NHL 20 The Official HFBoards PS4 NHL EA Tournament Series

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
The Official HFBoards PS4 NHL EA Tournament Series

* (each main header will be starred and indented)- See the end of document for full sign-up sheet, as well as rules and regulations:

- - - - - - - - - -

*Original first post:

Senz here, (f.k.a), JaredCowenFan/SenzFan2…

Recently did some reminiscing with O.G. NHL HF members Draisaitl (glutamat0815) and Habs (Habs1995) about when we used to do HF NHL EA tournaments back on NHL 14/15/16.

I was wondering if anyone would be interested in doing a tournament or tournaments for NHL. We could do it for coins (everyone chips in 5, 10, or 15k) or just for fun. We could also do it in HUT or in versus, whatever the consensus wants. Although it does seem versus seems like the best route to go with. If we do get enough continual interest we can branch out and do HUT tournaments.

Just trying to revive this community a bit and to see if we can make NHL a bit more fun, as I've found it personally boring, lately.

I will be down to manage it all and organize everything. I just need availabilities from everyone, and if there is actually interest.

Thanks, and let me know…

Here are some old thread examples of NHL tournaments we did:

PS4 HFBoards Tournament Series - Free entry for HUT prizes!
PS4 HFBoards Tournament Series - TOURNAMENT CLOSED

Here is the official Challonge bracket (where all stat-tracking and division/playoff stats will be):

https://challonge.com/HFTourney

- - - - - - - - - -

NHL20 EA HUT/Versus Tournament Idea - PS4

*-tentative start date: Monday, January 13th: end date: February 1st.

Rules and regulations (important to follow these):

*Original Post:

• I can start an official PS4 tournament chat on PS4 for everyone if we want, where we can communicate schedules. It is your responsibility to reach out and contact your opponents to figure out a time to play these games. Simply posting when you are available is NOT enough. Send a PM on HF, send a message on PS4, seek out your opponent and communicate. Basically, don't wait for the game to come to you expecting others to match your availability.
  • As an FYI, home games were randomly distributed throughout this tournament, some members received three, others 2, and some 1 but everyone gets at least one. This will balance itself out throughout the series, and in Versus mode, there shouldn't be too much (if any) advantage afforded to the home team anyway.
  • Once you have played a game, it is the responsibility of the winner to report the game score here. Scores will not be accepted in any other fashion. Please use the quick form below to report game scores. The "game letter" should be matched up with the letter next to your game on the schedule page. Schedules are linked under your division in the second post.
*Example of game reporting:

Game letter (#): (A1 through P16).

(Name)(Away Team Used)(Goals) - (Name)(Home Team Used)(Goals)

Please note if the game went into OT/Shootout, write a recap if you like, up to you. Please specify which team was used when reporting the game.

Example:
Game letter (#): A1
Senz Ottawa 2 – Draisaitl Colorado 3 - Final OT

Add a write up here.

*Official rules (draft):

Each tournament participant will be entered into round-robin division series match-ups and then a single-elimination playoffs tournament to crown an HFBoards Tournament Series champion. Expanded rules below:

• There will be 16 total teams/players.
  • Games will be played in versus mode, where a person picks a team in the four-person, four-division, round-robin, (every person should be a different team, it will go as first come, first serve), and then a different team for the single-elimination playoff rounds (final 8 and final 4), and then a different team for the championship series’. So, each person will pick 3 teams to start, and play with all 3 to finish, (1 team in the 4 game round-robin division series, 1 team, respectively, in the final 8 and final 4 games single-elimination games, if you make it that far, and another team for the championships final).
  • Each division will consist of four teams/players, where each and everyone plays each other, and the winner of each division will receive a bye to the 2nd round.
  • Then the following 12 will play in a single-elimination knockout to see who makes it into the final 8 (I will be using a randomizer for this, see below for details).
  • It goes as follows after that: winner of each division get a bye, then final 12, down to final 8, down to final 4, down to final gold championship game, and final bronze championship game.
*Better original explanation (if the above wasn't clear enough):
  • In the past tournaments, some participants opted to do write-ups about their games or upcoming opponents, this really added to the environment and if you have anything like that to add I would encourage it! Prizes will be given out for the most sportsmanlike participant, best forum presence, and other surprises as we move along (tentative).
  • Each tournament will feature four-team divisions, with "round-robin" games against each opponent in your division. These will be randomly assigned throughout the series to keep things fresh. Home teams will also be randomly assigned, the home team will have the option to select which team they would like to use after the visitor selects their team.
  • Upon completion of the round-robin, with the top player from each division getting a bye, the final 12 teams will play in a single-elimination bracket, resulting in a final 12 to final 8 to final 4 to gold and bronze level games until a winner is named.
- - - - - - - - - -

The rest of this is the most important to know and read:

*Randomized matchups scheme:
  • I will be using - RANDOM.ORG - List Randomizer - to sort the divisions. As well as the final 12. So, likely, and hopefully, each remaining 12 will get a fresh match-up, possibly away from the division they were in. It will be randomized 5 times, for each. As well as screenshots posted of the results of the matchups randomized.
*Game schedule criteria:
  • Each person will have 1 week to play their round-robin division games (four games total), and then 3 days to play their final top 8 game (1 game), and another 3 days to play the final top 4 games (1 game), and then 5 days to play the championship games (1 respectively for gold and bronze, for each remaining 4 members/players).
  • If you cannot make a certain time-frame, try re-scheduling. Communication is key in tournaments like this.
  • Failure to play the game(s) within the time permits will result in 1 strike, failure to comply once again will result in a forfeit.
- - - - - - - - - -

