hopefully it's a sign of things to come

When RA is on he's on. His verse on Uncommon Valor will probably always be what he's remembered for.

Nice track.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
I don’t even feel like this is a fair battle. I don’t even listen to French at all but has he had a record of his own, with no collabs, pop off? Now, has he had 2-5 records do that?
He’s had like 2. That’s why he got roasted online, he felt himself way too hard for beating Tory Lanez.

Anyways, IT’S DOLPH!!!!

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Playboi Carti setting himself up for a massive album flop IMO. It’ll do well first week because of everyone wanting to check it out after Die Lit but he going to be clowned if this is the new sound. He’s been clowned by the majority of people, from what I see anyways, on his last two drops.

WLR going to be ass if this is the new Carti.

Everyone wants Die Lit Carti and this is what we get. Ugh.

@ Meh probably one of the worst songs I’ve ever heard. That beat is sick though, live how different it is. It’s a shame is got wasted. If some SoundCloud rapper dropped @ Meh, they’d be getting roasted by every single person that listens to rap.

Enough of the shit Carti.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
He’s trying too hard to be Young Thug, down to the looks and mannerisms in the @ meh video.

Guy always seemed like a bit of a try hard to me, even tho Die Lit had some really good songs on it.

Also that new Drake is zzzzZzz. I miss cornball Drake. He tries so hard to seem like he’s with the shits now smh. Pusha T definitely messed with his head heavy on that front.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
pain 1993 is one of the worst drake tracks I have ever listened to. he said nothing in his lyrics, the flow was boring as hell and carti sounds like alvin the chipmunk.

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Drake’s throwaway songs are probably going to do better than most albums that have been dropped so far :laugh:

handful made my playlist. I’m happy Chicago freestyle was released to Spotify

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Drake’s throwaway songs are probably going to do better than most albums that have been dropped so far :laugh:

handful made my playlist. I’m happy Chicago freestyle was released to Spotify

Ya there isnt alot out so far 2020 that has got my replay value via albums. Only ones on my playlist are Em's album and stormzys.
Dababy's album was same old, can listen to it in the background but nothing groundbreaking.

Mostly just been relistening to a bunch of older mgk to explore his cataloge as i found his quarantine sessions quite good. Also exploring more U.K artists.

Reactions: PG Canuck

PG Canuck

Mar 29, 2010
Ya there isnt alot out so far 2020 that has got my replay value via albums. Only ones on my playlist are Em's album and stormzys.
Dababy's album was same old, can listen to it in the background but nothing groundbreaking.

Mostly just been relistening to a bunch of older mgk to explore his cataloge as i found his quarantine sessions quite good. Also exploring more U.K artists.

MGK has become one of my favourite artists ever since the Eminem stuff. The Dirt really helped in wanting me to check out MGK more too.

El Diablo was really good, his quarantine drops have been unreal (smoke and drive still my favourite), and his latest song is so catchy and it’s not even rap. Guy is so versatile between different genres it’s insane meanwhile DaBaby can’t even change up his flow consistently. MGK and Travis Barker have formed a fun duo.

I’m excited for his next album even though it won’t be rap. It gives me pure nostalgia with the blink 182 vibes and such.

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017
6ix9ine dropping May 8th apparently. Should wow you guys.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
As much as i dislike 69 due to his lack of word play and lyricism, i have to say the beat and background visuals in his video had me like...
Crazy comeback for him 39mil views in one day crazy.

Reactions: southeastern

holy

2023-2024 Cup CHamps
May 22, 2017

Hopefully we get a cleaned up cut of this on his posthumous project.

His death really made 6ix9ine’s comeback a hell of a lot easier. The game has changed for real for real.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->