*Tournament Series Rulebook:

• This is a gentleman's tournament. You are expected to mix up your game and not repeatedly go for glitch shots, cheese plays, or repeated short side attempts. Diving for any reason other than to block a shot or pass in the D zone, keep away/puck ragging, etc. Keep it sportsmanlike. Common sense should prevail.
  • Each tournament, you must declare the three teams you will be using throughout the tournament. During the single-elimination playoff bracket, you may use 1 team for the top 12 games, and a different team for the final 8 and final 4 games, as well as a different team for the championship game(s), if you do indeed make it that far.
  • Games must be completed within the provided schedule timeframe. Any game not played will result in an OT (1-0) win for the player, not in question. The offender will be charged with a 6-0 regulation loss.
  • It is the sole responsibility of each participant to reach out to their opponent in order to find a mutually agreeable time to schedule their game. Any player unable to play a game within the scheduled timeframe will be given one strike. Any 2nd game missed will result in IMMEDIATE DISMISSAL from the entire series and you will be replaced by someone on the waiting list (tentative).
  • If a lag out or obvious lag problem occurs before the first period, the two parties should communicate to find a resolution, switch hosts, try again later, etc. If a lag out occurs during the game, any goals scored will count and the game should be restarted and picked back up at the point of the lag out.
  • The standings will be determined as such: 2 points for a win, 1 point for an OT loss, 0 points for a regulation loss.
  • Standings tiebreakers as follows: Wins, Goal Differential, Total Goals For.
  • The winner of each game should visit the thread to report the game score. Please make sure to post if the game was a regulation win, OT win, regulation loss. There is a form in the 2nd post below to easily keep track of games. PLEASE USE IT! The only stats that will be kept are points for the standings and goals for/against in case of tiebreakers.
  • I reserve the right to remove any player for misconduct during games, on the forums, or for any unsportsmanlike behavior. If you have a problem with another player, please refrain from posting publicly and contact me via PM.
  • Entrance into the series is not guaranteed, you must meet some minimum posting requirements and be an active member of this community. Anyone with less than 50 posts or at least 6 months here will not be accepted. If you do not meet these requirements, feel free to get into the HUT thread and hang out, get to know everyone and you will be considered for future tournaments and giveaways!

*Expanded Rules:

• Remember that you can use any team that you have NOT used already for each stage of the tournament. Once you use a team, they are "retired" and you can't use them again.
-In case of a game that is not played:
  • If one person is at fault, the opponent will advance.
  • If a scheduling problem exists and BOTH teams acknowledge it, I will simulate the game offline and post the results. BOTH teams will need to agree on this and let me know which teams will be playing.
  • If neither team communicates their desire to play the game OR I determine that both teams are at fault, the highest remaining eliminated seed will advance in their place.
  • In addition, if you had a team scheduled to play in the round-robin and were unable to play that game against your opponent, you are permitted to use them again in the playoffs.
  • Thank you for reading and participating, if you have any questions please feel free to reach out to me via PM here or on PSN (S_-e-_n_-z-_).
  • If you would like to donate to the cause with coins or feel like you may be able to help sponsor this or an upcoming tournament I have planned, please reach out and let me know! Thank you

Good Luck, and ultimately HAVE FUN!

- - - - - - - - - -

Sign-up sheet:

Nickname - HFBoards Name - PSN Name:

Senz - Senz - S_-e-_n_-z-_
Fabian/Draisaitl - Draisaitl - Glutamat0815
Habs - Haps1995 - Pineyferda
Captain Cheese - Captain Cheese - ?
Fishy - iFishyHD - iFishyHD
? - Joel Ward - ?
Leafs - ViewsFromTheSix (f.k.a. Leafsfan1992) - Aslamsaleh?

- - - - - - - - - -

*this is a practice tournament to get in the back in the swing of things. Please try to be patient and cooperative with everyone and everything. We are all trying our best.

Thanks,
Senz

Last edited:

OttawaOilers

Nov 12, 2012
Tournament Bracket and Schedule Template (all-important information can be found here):

HFBoards Tournament Series Schedule:

Tournament #1: ______- OPEN
Round Robin: ___________________
Playoffs: _______________
1st place: _______
2nd place: _________
3rd place: __________

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tournament Template:

Division 1:

HF name (nickname) / PSN name / teams picked
_______ / ________ / _____________

*__________(this is where the clickable challonge bracket will go)*

Division 2:

Division 3:

Division 4:

Final NHL Tournament Standings:

1 ______ / _____ / ___
2 ______ / _____ / ___
3 ______ / _____ / ___
4 ______ / _____ / ___
5 ______ / _____ / ___
6 ______ / _____ / ___
7 ______ / _____ / ___
8 ______ / _____ / ___
9 ______ / _____ / ___
10 ______ / _____ / ___
11 ______ / _____ / ___
12 ______ / _____ / ___
13 ______ / _____ / ___
14 ______ / _____ / ___
15 ______ / _____ / ___
16______ / _____ / ___

*__________(this is where the clickable final challonge bracket will go)*

Winner (gold medal winner): ___________
Runner-up (silver medal winner):
________
Bronze Medal Winner: __________

- - - - - - - - - -

*(see the first post in this thread for full rules, regulations, and schedule).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->